RNC demands networks yank McCain ad

Well, I have not seen the actual ad, so I will reserve final judgement.... but somehow I get the feeling the ad leaves the distinct impression that McCain wants 100 years of War. Rather than he would be fine if we had a base in Iraq as we do Japan.

But McCain's position is that he wants to keep troops fighting the war until no more troops are killed and then he'd be fine if we had a base in Iraq as we do Japan. The problem is the first part of the formulation, which could be indefinite.

Regardless, another aspect of the bullshit about Korea and Japan, is that nobody seems to have noticed that McCain filp-flopped on this point too. He specifically rejected the prospect of US troops maintaining a presence in Iraq along the German or Korean model just s few years ago.

When the guy is all over the map with his positions on matters of importance I don't understand how it is possible to misrepresent his position. Which one?

Yeah, amazing the fact that if Bush distorts the truth it is "LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!" chanting from the left.

But if the Dems do it.... "well gee golly beaver, he really and truly said it, never you mind the fact that we are distorting the context.... you know the thing we are bitching about Hillary doing to Wright.... never you mind that we are hypocrits."

:rolleyes:

Perhaps you can point out the "lie."

As you attempt to concoct a so-called lie, keep in mind that keeping troops in Iraq for 100 years whether US troops are dying or not is an unacceptable option in any context.

Bush's lies KILLED INNOCENT PEOPLE.

While you're at it .. can you tell me how the war in Iraq is to be "won" .. at anytime .. or how McCain plans to remove Iran's influence from Iraq .. or how many years US troops WILL be dying in Iraq under McCain's plans?

If you can't, then what in the hell are you talking about?

Last edited:
wow,

the man said it himself.

what more do they want?

a clip of his ex pastor saying it?

tell me how the Truth is distored by the add discribed?

I can't believe I'm defending McCain...

Though I don't believe the ad need to be pulled, I understand why they're pissed. They are not quoting him accurately, well, they are but they are distorting his comment. Par for the course, both sides do it, I don't why they all act so surprised and butt hurt.

What McCain actually said: "Maybe 100. As long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed, that'd be fine with me, and I hope it would be fine with you, if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where al-Qaida is training, recruiting, equipping and motivating people every single day."

I can't believe I'm defending McCain...

Though I don't believe the ad need to be pulled, I understand why they're pissed. They are not quoting him accurately, well, they are but they are distorting his comment. Par for the course, both sides do it, I don't why they all act so surprised and butt hurt.

What McCain actually said: "Maybe 100. As long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed, that'd be fine with me, and I hope it would be fine with you, if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where al-Qaida is training, recruiting, equipping and motivating people every single day."

They didnt say anything about what was happening in Iraq. They didnt say it was 100 years of anything but us being in Iraq. That is what McCain said. Now if they had said 100 years of war that would be different huh? They didnt.

I watched it.

They cut out the middle of the statement. The part where he says that so long as the service members were not getting killed and there was no longer fighting that would be "fine with me". They cut off the "so long as" part.

They then immediately cut to pictures of violence and pretend that is what he was talking about.

Perhaps you can point out the "lie."

As you attempt to concoct a so-called lie, keep in mind that keeping troops in Iraq for 100 years whether US troops are dying or not is an unacceptable option in any context.

Bush's lies KILLED INNOCENT PEOPLE.

While you're at it .. can you tell me how the war in Iraq is to be "won" .. at anytime .. or how McCain plans to remove Iran's influence from Iraq?

If you can't, then what in the hell are you talking about?

1) I said distortion... you know, the very same thing you and others continue to harp on with regards to Wright. (and rightfully so)

2) It is not acceptable to YOU to keep a base in Iraq. Most Americans would not care if we had a permanent base there any more than they care that we have one in Japan and Germany. Which was McCains point. But somehow I doubt that came across in the ad.... but again, I have not seen it yet, so I am not sure.

3) Iran has had influence in Iraq since it was first created. That is not going to change and has nothing to do with the 100 year comment.

4) winning the war also has nothing to do with the comment. The comment was a simple comparison between what exists currently in Japan and Germany and the fact that McCain said IF the situation in Iraq was to the point that no troops were being harmed THEN people wouldn't care if we had a base. He did not say he had a miracle cure for what is going on in Iraq.

Here is another thought for you guys.

If we stay in Iraq it will NEVER be like just staying in germany. There are religious reasons that have started this whole mess to begin with to consider. Why did OBL say he wanted to attack us?

We can not stay in this area if you want to end the terror.

Speaking of ads..................

the smack your a$$ dance?

I dont know why but this one has me rollin

I cant stop fucking laughing

I can see you and Damo doing 'The Macarena' smack that ass desh and damo!:cof1:

[nomedia]www.youtube.com/watch?v=rADqHn93Ssw[/nomedia]

It’s not fair, it’s not fair! Wah wah wah wah. Where’s my mommy?

“Senator McCain, how do we stop the bitch?”

“That’s a good question.”

It’s not fair, it’s not fair! Wah wah wah wah. Where’s my mommy?

“Senator McCain is Obama’s pastor fair game?”
“You bet.”

I watched it.

They cut out the middle of the statement. The part where he says that so long as the service members were not getting killed and there was no longer fighting that would be "fine with me". They cut off the "so long as" part.

They then immediately cut to pictures of violence and pretend that is what he was talking about.

Bottom line: McCain, like Bush, want to stay in Iraq for an indefinite period of time (even though he didn't want to do that a short while ago). There is nothing misleading about point that out and using his own statements to do so.

And really, that bolded above part is pretty cute. Accusing others of "pretending" when you and McCain want to have a discussion about what we should in Iraq in absence of a war going on. Those pictures of violence are reality. How dare we "pretend" to have a discussion about Iraq that is grounded in reality?

The original tape.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFknKVjuyNk"]YouTube - McCain: 100 years in Iraq "would be fine with me"[/ame]

Pay attention to the "As long as Americans are not being wounded, harmed, or killed" part and how he points to places we have maintained troops in peace time as examples of what he is talking about.

Back