Satan At Work. Through YOU!

There are many contradictions in the Bible and a lot of interpretations and assumptions made by readers of the Bible.

But, to a point you're right. Ultimately, however Satan does his work to inflict horrible suffering on the world, it's with God's consent.

The icing on cake, if you believe in the New Testament version of the afterlife, is that most of the people who have suffered at the hands of Satan's "temptations" will also get to suffer for eternity in hell.
No shit. Agreed on a book that was compiled 300 years after the event in which it depicts.

See? Straw man. You're making a claim about a supernatural creature in which you have declared you don't believe. You believe Evil is a force, I don't. I see it as the absence of Good just like darkness is the absence of light.

I don't believe in Hell as a place to be sent as much as a place some people choose to reside. I'm a big believer in Free Will. You're free to believe "the Devil made me do it"...or your parents, your genes, your culture, whatever. LOL

No shit. Agreed on a book that was compiled 300 years after the event in which it depicts.

See? Straw man. You're making a claim about a supernatural creature in which you have declared you don't believe. You believe Evil is a force, I don't. I see it as the absence of Good just like darkness is the absence of light.

I don't believe in Hell as a place to be sent as much as a place some people choose to reside. I'm a big believer in Free Will. You're free to believe "the Devil made me do it"...or your parents, your genes, your culture, whatever. LOL

Either you believe that Satan exists and influences peoples' behavior or you don't. The girl who is being sexually molested by her step dad right now, probably doesn't care if it's because Satan directly talked to her attacker or simply "tempted" him, right? She probably just wishes her attacker would stop. Meanwhile, God just sits by and watches.

"I don't believe in Hell as a place to be sent as much as a place some people choose to reside."

Are there any other New Testament beliefs you ignore?

Either you believe that Satan exists and influences peoples' behavior or you don't.

The girl who is being sexually molested by her step dad right now, probably doesn't care if it's because Satan directly talked to her attacker or simply "tempted" him, right? She probably just wishes her attacker would stop.

Meanwhile, God just sits by and watches.

"I don't believe in Hell as a place to be sent as much as a place some people choose to reside."
Are there any other New Testament beliefs you ignore?
Nice back pedal with "influence". Temptation is influence. It's not terrorizing, forcing or otherwise negating one's free will. It's a matter of choice. Why do you have a problem with that?

Agreed on anyone being abused. It's why we have laws against such things.

Nice straw man about a supernatural creature you claim to disbelieve. :rofl2: Why don't you go argue with the bipolar about that one? LOL

Another straw man, dumbass. Quote which "New Testament beliefs" I'm ignoring. TIA

Nice back pedal with "influence". Temptation is influence. It's not terrorizing, forcing or otherwise negating one's free will. It's a matter of choice. Why do you have a problem with that?
There's no back pedal. I'm just calling any kind of impact Satan has, no matter how direct or indirect, "influence".

Agreed on anyone being abused. It's why we have laws against such things.
Laws don't stop all crimes and have nothing to do with Satan or God. God, by virtue of the fact that he knows everything, knew/knows that Satan's influence will result in horrible suffering, yet he chooses to do nothing to stop it, including not creating Satan in the first place.

Nice straw man about a supernatural creature you claim to disbelieve. :rofl2: Why don't you go argue with the bipolar about that one? LOL
I don't believe in Satan or God, but I still know what the Bible says and I can point out reasoning that don't make sense. I don't believe in Santa Claus either, but I can tell you that the famous poem "Twas the night before Christmas" doesn't say any of the reindeer were named Jose.

Another straw man, dumbass. Quote which "New Testament beliefs" I'm ignoring. TIA

Admittedly, I misread your comment about Hell, so my "ignoring" comment can be ignored.

Last edited:
There's no back pedal. I'm just calling any kind of impact Satan has, no matter how direct or indirect, "influence".

Laws don't stop all crimes and have nothing to do with Satan or God. God, by virtue of the fact that he knows everything, knew/knows that Satan's influence will result in horrible suffering, yet he chooses to do nothing to stop it, including not creating Satan in the first place.

I don't believe in Satan or God, but I still know what the Bible says and I can point out reasoning that don't make sense. I don't believe in Santa Clause either, but I can tell you that the famous poem "Twas the night before Christmas" doesn't say any of the reindeer were named Jose.

Admittedly, I misread your comment about Hell, so my "ignoring" comment can be ignored.

ROFLMAO. Dude, the backpedal is you broadening your definitions to become meaningless and applicable to whatever you like. LOL

Clearly, you have no clue about the meaning of Free Will and personal accountability. Do you mostly vote Democrat? Have you ever voted for a Republican President or Congressional rep?

You keep claiming you know what the Bible says about God and Satan then you keep proving you can't produce the quotes.

Emotional people see what they want to see. Best, IMO, to keep cool. :)

ROFLMAO. Dude, the backpedal is you broadening your definitions to become meaningless and applicable to whatever you like. LOL

Clearly, you have no clue about the meaning of Free Will and personal accountability. Do you mostly vote Democrat? Have you ever voted for a Republican President or Congressional rep?

