Ron Paul's sorry ass legislative record in Congress, Part 1

I posted a clip from his speech on the floor. Is bac spending any time trashing Hillary for proposing and supporting an unconstitutional bill, one Paul opposed, to ban flag burning?

This idea that he supports a ban on flag burning is an outright lie and nothing more. It shows the lack of credibility and depth of consideration of his critics.

I understand that he doesn't support it even though he opposed it. It is the same thing Raengel did when all the (R)s started saying he was for the draft.

I just don't get it though. seems like he'd have better things to do.

I never realized how much time his opposition dedicated to Dr. Paul. Maybe there's something there after all? :rolleyes:

I understand that he doesn't support it even though he opposed it. It is the same thing Raengel did when all the (R)s started saying he was for the draft.

I just don't get it though. seems like he'd have better things to do.

Basically, he is attempting to give a lesson in the rule of law.

Basically, he is attempting to give a lesson in the rule of law.

Although, as far as I recall it is the role of the Supreme Court to determine whether a bill violates the Constitution, not the role of individual congressmembers. Certainly, he can not vote for a bill he believes to be unconstitutional, but beyond that he shouldn't, if he opposes amending the Constitution, give the opponents of free speech a road map as to how to effectively ban flag burning.

Moreover, reading the bill in question it appears that the drafters made attempts to ensure that the bill is in fact constitutional by prohibiting flag burning within the confines of already unprotected speech such as so-called fighting words and conduct likely to incite imminent violence or lawlessness.

Your pretense of being fair and open minded is completely fake.

Such anger. Such passion. I've never claimed to be anything, other than a liberal poster who has an opinon. I stand by everything I've written about ron paul. Most of it is verifiable, and concrete. The man has extremist positions from my perspetive. And I dare say, with regard to the perspective of 95% of all americans. I mean, supporting the elimination of public edcuation? You really don't think that's extremist?

Regardless, no need to make this personal, attempt to psychoanalyze people, or do armchair psychology.

John Edwards gets slammed all the time. And i can't recall every taking it deeply personally, or going ballistic on other posters. The reaction of you and the other ronbots is quite brownshirted. I can see why Ron Paul has so many supporters on the brown-shirted and neoconfederate rightwing - The White Conservative citizens council, Stormfront, KKK, David Duke, Christian Identity Movement. The thing that, throughout history, what has drawn rightwing authoritarians together, is a cult like worship of a leader. I'm not saying that you guys are a cult, but I've never seen the supporters of another candidate become such cheerleaders, and get so angry and hostile at criticism of their candidate.

Carry on though! Just calm down, and don't take it so personally. Lord knows, I've had to endure slams of John Edwards, Bill Clinton, and Al Gore. Slams of the worst variety.

Take a chill pill, and breathing excercises may help to calm you. :)

Although, as far as I recall it is the role of the Supreme Court to determine whether a bill violates the Constitution, not the role of individual congressmembers. Certainly, he can not vote for a bill he believes to be unconstitutional, but beyond that he shouldn't, if he opposes amending the Constitution, give the opponents of free speech a road map as to how to effectively ban flag burning.

You think they do not know how to propose an amendment? :)

Such anger. Such passion. I've never claimed to be anything, other than a liberal poster who has an opinon. I stand by everything I've written about ron paul. Most of it is verifiable, and concrete. The man has extremist positions from my perspetive. And I dare say, with regard to the perspective of 95% of all americans. I mean, supporting the elimination of public edcuation? You really don't think that's extremist?

Paul would never propose, in his role as a federal Rep, to end public education. He has no such power. He would only end the federal government's involvement.

Yes, support for the constitution is fairly extreme.

Regardless, no need to make this personal, attempt to psychoanalyze people, or do armchair psychology.

John Edwards gets slammed all the time. And i can't recall every taking it deeply personally, or going ballistic on other posters. The reaction of you and the other ronbots is quite brownshirted. I can see why Ron Paul has so many supporters on the brown-shirted and neoconfederate rightwing - The White Conservative citizens council, Stormfront, KKK, David Duke, Christian Identity Movement. The thing that, throughout history, what has drawn rightwing authoritarians together, is a cult like worship of a leader. I'm not saying that you guys are a cult, but I've never seen the supporters of another candidate become such cheerleaders, and get so angry and hostile at criticism of their candidate.

