Settling the Biological Virus Debate

The question of yours which I quoted, was "how are viruses sequenced if they don't exist?". I believe that the above quote from Dr. Mark Bailey's abstract addresses your question.

No. It doesn't address the question. It does not explain why the sequences are found when doing sequencing.

Alright, addressed this in post #360, moving on...

Arguing you don't like the way the shorter sequences are assembled to create the complete genome of a virus does nothing to explain why the shorter sequences are found. She and you are avoiding my question, not answering it. There are no known human proteins that contain those sequences. Where did they come from? Why are they found?

Dr. Mark Bailey is a man. I'm guessing you're confusing him with his wife, Dr. Sam Bailey, who didn't write the article we're currently referring to. As to this there being no "known human proteins that contain these sequences", you'll have to get more specific as to the sequences you're referring to.

Mark Bailey's essay was not designed to explain why any given disease occurs. It was designed to explain that there is no substantive evidence that viruses exist.

Once again, it simply avoids the questions that show that Bailey's argument is bullshit since it doesn't fit all the facts.

No need for insults. Dr. Mark Bailey's essay is 67 pages long. Did you read it in its entirety? I sincerely doubt it. I did take the time to do so. You can ask a million questions, but his essay is focused on the evidence that viruses don't exist. I think he did a really good job on that count.

If viruses don't exist then something must be causing those illnesses.

Agreed. Trying to figure out the causes of all the various illnesses that are currently attributed to viruses was not what his essay was intended to do, however. Your tactic reminds me of a tactic I've seen used before, which is that if every single thing in a theory someone doesn't like isn't accounted for, they'll nitpick on that point, while the poster refuses to look at the gaping holes in their own theories.

Again, quoting from Dr. Mark Bailey's abstract:

In this paradigm, cases of invented diseases like COVID-19 are nothing more than the detection of selected genetic sequences and proteins purported to be “viral.”

People die every day for all sorts of reasons. Labelling some of those deaths to be caused by "Covid-19" does not mean that a virus had to have caused those deaths. Here's a snippet from Dr. Mark Bailey's essay that I think is quite apt in regards to this newly invented disease allegedly being caused by this alleged Cov 2 virus:

Despite the resources available to them, ESR apparently do not believe in the necessity to check for themselves whether SARS-CoV-2 can be shown to exist. On 19 July 2022, in response to an OIA request they stated that, “ESR has not performed any experiments to scientifically prove the existence of SARS-COV-2 virus and can therefore not provide you with any records.”70 On 17 August 2022 in response to another request, they admitted that, “ESR has not performed any experiments to scientifically prove that [the] SARS-COV-2 virus causes COVID-19 and can therefore not provide you with any records.”71 Nobody else has performed these required scientific experiments either.

Claims without evidence are just claims.

Agreed. Dr. Mark Bailey has plenty of evidence here, however, so this wouldn't apply.

He asked one group if they conducted a specific experiment and then claimed no one had done it. Who or what is ESR?

Clearly you didn't read Dr. Mark Bailey's entire paper. In a way, I understand, as you clearly disagree with his basic premises. ESR stands for New Zealand's Institute of Environmental Science and Research, which makes sense considering that Dr. Mark Bailey is based in New Zealand. I only quoted a snippet of his writing on New Zealand's ESR, it's actually part of a much larger tract. Since you expressed some interest in who ESR was, I figure you might be interested in the larger tract itself. The part I quoted was actually the very last paragraph of it, which I include at the end below.

Quoting:

VIROLOGY’S LACK OF CONTROLS MEANS IT IS NOT A SCIENTIFIC PURSUIT

OIA requests have revealed that New Zealand’s Institute of Environmental Science and Research (ESR), who have claimed isolation and genomic sequencing of the SARS-CoV-2 particle in the Antipodes, are also guilty of failing to perform any valid controls.60 In the tradition of Enders, they have not paused to check whether the CPEs they witnessed, or genomes they assembled via computer simulations, could also be created in valid control comparisons. That is, by performing experiments with other human-derived specimens, from both well subjects and unwell subjects who are said not to have the alleged disease COVID-19. Instead, ESR described their insufficient “negative control” in which, “the flask undergoes the same conditions as the flasks used for viral culture, however we use Infection media only.”

