Scripture corruption

The Bible is not corrupt. Simply because there may be inspired texts not included in Canon does not mean it is corrupted. Whatever is included in the Bible, is inspired of God.

There is a great wealth of knowledge in the Book of Enoch. About the pre-Adamites, about fallen angels, the sons of God, demons, extraterrestrials, other worlds, etc. Perhaps the Church simply isn't ready for this book to go "mainstream."

And who made that decision Brent? Who made the decision as to what was inspired and what wasnt?

Well I do too with some current "leaders" :)
But this is a biblical thing, that propehcy was either false or was not referring to Jesus.

read and go on ... learn

Isaiah 53:5 "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."

He was crushed ? umm I seem to have forgotten that part.

Pick and choose use of the bible. If devinely inspired as some think then it is all correct, not a pick and choose thing.

And who made that decision Brent? Who made the decision as to what was inspired and what wasnt?

Irenaeus of Lyon in 125AD

AnyoldIron,

God could reveal Himself in the sky for everyone to see, and you would yet deny the existence of God. That is because faith in God requires an altering of the heart, which comes only by the Holy Spirit. Evidence does not produce genuine faith.

God could reveal Himself in the sky for everyone to see, and you would yet deny the existence of God. That is because faith in God requires an altering of the heart, which comes only by the Holy Spirit. Evidence does not produce genuine faith.

Oh, no, if you could arrange for him to do that it would go a considerable way to convince me....

God worked through the circumstances to ensure His word would be preserved.

Ha! Ha! Ha! And how do you know that? How do you know it was God working and not the political machinations of early church leaders that is so blatantly shown in the church's early history.

Do you have a hot-line to God, and he keeps you informed of of how he is working?

How does it work Brent?

Do you have a hot-line to God, and he keeps you informed of of how he is working?

As a Christian, I have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ provides the way to overcome sin, make me right before God, and to know the will and nature of God. I know enough about God to know He has preserved His word. :)

As a Christian, I have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

What kind of relationship is that then? Is it mutual? Do you communicate with him and he with you? How does he communicate with you?

Does he communicate through sound or through subliminal messages in nature? Is he an internal voice, part of an internal dialogue?

Try to avoid obscurum per obscurius arguments in your explanation....

Jesus Christ provides the way to overcome sin, make me right before God, and to know the will and nature of God.

So it is your god in the form of Jesus that communicates with you? The above question as to the medium of communication stands...

I know enough about God to know He has preserved His word.

Where do you derive this knowledge from? This is part of the above question... How does this communication occur?

He is in conference with God ?
I am relieved that Brents footnote says the wicked shall burn in hell. I am not wicked :) Unless the wicked are all those who do not believe as he does ?

He is in conference with God ?
I am relieved that Brents footnote says the wicked shall burn in hell. I am not wicked :) Unless the wicked are all those who do not believe as he does ?
Shhhh.... Wicked man. There can be no other way to believe... It says so in that book that the priest selected way back in the ice age...

Yes the church's attitude mirrors that of the Bushites. You are either for us or against us. Saved or wicked devil worshipping sinner. LOL. I don't believe in the devil either :)
Threatening me with hell is like threatening me with sdreferdestry.

Yes the church's attitude mirrors that of the Bushites. You are either for us or against us. Saved or wicked devil worshipping sinner. LOL. I don't believe in the devil either :)
Threatening me with hell is like threatening me with sdreferdestry.
Sreferdestry? That is so much worse than hell.... You can tell because it is hard to pronounce!

Yep, I have no idea what Sreferdestry is and believe in it about the same amount as I do believe in Hell.

Back