Carry on though! Just calm down, and don't take it so personally. Lord knows, I've had to endure slams of John Edwards, Bill Clinton, and Al Gore. Slams of the worst variety.

Take a chill pill, and breathing excercises may help to calm you. :)

You are nuts. The only one going ballistic is bac and the other Paul haters. It's fine you don't like Paul, but don't pretend as if you are just now considering objectively his views while consuming any lie you are fed.

Appalling. Ron Paul advocates the complete dismantling of public education. This is Extremist.

Libertarian Party Platform

"Separation of education and State"

We advocate the complete separation of education and State. Government schools lead to the indoctrination of children and interfere with the free choice of individuals. Government ownership, operation, regulation, and subsidy of schools and colleges should be ended. We call for the repeal of the guarantees of tax-funded, government-provided education, which are found in most state constitutions.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Libertarian_Party_Education.htm

Ron Paul sits on the board of the Alliance for Seperation of Education and State, an organization that promotes the complete decoupling of public funding for education at all levels. Link provided earlier.

Appalling. Ron Paul advocates the complete dismantling of public education. This is Extremist.

We advocate the complete separation of education and State. Government schools lead to the indoctrination of children and interfere with the free choice of individuals. Government ownership, operation, regulation, and subsidy of schools and colleges should be ended. We call for the repeal of the guarantees of tax-funded, government-provided education, which are found in most state constitutions.

Ron Paul sits on the board of the Alliance for Seperation of Education and State, an organization that promotes the complete decoupling of public funding for education at all levels. Link provided earlier.

Ron Paul '08! Just more attention proving the inevitability of his victory!

Whenever Paul gets elected three times, I think we should pass a temporary constitutional waiver permitting him to serve for life. Which, after three terms, won't be much longer, but still. Paul for life!

Moreover, reading the bill in question it appears that the drafters made attempts to ensure that the bill is in fact constitutional by prohibiting flag burning within the confines of already unprotected speech such as so-called fighting words and conduct likely to incite imminent violence or lawlessness.

Amendments are part of the constitution. You can read about it in the Constitution... I'm sure you could even look it up online.

Again, therein lies the truth about many of his supporters. The facts will be right in their faces and they'll deny it. Stringfield calls posting Pauls own legislative record a "smear", a "lie" and something concocted by Paul "haters."

They will say things that simply boggle the mind, even when the evidence is so glaring that it's intellectually impossible not to see it.

What I don't get is if Paul is so meaningless why do BAC, Darla et all spend so much time on him. I mean why waste so much energy {daily for gods sake} if you think he's not viable?

What I don't get is if Paul is so meaningless why do BAC, Darla et all spend so much time on him. I mean why waste so much energy {daily for gods sake} if you think he's not viable?

I can't speak for Darla, but as for me, I do it because I enjoy it.

I do it because there are Ron Paul threads posted almost daily which offers me the golden opportunity to post the truth of what he is.

I do it because of the danger to this nation he and all the knucklehead thought he represents poses to what has been accomplished. I have no intent of watching my children and grandchildren grow up in the past.

Sure, he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of even coming close to the nomination .. but frankly, I'd do it even if he wasn't running for president .. I'd do it if his ass was dead.

I have a 14 year-old grandson, who is athletic, big, and can run real fast. If you suggest that 13 year-old black males, and only 13 year-old black males, should be treated as adults because they can run real fast, and you say, or have said in your newsletter, that blacks are "terrorists and barbarians who can be identified by the color of their skin", shouldn't you also expect that I would absolutely enjoy exposing what kind of fucked up individual you are?

Shouldn't that be expected?

When this bastard dies .. the party is at my house.

Apparently Ron Paul did, otherwise why bother with the dog and pony show?

Because that's what it was .. pure dog and pony.

It also demonstrates that Mr. Constitution has problems with any part of the Constitution that does not fit his narrow interpretation.

Back