Science can't answer these questions

Knowing that emotions exist is not an answer to the questions in the OP.

Paleolithic cave people knew there was a force that caused apples to fall from trees, but that is not an explanation of gravity.

The fact that we know humans have brains and emotions is not an answer to the questions.

Newton did not explain gravity. He simply accepted it as a force.

Yes it is Cypress

Human brain function studies

The fact that we can study biology, the brain, human behavior is empirical knowledge.

It doesn't answer the questions in the OP. Those are highly subjective ethical questions. Science operates in the realm of the objective and empirical. There is no science of subjectivity, though maybe we need to invent one.

The fact that we can study biology, the brain, human behavior is empirical knowledge.

It doesn't answer the questions in the OP. Those are highly subjective ethical questions. Science operates in the realm of the objective and empirical. There is no science of subjectivity, though maybe we need to invent one.

Science does not use any subjectivity. It is purely objective.

Blatant lie. Don't try to deny your own posts, Sock.

Your thinker is broken, troll. I challenge you to link to the post I supposedly wrote Newton explained gravity.

Failure to provide a link will be taken as an admission you lied your flabby ass off

Knowing that emotions exist is not an answer to the questions in the OP.

Paleolithic cave people knew there was a force that caused apples to fall from trees, but that is not an explanation of gravity.

The fact that we know humans have brains and emotions is not an answer to the questions.

Why not?

Ethical questions are created by us

They have a scientific basis for existing

It’s called survival

These questions are universally shared by all human beings.

1. Is existence meaningful, absurd, or both?
2. How should I live my life? Does it matter?
3. Do I need other people? Why? How?
4. What does death mean, if anything?

Francis Ambrosio, Georgetown University

Life is meaningful if you let it be

Embracing this fascinating ecosystem full of life and perpetuating it out of love of others

Our environment created us this way

We invented god

Not the other way around

Your thinker is broken, troll. I challenge you to link to the post I supposedly wrote Newton explained gravity.

Failure to provide a link will be taken as an admission you lied your flabby ass off

Don't try to deny your own posts, Sock. ANYONE can read them.

Embracing this fascinating ecosystem full of life and perpetuating it out of love of others

We invented god

Not the other way around

I understand your religion is the Church of No God. You have made this obvious before.

Ethical questions are created by us

They have a scientific basis for existing

It’s called survival

The choices Alexei Navalny made had nothing to do with survival, and in fact brought great personal risk to himself and his family.

The fact that we know apples fall from trees does nothing scientifically to explain what gravity is.

The fact that we have biology, brains, and emotions does nothing to provide scientific answers to the questions in the OP.

People knew ten thousand years ago that humans shared biological characteristics with animals, that humans had emotions, that humans made choices. That was thousands of years before science.

Observations in and of themselves are not science. Science is a series of laws or principles that can make accurate predictions and certainly involves measurements and quantification. There is no scientific law that proves the life choice of the ascetic Daoist monk is inferior to materialistic investment banker, or vice versa

We invented god

Not the other way around

I agree with the sentiment in principle.

But it's just opinion, it's not science. There's nothing scientifically that neccesarily says a life devoted to pleasurable experience and personal fulfillment is better or worse than a life devoted to service and self sacrifice

Back