Satan At Work. Through YOU!

It was edited that way. Not really a mystery for those who are sane, intelligent and educated. :)

Of course it was edited. It didn't just float down from heaven. It was edited because it was written by men who couldn't explain where the sun went at night and believed there was a plexiglass dome around the earth, with windows that opened and closed to let rain in. Some books were added. Some books were removed or never included. Half the books we have no idea who wrote them. There's nothing divine about the Bible.

My point is that there's nothing "inspired" about it, which is why the story is so convoluted and paints God as a homicidal maniac one minute, a loving, caring father figure the next, but ultimately as an absentee landlord who creates suffering and then watches it happen.

Of course it was edited. It didn't just float down from heaven. It was edited because it was written by men who couldn't explain where the sun went at night and believed there was a plexiglass dome around the earth, with windows that opened and closed to let rain in. Some books were added. Some books were removed or never included. Half the books we have no idea who wrote them. There's nothing divine about the Bible.

My point is that there's nothing "inspired" about it, which is why the story is so convoluted and paints God as a homicidal maniac one minute, a loving, caring father figure the next, but ultimately as an absentee landlord who creates suffering and then watches it happen.
Duh. Congrats on having been in HS debate. :thup:

Too bad you didn't learn the lesson of straw man arguments. Sad.

The Bible is so manifestly the work of purely flawed humans devoid of any "inspiration" from an external source that it beggars the imagination how anyone could think otherwise.

Just the simultaneous existence of 1Sam 15:3 and John 3:16 are enough to show you that this isn't an inspired document (either that or God is truly a mess which doesn't make ANY sense theologically.)

The Bible is so manifestly the work of purely flawed humans devoid of any "inspiration" from an external source that it beggars the imagination how anyone could think otherwise.

Just the simultaneous existence of 1Sam 15:3 and John 3:16 are enough to show you that this isn't an inspired document (either that or God is truly a mess which doesn't make ANY sense theologically.)

Agreed. There's no evidence of any "divinity" in the bible.

Agreed. There's no evidence of any "divinity" in the bible.

What I brought up to the pastor of the church I was forced to attend was 1 Sam 15:35 where it says the LORD regretted making Saul King of Israel... If you know everything that will happen from a decision you make because you are omniscient, how could you possibly regret a decision? You only regret mistakes. If God is perfect, how did He make a mistake?

Every reference to God. Is this a trick question?

It is NOT a trick question.

The reason I focus on 1Sam15:3 is twofold: first it represents one of the most horrific events I can imagine and it was done at the behest of God via his prophet. When Saul FAILED to murder every living thing of Amalek God turned from Saul. And the second reason is I've never met a Christian who is willing to really take this verse on head-on. Usually it's an uncomfortable dance.

And that discomfort arises from God's appearance in the New Testament where he SO LOVED THE WORLD (that's EVERYONE) that he sent his only begotten son to die on our behalf to atone us to him.

The divinity of God is thus "tarnished" unless there is an exegesis which allows for God-ordained genocide. This is, of course, a useless religion. If we cannot trust that the followers of a specific God WON'T suddenly get word from their god that they need to conduct a genocide then we cannot trust them at all.

There is NO VALUE to that religion. It is, in fact, a religion of horror and murder.

But I sure do like the version of God in the NT. He seems like a super-groovy kinda guy!

Are both of those verses inspired by God?

It is NOT a trick question.

The reason I focus on 1Sam15:3 is twofold: first it represents one of the most horrific events I can imagine and it was done at the behest of God via his prophet. When Saul FAILED to murder every living thing of Amalek God turned from Saul. And the second reason is I've never met a Christian who is willing to really take this verse on head-on. Usually it's an uncomfortable dance.

And that discomfort arises from God's appearance in the New Testament where he SO LOVED THE WORLD (that's EVERYONE) that he sent his only begotten son to die on our behalf to atone us to him.

The divinity of God is thus "tarnished" unless there is an exegesis which allows for God-ordained genocide. This is, of course, a useless religion. If we cannot trust that the followers of a specific God WON'T suddenly get word from their god that they need to conduct a genocide then we cannot trust them at all.

There is NO VALUE to that religion. It is, in fact, a religion of horror and murder.

But I sure do like the version of God in the NT. He seems like a super-groovy kinda guy!

Are both of those verses inspired by God?

Sorry, what is the point? Divinity=God. What is the problem?

No. I thought you were asking where divinity is referred to. I think you're a troll, so.......

Ahh, now it makes sense. You were playing a word-game. I thought you meant that any discussion of God is a sign of divinity in the Bible (as my question CLEARLY stated):

What do YOU think is the most significant sign of divinity in the Bible? Honest question.

Now I see your word game. Got it.

Sorry for the mix-up.

Ahh, now it makes sense. You were playing a word-game. I thought you meant that any discussion of God is a sign of divinity in the Bible (as my question CLEARLY stated):

Now I see your word game. Got it.

Sorry for the mix-up.

You seem too intelligent to be saying such stupid stuff. Got you wrong.

Never heard anyone say such a thing! What do mean?

Well, imagine a book that was written, or truly inspired, by an all-knowing, all-loving, all-graceful being that wanted to convey to his creation all of the most important ideas for life

Now, look at the Bible.

Well, imagine a book that was written, or truly inspired, by an all-knowing, all-loving, all-graceful being that wanted to convey to his creation all of the most important ideas for life

Now, look at the Bible.

Maybe it is me. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Back