Sarah Palin "winged" her speech when teleprompter malfunctioned

Little-Acorn

This woman is looking more and more formidable.

--------------------------------

http://www.redstate.com/diaries/redstate/2008/sep/04/breaking-sarah-palin-winged-her-speech-bec/

BREAKING: Sarah Palin "Winged" Her Speech Because of "Broken" Teleprompter

Posted by: Erick Erickson
Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 01:00AM

Halfway through Sarah Palin's speech tonight at the RNC, people following the speech noticed she was deviating from the prepared text.

According to sources close to the McCain campaign, the teleprompter continued scrolling during applause breaks. As a result, half way through the speech, the speech had scrolled significantly from where Governor Palin was in the speech. The malfunction also occurred during Rudy Giuliani's speech, explaining his significant deviations from his speech.

Unfazed, Governor Palin continued, from memory, to deliver her speech without the teleprompter cued to the appropriate point in her speech.

Contrast this to Barack Obama who, when last his teleprompter malfunctioned, was left stuttering before a crowd unable to advance his speech until the problem was resolved.

Sarah Palin. Winner.

Wow...you mean she's actually capable of speaking on her own?

You're right; you guys really do have a find, there...

Wow. Impressive. I can't wait to watch it. My wife taped it for me as I was at a meeting until around midnight...

This woman is looking more and more formidable.

--------------------------------

http://www.redstate.com/diaries/redstate/2008/sep/04/breaking-sarah-palin-winged-her-speech-bec/

BREAKING: Sarah Palin "Winged" Her Speech Because of "Broken" Teleprompter

Posted by: Erick Erickson
Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 01:00AM

Halfway through Sarah Palin's speech tonight at the RNC, people following the speech noticed she was deviating from the prepared text.

According to sources close to the McCain campaign, the teleprompter continued scrolling during applause breaks. As a result, half way through the speech, the speech had scrolled significantly from where Governor Palin was in the speech. The malfunction also occurred during Rudy Giuliani's speech, explaining his significant deviations from his speech.

Unfazed, Governor Palin continued, from memory, to deliver her speech without the teleprompter cued to the appropriate point in her speech.

Contrast this to Barack Obama who, when last his teleprompter malfunctioned, was left stuttering before a crowd unable to advance his speech until the problem was resolved.

Sarah Palin. Winner.

:eek: She has better memory than John McCain....

Wow, I'm so thrilled...

CK

And we know there is no questioning redstate.com when they cite unnamed sources from the McCain campaign.

Apparently better than Obama too.

Nah, I heard it from Dick Morris. She only gave the 2nd best speech of the conventions. Obama's was better. But I will tell you this, I could vote for that woman based on what I heard last night. Problem is, she isn't running, McCain is. So I'll still vote for Cindy.

Wow. Impressive. I can't wait to watch it. My wife taped it for me as I was at a meeting until around midnight...

LMAO......"Impressive"

wow. this says a lot about the state of the republican party. The fact that repugs are actually excited that a candidate can remember lines and speak somewhat off the cuff is quite pathetic.

But cling on to what you can. I understand. Years of failed policies have made you grasp at whatever straws you can.

From the sound of it they had a dummy running ther teleprompter that was busy applauding instead of doing their job. but blame it on the machine....

It's amazing that our expectations for politicians is so low that - when hearing that one might have possibly memorized a speech well enough to actually recite part of it without a teleprompter - words like "formidable," "impressive" and "winner" flow out with ease...

LMAO......"Impressive"

wow. this says a lot about the state of the republican party. The fact that repugs are actually excited that a candidate can remember lines and speak somewhat off the cuff is quite pathetic.

But cling on to what you can. I understand. Years of failed policies have made you grasp at whatever straws you can.
I like watching a good public speaker and find it impressive when somebody can deviate from prepared lines if something goes wrong with the crowd not noticing.

I'd be impressed regardless of who did it.

I find it difficult to ignore the 'prompter when it is malfunctioning and I begin to sound like Obama.

Saying I'm impressed with public speaking skills does not say I am in agreement with the speech. (Which I have not seen.)

I like watching a good public speaker and find it impressive when somebody can deviate from prepared lines if something goes wrong with the crowd not noticing.

I'd be impressed regardless of who did it.

I find it difficult to ignore the 'prompter when it is malfunctioning and I begin to sound like Obama.

Saying I'm impressed with public speaking skills does not say I am in agreement with the speech. (Which I have not seen.)

Does anyone remember when Damo wouldn’t vote for any presidential candidate who wouldn’t vow to never go to war without Congress declaring war, and that the religious right needed to be kicked out of the R party because they were destroying it?

Uh….

Does anyone remember when Damo wouldn’t vote for any presidential candidate who wouldn’t vow to never go to war without Congress declaring war, and that the religious right needed to be kicked out of the R party because they were destroying it?

Uh….

I told you the closet doors would open wider the closer we got to November.

It's amazing that our expectations for politicians is so low that - when hearing that one might have possibly memorized a speech well enough to actually recite part of it without a teleprompter - words like "formidable," "impressive" and "winner" flow out with ease...

Dude......its like the implication of such awe just glosses right over their heads.

Back