Sanford Used Taxpayer Funds for Tryst

how so? if he can take a flight to NY for a quick date...why not to another country....maybe he relieves stress that way, or is it only the morality of the trip that bothrers you?

Going on vacation with your family is one thing. Secretly flying to fuck your lover is another. It's a betrayal of your wife and it is unbecoming of an elected official. To do it on the public dime is theft. And unlike the president, the governor doesn't have pressing security needs and mainly just did it to save money.

It's so much fun to watch people quote him re Clinton demanding immediate resignation because he broke the "oath to his wife".

Sanford Used Taxpayer Funds for Tryst
By JIM DAVENPORT

COLUMBIA, S.C. (June 26) - South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford admits he used taxpayer money to see his mistress in Argentina and plans to repay the cash.

http://news.aol.com/article/sanford-taxpayer-funds/544706

His own private taxpayer funded stimulus fund.

I'm just wondering if the majority of South Carolinians will have the guts to kick this self centered, hypocritical SOB to the curb ASAP?

Going on vacation with your family is one thing. Secretly flying to fuck your lover is another. It's a betrayal of your wife and it is unbecoming of an elected official. To do it on the public dime is theft. And unlike the president, the governor doesn't have pressing security needs and mainly just did it to save money.

obama really needed the press to accompany him on his expensive date...

seems to me you have a double standard simply because he was cheating on his wife. i don't recall the oath of office forbidding adultery....

How the hell do you think Bush got to Crawford?

Whining about trivial shit doesn't help you, it hurts you.

why do you consistently prove what a hack you are? i didn't whine, i made an observation. and i don't care about bush, if he was still president i would have used him as example, stop being stuck in the past, you're missing the entire point as usual, it is ok for others to take the trips, but not sanford....

why do you consistently prove what a hack you are? i didn't whine, i made an observation. and i don't care about bush, if he was still president i would have used him as example, stop being stuck in the past, you're missing the entire point as usual, it is ok for others to take the trips, but not sanford....

Presidents can't go anywhere on commecial flights. It's simply not allowed. Therefore, whenever they do any kind of trip for leisure, it's on the public dole. This is true of Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan et al. As a side note, we do not expect our Presidents to not take personal trips.

How can anyone compare that to what Sanford did?

Incredible, Yurt; simply incredible...

obama really needed the press to accompany him on his expensive date...

seems to me you have a double standard simply because he was cheating on his wife. i don't recall the oath of office forbidding adultery....

there is a federal law against adultry.
Check out my other thread.

It's so much fun to watch people quote him re Clinton demanding immediate resignation because he broke the "oath to his wife".

Sorry clown...its was PERJURY in a legal deposition....maybe understandable for Joe sixpack....but not for the POTUS....

Presidents can't go anywhere on commecial flights. It's simply not allowed. Therefore, whenever they do any kind of trip for leisure, it's on the public dole. This is true of Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan et al. As a side note, we do not expect our Presidents to not take personal trips.

LMAO....is there some constitutional rule against it? admit it, sanford took a personal trip on the public dime, and as you rightly point out, presidents do it all the time. it is really not incredible, it is just a basic observation. seriously, you don't have to be awed everytime i post.

LMAO....is there some constitutional rule against it? admit it, sanford took a personal trip on the public dime, and as you rightly point out, presidents do it all the time. it is really not incredible, it is just a basic observation. seriously, you don't have to be awed everytime i post.

You still miss the point.

It's not worth arguing. It speaks volumes that you see Sanford's actions on equal par with Obama's.

It's not worth arguing. It speaks volumes that you see Sanford's actions on equal par with Obama's.

yurt will defend republicans against anything.... he doesn't care whether it is right or wrong... he's just a yappy little dweeb with a fake degree.

tell me how they are not. i'm not arguing at all. i'm pointing out an observation, if i am incorrect, by all means explain.

Let me get this straight......some neocon yahoo is trying to lump the President of the United States taking a personal excursion with family and a security contingency together with a hypocritical bible thumping governor who disappears without telling anyone to cheat on his wife out of the country, yet he charges the state for it?

Jeezus, these people have lost their minds ever since they got whupped the 2008 elections.

Nixon once flew on a commercial airliner to "save fuel". However, Air Force One had to follow behind because of emergencies. So, it was pretty much one of the biggest dishonest/pointless publicity stunts in history. If a war breaks out and the president had to wait on a normal flight delay to get back to Washington, it would be a tragedy. And it's unreasonable to ask them to take no personal flights.

Sanford does not have the security or emergency concerns that the president did. He flew on a commercial airliner. He just did it on the public dime. You can't compare the two.

Last edited:

Let me get this straight......some neocon yahoo is trying to lump the President of the United States taking a personal excursion with family and a security contingency together with a hypocritical bible thumping governor who disappears without telling anyone to cheat on his wife out of the country, yet he charges the state for it?

Jeezus, these people have lost their minds ever since they got whupped the 2008 elections.

bingo

what is wrong with you people....i am solely talking about using public funds for a personal trip. i have NEVER compared the reasons for the personal trip. to claim so is outright dishonest and smacks of nothing more than hack meadowmuffins.

Back