The central conductor in these anti-scientific pursuits is the WHO. It is very telling that in their 94- page “Genomic sequencing of SARS-CoV-2” document, there is a mere four sentences discussing “control samples:”

6.4.2 Control samples

Negative control samples, such as buffer or water, should always be included in any sequencing run that contains multiple samples. They should be included at the earliest stage possible and should proceed with samples through all stages of the sequencing pipeline. This is extremely important to rule out contamination during a sequencing run that occurs in the laboratory or during bioinformatic processing. Positive control samples with known genetic sequences can be useful to validate newly adopted or adapted bioinformatic pipelines for consensus calling, but do not need to be included in every sequencing run.61​

However, neither of these controls are sufficient to validate the “genomes” that the virologists are producing through these techniques because they can only serve to calibrate the pipeline. As has become apparent, the WHO cannot point to one valid positive control experiment, yet on February 11, 2020 they named the new disease they had invented, “COVID-19” with the associated claim that it was caused by a novel coronavirus.62 They have provided the green light for anyone around the world to “find” SARS-CoV-2 in their backyards without the need for valid control experiments either. Yet, there is a clear necessity for comparative controls where similar patient samples, but without the alleged virus, are processed in the same way so that only one variable is being tested. Comparing the results of a sample alleged to contain the virus with one of the negative controls described by the WHO’s document above cannot validate the process as the latter samples do not contain the genetic soup that is part of the former. In any case, even on their own terms the negative control referred to by ESR in New Zealand is unable to provide validation of the methodology they are using to create these virus genomes, because as the WHO states, it is simply a precautionary check for contamination.

With all of the failures to culture postulated viruses, modern virology now favours direct metagenomics63 of crude samples, often with shotgun sequencing64 and subsequent artificial assembly of these genetic fragments to create new in silico65 “viruses” out of thin air. This invention then provides other virus hunters with predesigned PCR primer panels66 so that they can also discover the same sequences and claim it is the same virus. ESR were involved in a publication in which they proclaimed the discovery of SARS-CoV-2 in nine subjects through this methodology.67 They were asked by my colleague to provide, “all details of the control group that was used when comparing the results of sequencing,” but instead of answering the question, the ESR made an excuse about not getting involved in the “generation of new data,” and provided some links to SARS-CoV-2 sequencing protocols.68 If ESR were using such protocols, as detailed on the protocol.io site, then we can see that they are endorsing insufficient controls that are described as, “[a] negative control of nuclease-free water,” while an optional “positive control can also be included which may be a synthetic RNA constructs or high-titre clinical sample which can be diluted.”69 Once again, these types of controls can only serve as pipeline calibration techniques, not the validation or the clinical significance of any “genomes” they assemble.

Despite the resources available to them, ESR apparently do not believe in the necessity to check for themselves whether SARS-CoV-2 can be shown to exist. On 19 July 2022, in response to an OIA request they stated that, “ESR has not performed any experiments to scientifically prove the existence of SARS-COV-2 virus and can therefore not provide you with any records.”70 On 17 August 2022 in response to another request, they admitted that, “ESR has not performed any experiments to scientifically prove that [the] SARS-COV-2 virus causes COVID-19 and can therefore not provide you with any records.”71 Nobody else has performed these required scientific experiments either.

Full article:
A Farewell To Virology (Expert Edition) | drsambailey.com

Last edited:
The issue is not whether or not sequences are found, but what exactly is being sequenced. I've thought of something else, which is that we're not actually talking about various premises that Mark Bailey makes in the quote from his abstract above. I think that's a mistake, as if we were to discuss those, I think we'd get to a better understanding of where we disagree. So I'm going to guess as to break down the above quote from Dr. Mark Bailey and ask you whether you agree or disagree with them- I'll make a guess as to whether you agree or disagree, but you are ofcourse the final arbiter on that count. Alright, here we go:

1- "A viral particle must fulfill defined physical and biological properties including being a replication- competent intracellular parasite capable of causing disease in a host such as a human." -I'm going to guess that you agree with this one.
Yes, that describes a virus reasonably well.
2- "However, “viruses” such as SARS-CoV-2 are nothing more than phantom constructs, existing only in imaginations and computer simulations." -Almost sure you disagree with that premise.
This isn't a premise. It is a false conclusion.
The virus is not a phantom construct. It is RNA that is found in cells. That RNA is not imaginary and is not a simulation. De Novo sequencing is not a simulation. It is taking real RNA that is not found in healthy cells but is found in the cells of people showing symptoms of a disease and assembling it based on standard mathematical principles.

