Satan At Work. Through YOU!

Are you saying that Satan has no impact on peoples' decisions and subsequent behavior?

Yes. Temptation, yes, but not force. Otherwise people wouldn't have free will.

The story about Lucifer tempting Jesus in the desert is an example.

No. I don't believe in any fairytale creatures. I just like that gif and thought it was funny in this thread.
Yet you are enthralled with the concept of evil. I have no doubt you have costumes and satanic figures for "fun".

Yes. Temptation, yes, but not force. Otherwise people wouldn't have free will.

The story about Lucifer tempting Jesus in the desert is an example.

The story about the Devil tempting Jesus is clearly not comparable. IF Satan ACTUALLY appeared to people, many, many, many more people would decide not to do whatever bad thing it is that they're being tempted to do. However, God still created Satan. He created him, and allows him to exist, knowing that he's not only going to tempt people, but also knowing this his temptations are going to result in horrific things happening to people, the majority of which won't go to heaven, but will spend eternity being tortured in hell.... if you believe the New Testament version of the afterlife.

The story about the Devil tempting Jesus is clearly not comparable. IF Satan ACTUALLY appeared to people, many, many, many more people would decide not to do whatever bad thing it is that they're being tempted to do. However, God still created Satan. He created him, and allows him to exist, knowing that he's not only going to tempt people, but also knowing this his temptations are going to result in horrific things happening to people, the majority of which won't go to heaven, but will spend eternity being tortured in hell.... if you believe the New Testament version of the afterlife.

God likes to fuck with us. Great guy!! Ask Job.

You're free to believe stories written 2000 years ago are 100% accurate. I believe they are the perceptions of intelligent but ignorant people from 2000 years ago.

What do you mean?
You claim to be an atheist, then you build Christian straw men to knock down. That strikes me as odd and hypocritical.

You're also stupid enough to make assumptions without asking questions. That could mean you are young and ignorant or old and stupid. I'm still trying to figure out which one you are. At the moment, I'm thinking younger.

You claim to be an atheist, then you build Christian straw men to knock down. That strikes me as odd and hypocritical.

You're also stupid enough to make assumptions without asking questions. That could mean you are young and ignorant or old and stupid. I'm still trying to figure out which one you are. At the moment, I'm thinking younger.

I am atheist. That doesn't mean I don't know what the Bible says.

What strawman did I build and what assumptions did I make?

I am atheist. That doesn't mean I don't know what the Bible says.

What strawman did I build and what assumptions did I make?
Agreed.

This is one:
Are you saying that Satan has no impact on peoples' decisions and subsequent behavior?
You claim to be an atheist yet you believe in Satan? WTF?
giphy.gif
Or will you confess to trolling and only seeking to aggravate bipolar nutjobs?

Agreed.

This is one:

Is that a problem? :laugh:

I saw the thread title and knew instantly this was another of your beloved happy hunting grounds. ;)

Agreed.

This is one:

I don't believe in Satan or God, that doesn't mean I don't know what the Bible says to be able to ask questions for clarification.

Is that a problem? :laugh:

I saw the thread title and knew instantly this was another of your beloved happy hunting grounds. ;)

Watching people who are supposedly sane and intelligent argue with nutjobs always strikes me as odd. Argue as opposed to discuss/ask questions.

Nothing wrong with exploring the minds of nutjobs, but taking them seriously is a different matter. :)

I don't believe in Satan or God, that doesn't mean I don't know what the Bible says to be able to ask questions for clarification.
Then you answered your own question, son. The answer is in the book you claim to know. What others say about it is a matter of opinion.

The straw man is that you keep referencing a book you don't believe in. Why?

Then you answered your own question, son. The answer is in the book you claim to know. What others say about it is a matter of opinion.

There are many contradictions in the Bible and a lot of interpretations and assumptions made by readers of the Bible. But, to a point you're right. Ultimately, however Satan does his work to inflict horrible suffering on the world, it's with God's consent.

The icing on cake, if you believe in the New Testament version of the afterlife, is that most of the people who have suffered at the hands of Satan's "temptations" will also get to suffer for eternity in hell.

Back