Scripture corruption

it is a silly argument, a church chooses its way. Nothing wrong with that, support them or not, that is up to you. To say the bible is wrong for not including this writing or that one is just without merit.

the Torah is only the first five books of the Bible,

No, that is the Pentatuach. According to tradition, written by Moses, though most scholars consider there to have been at least four seperate authors.

To say the bible is wrong for not including this writing or that one is just without merit.

Unless bible advocates claim that it is the undisputable 'word of god'...

the Torah is only the first five books of the Bible,

No, that is the Pentatuach. According to tradition, written by Moses, though most scholars consider there to have been at least four seperate authors.
The Torah is the first five books of Jewish and Christian scripture:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/torah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torah

the term is sometimes used to include Oral Tradition as well, but it is not the most accurate definition. The Torah is the pentatuech...

Then don't believe them Any. Get over it.

I don't believe them. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss them.

Should only anglers read angling books and then discuss them?

Sigh...

Klaatu why should they be included? Does every word written have to be included?

Thats the intent of this discusion. If these scriptures were in the hands of the scribes ... who made the decision to include and disclude...and for what reason? Wasnt it there Job to interpret the scriptures?
Why not include them all...if all were considered Holy? And why did the Monks feel a need to bury them? It appears they were upset with the orders given and they had the forsight to bury them in hopes one day someone will stumble upon them... as as a farmer named Ali did stumbling upon the Gosples of Thomas and Judas ...

The Torah is the pentatuech...

The Pentateuch is the first five books of the old testament...

"Pentateuch ("implementation of five books") is a Greek word that is derived from two words: penta meaning "five", and teukhos which means "implement" which refers to the Hebrew Bible's books of:

Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy
These books are found in the Hebrew Bible and the Christian Old Testament."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentateuch

The Torah is the pentatuech...

The Pentateuch is the first five books of the old testament...

"Pentateuch ("implementation of five books") is a Greek word that is derived from two words: penta meaning "five", and teukhos which means "implement" which refers to the Hebrew Bible's books of:

Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy
These books are found in the Hebrew Bible and the Christian Old Testament."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentateuch

And the Torah is the same. Do you understand that there may be two words that mean the same thing?

They were, but the Bible and The Torah are two separate things. The Jewish Bible still includes the text of Enoch...

What texts are included in the Jewish Bible .. maybe this is where Im getting confused .. I always assumed the Jewish Bible was a name given by Christians in referance to the Torah .....

It pretty much includes all of the Old Testament with a couple extra texts.

The point is there have always been opposing views and debate. What to believe and what not to believe. Which writing to include and which to exclude. Decisions are made. it is that simple.

LOL. I wish...

they do need the prophets in the end of the OT to figure out who the Messiah is. The rest is historical as well as lessons...

I do think the most fascinating ones are..:

Isaiah7:14 "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.'

and this

Micah 5:2 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times."

and this

Psalms 41:9 "Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared my bread, has lifted up his heel against me."

I put this thread here instead of What Ever Goes because I believe it is worthy of a Current Event discussion. With the Da vinci Code still in heavy discussion on Cable TV.. it has inspired several offspring documentaries centering around the Judeo/Christian Scriptures. My discussion here is not intended to debate whether or not the Scriptures are an inspired text..but whether or not they have been corrupted or are now being corrupted. By this I mean ... given the new exposure of the Lost Texts ..i.e. Old Testament works such as The Book of Jubilee, The Book of Enoch, both of which are included in the Bible's of different sects around the World ...i.e. Ethiopian Christianity.., The Gnostic Texts.., The Gospel of Thomas, The Gospel of Judas.. it begs me to ask this question …
Did the corruption take place back in the days when the scribes of the second and third centuries were ordered to keep certain texts out of the Bible … in effect sanitizing it to the ways of the Church? Or is the corruption now taking place … by bringing these rejected volumes to the forefront…and questioning the motives of the early church scribes?
Did the Church have the right to keep certain Texts out and on what authority? Interesting that these texts were often found buried as if the Monks one day knew that someone would stumble upon them and bring them back to the table of discussion… as they have been.

The Bible is not corrupt. Simply because there may be inspired texts not included in Canon does not mean it is corrupted. Whatever is included in the Bible, is inspired of God.

There is a great wealth of knowledge in the Book of Enoch. About the pre-Adamites, about fallen angels, the sons of God, demons, extraterrestrials, other worlds, etc. Perhaps the Church simply isn't ready for this book to go "mainstream."

And Jesus is/was ruler over Israel ? Hmm seems to me thay had him Crucified, funny way to treat a leader/ruler.

Well I do too with some current "leaders" :)
But this is a biblical thing, that propehcy was either false or was not referring to Jesus.

Back