RNC demands networks yank McCain ad

uscitizen

Villified User

Mon Apr 28, 7:10 PM ET

MIAMI - The Republican National Committee demanded Monday that television networks stop running a television ad by the Democratic Party that falsely suggests John McCain wants a 100-year war in Iraq.
ADVERTISEMENT

The ad says President Bush has talked about staying in Iraq for 50 years, then plays a clip of McCain saying, "Maybe 100. That'd be fine with me."

The announcer then says: "If all he offers is more of the same, is John McCain the right choice for America's future?"

Republican National Committee Chairman Mike Duncan said the ad deliberately distorts what McCain, the likely GOP presidential nominee, said.

The committee's chief counsel, Sean Cairncross, said he sent letters Monday to NBC, CNN and MSNBC insisting that they stop airing the commercial.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080428/ap_on_el_pr/mccain100_years

Mon Apr 28, 7:10 PM ET

MIAMI - The Republican National Committee demanded Monday that television networks stop running a television ad by the Democratic Party that falsely suggests John McCain wants a 100-year war in Iraq.
ADVERTISEMENT

The ad says President Bush has talked about staying in Iraq for 50 years, then plays a clip of McCain saying, "Maybe 100. That'd be fine with me."

The announcer then says: "If all he offers is more of the same, is John McCain the right choice for America's future?"

Republican National Committee Chairman Mike Duncan said the ad deliberately distorts what McCain, the likely GOP presidential nominee, said.

The committee's chief counsel, Sean Cairncross, said he sent letters Monday to NBC, CNN and MSNBC insisting that they stop airing the commercial.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080428/ap_on_el_pr/mccain100_years

Wow, imagine that.... a political ad that deliberately distorts the opponents view. Typical Dem advertisement campaign. Not really shocking.

Cry me a friggin' river. The world is officially upside-down; I can feel the blood rushing to my head. Hopefully, unconscious bliss is the next stage....

Cry me a friggin' river. The world is officially upside-down; I can feel the blood rushing to my head. Hopefully, unconscious bliss is the next stage....
No, the next stage is when we start saying things like, "If you don't like it, then move!" at the same time as doing the smack your a$$ dance...

I love the Republicans reaction to the Democrats starting just the smallest smiggen of what they have consistantly done!

Wow, imagine that.... a political ad that deliberately distorts the opponents view. Typical Dem advertisement campaign. Not really shocking.

It's a typical ad campaign, Democrat, Republican, whatever.

And does it really distort his view? He wants to keep troops in Iraq indefinitely to secure the peace and then would be OK with keeping them there for 100 years once the indefinite period ends. But the ad doesn't even get into any of that. it doesn't mention war at all. All it says is that McCain would be fine with staying in Iraq for 100 years.

What is really shocking is the AP report on the matter:

The ad doesn't say anything at all about a 100-year war in Iraq or John McCain wanting 100-year war in Iraq. All it says is that McCain, like Bush, would be fine with the US "staying in Iraq for 100 years" and shows clips of McCain saying exactly that.

Imagine that .. calling the actual words that came out of McCains mouth a "distorted view."

Truly amazing.

Yeah, amazing the fact that if Bush distorts the truth it is "LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!" chanting from the left.

But if the Dems do it.... "well gee golly beaver, he really and truly said it, never you mind the fact that we are distorting the context.... you know the thing we are bitching about Hillary doing to Wright.... never you mind that we are hypocrits."

:rolleyes:

And does it really distort his view? He wants to keep troops in Iraq indefinitely to secure the peace and then would be OK with keeping them there for 100 years once the indefinite period ends. But the ad doesn't even get into any of that. it doesn't mention war at all. All it says is that McCain would be fine with staying in Iraq for 100 years.

The ad doesn't say anything at all about a 100-year war in Iraq or John McCain wanting 100-year war in Iraq. All it says is that McCain, like Bush, would be fine with the US "staying in Iraq for 100 years" and shows clips of McCain saying exactly that.

Looks like the RNC is a bit paranoid. Clearly the ad does not say that!

Well, I have not seen the actual ad, so I will reserve final judgement.... but somehow I get the feeling the ad leaves the distinct impression that McCain wants 100 years of War. Rather than he would be fine if we had a base in Iraq as we do Japan.

Back