You keep claiming you know what the Bible says about God and Satan then you keep proving you can't produce the quotes.

Emotional people see what they want to see. Best, IMO, to keep cool. :)

This is very simple. Satan's influence, to whatever degree, is condoned by God. God had the choice to create Satan. God has the choice to end Satan or, at the very least, end Satan's influence on people.

God also has the power to stop any suffering caused by the influence of Satan or otherwise, but chooses not to.

And, as I said, most of the people who suffer the worst, at the hands of Satan or otherwise, can look forward to an eternity of torture in hell for believing in the wrong God.

This is very simple. Satan's influence, to whatever degree, is condoned by God. God had the choice to create Satan. God has the choice to end Satan or, at the very least, end Satan's influence on people.

God also has the power to stop any suffering caused by the influence of Satan or otherwise, but chooses not to.

And, as I said, most of the people who suffer the worst, at the hands of Satan or otherwise, can look forward to an eternity of torture in hell.
I posted hours ago that if the Abrahamic God is to be believed as all powerful and all knowing, then it goes that Lucifer was created by God. Why is this so tough for you to understand? Did you ever go to college? Read a book on religions of the world?

If God created Lucifer then it was intentional. Why would God negate that intent by intervening?

Quote please...from the Bible you claim to know so much about. LOL

I posted hours ago that if the Abrahamic God is to be believed as all powerful and all knowing, then it goes that Lucifer was created by God. Why is this so tough for you to understand? Did you ever go to college? Read a book on religions of the world?

If God created Lucifer then it was intentional. Why would God negate that intent by intervening?

Quote please...from the Bible you claim to know so much about. LOL

I'm not disputing anything you're saying. I'm just pointing out how sadistic God is, and not just as it relates to creating Satan and subsequently the Fall, but allowing Satan to do whatever he does to contribute to suffering while God stands by and watches. Not only that, but many of the people who are suffering the worst will end up in hell for eternity because they believe in the wrong god, so it's not like you can you "Sure, God orechestrated it so life on earth sucks, but you get to spend eternity in heaven" because 2/3 of the world is going to hell.

I'm not disputing anything you're saying. I'm just pointing out how sadistic God is, and not just as it relates to creating Satan and subsequently the Fall, but allowing Satan to do whatever he does to contribute to suffering while God stands by and watches. Not only that, but many of the people who are suffering the worst will end up in hell for eternity because they believe in the wrong god, so it's not like you can you "Sure, God orechestrated it so life on earth sucks, but you get to spend eternity in heaven" because 2/3 of the world is going to hell.
You're anthropomorsizing a being you claim you don't believe in. WTF?

It's like me calling Santa Claus a pedophile elf slaver then say "I don't believe in Santa Claus". It would be an irrational statement.

You keep making claims about Hell yet keep running from quoting the Bible. Why? You and I both know why: Because you're pushing a lie. It's not in the Bible. It's an interpretation by certain religious nuts...of which you appear to be one.

You're anthropomorsizing a being you claim you don't believe in. WTF?

It's like me calling Santa Claus a pedophile elf slaver then say "I don't believe in Santa Claus". It would be an irrational statement.

You keep making claims about Hell yet keep running from quoting the Bible. Why? You and I both know why: Because you're pushing a lie. It's not in the Bible. It's an interpretation by certain religious nuts...of which you appear to be one.
Seems pretty clear that we all either get eternal punishment or eternal salvation.

Revelations 20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death—the lake of fire. 15 If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, that person was thrown into the lake of fire.

Matthew 25:46 And these will depart into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Seems pretty clear that we all either get eternal punishment or eternal salvation.

Revelations 20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death—the lake of fire. 15 If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, that person was thrown into the lake of fire.

Matthew 25:46 And these will depart into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Why the fuck would you think that?

Meh. If you can tell me exactly what that means, then you'd be joining millions of other opinions. My interpretation is "Enjoy your life before you're sorry you didn't"

Good quote, but note that the people had a choice in their life but I agree it condemns them later. That said, let's not forget this was written a few decades later and then edited 300 years later.

The books are convoluted, but there is a lot left up to interpretation...I think that was done on purpose. Also, every single word was written down by a man. IMO, better to take the whole section in context rather than soundbites.

Why the fuck would you think that?

Meh. If you can tell me exactly what that means, then you'd be joining millions of other opinions. My interpretation is "Enjoy your life before you're sorry you didn't"

Good quote, but note that the people had a choice in their life but I agree it condemns them later. That said, let's not forget this was written a few decades later and then edited 300 years later.

The books are convoluted, but there is a lot left up to interpretation...I think that was done on purpose. Also, every single word was written down by a man. IMO, better to take the whole section in context rather than soundbites.

Funny. People can generally find exactly what they want in the Bible. You are no exception.

At the very least, do you acknowledge that hell is a place where people, or souls, are destroyed, even if they aren't tortured for eternity?

Jesus Fucking Christ.

People are masses of sub-atomic particles interacting in space.

Why do some of us seem to think that we have any influence as to how particles interact?

It sure looks like we're just along for the ride.

The few of us who may actually have a modicum of intellectual abilities are far too outnumbered to accomplish much.

Back