3- "In this paradigm, cases of invented diseases like COVID-19 are nothing more than the detection of selected genetic sequences and proteins purported to be “viral.” " -Almost sure you disagree with this.
Speaking of circular reasoning, that is a rather good example of one. It starts from the premise that diseases are invented and then uses that premise to declare that any genetic sequences found are imaginary. Genetic sequences are not imagined in order to declare there is a virus. Genetic sequences are found and then meticulously examined, sequenced and compared to known sequences. The virus is the result of looking at the sequences, not the other way around.
4- "The existence of a virus is not required in this loop of circular reasoning and thus entire “pandemics” can be built upon digital creations and falsely sustained through in vitro (“test tube”) molecular reactions." I'm pretty sure you disagree with this, but I'm not sure.

So, how'd I do?
What circular reasoning? The only circular reasoning I see is made up by you and Bailey.
The existence of RNA is very much required. The problem is you have no explanation for that RNA. The theory that viruses exist does have an explanation. Until you can present a valid reason for that RNA to exist and duplicate itself, the argument that viruses don't exist is nothing but denialist bullshit.

Alright, addressed this in post #360, moving on...
No. It wasn't addressed. It was avoided.

Dr. Mark Bailey is a man. I'm guessing you're confusing him with his wife, Dr. Sam Bailey, who didn't write the article we're currently referring to. As to this there being no "known human proteins that contain these sequences", you'll have to get more specific as to the sequences you're referring to.
The database of over 6,000,000 sequence viruses.

No need for insults. Dr. Mark Bailey's essay is 67 pages long. Did you read it in its entirety? I sincerely doubt it. I did take the time to do so. You can ask a million questions, but his essay is focused on the evidence that viruses don't exist. I think he did a really good job on that count.
What you think and reality seem to be far removed from each other. Bailey doesn't address the questions I asked that result in his claims being nothing but bullshit.

Agreed. Trying to figure out the causes of all the various illnesses that are currently attributed to viruses was not what his essay was intended to do, however. Your tactic reminds me of a tactic I've seen used before, which is that if every single thing in a theory someone doesn't like isn't accounted for, they'll nitpick on that point, while the poster refuses to look at the gaping holes in their own theories.
You are describing what the Baileys are attempting to do. The theory that works best with the facts is that viruses exist. Their attempt to poke holes in it by claiming they are imagined is nothing by conspiracy theory bullshit. They have not been able to tell us why diseases occur without viruses. They have not been able to tell us why those RNA sequences are found. Until they can come up with a reasonable explanation for those two questions they are not doing anything but spouting bullshit in order to sell their bullshit to gullible people.

Agreed. Dr. Mark Bailey has plenty of evidence here, however, so this wouldn't apply.

Clearly you didn't read Dr. Mark Bailey's entire paper. In a way, I understand, as you clearly disagree with his basic premises. ESR stands for New Zealand's Institute of Environmental Science and Research, which makes sense considering that Dr. Mark Bailey is based in New Zealand. I only quoted a snippet of his writing on New Zealand's ESR, it's actually part of a much larger tract. Since you expressed some interest in who ESR was, I figure you might be interested in the larger tract itself. The part I quoted was actually the very last paragraph of it, which I include at the end below.

Quoting:

VIROLOGY’S LACK OF CONTROLS MEANS IT IS NOT A SCIENTIFIC PURSUIT

OIA requests have revealed that New Zealand’s Institute of Environmental Science and Research (ESR), who have claimed isolation and genomic sequencing of the SARS-CoV-2 particle in the Antipodes, are also guilty of failing to perform any valid controls.60 In the tradition of Enders, they have not paused to check whether the CPEs they witnessed, or genomes they assembled via computer simulations, could also be created in valid control comparisons. That is, by performing experiments with other human-derived specimens, from both well subjects and unwell subjects who are said not to have the alleged disease COVID-19. Instead, ESR described their insufficient “negative control” in which, “the flask undergoes the same conditions as the flasks used for viral culture, however we use Infection media only.”

The central conductor in these anti-scientific pursuits is the WHO. It is very telling that in their 94- page “Genomic sequencing of SARS-CoV-2” document, there is a mere four sentences discussing “control samples:”

6.4.2 Control samples

Negative control samples, such as buffer or water, should always be included in any sequencing run that contains multiple samples. They should be included at the earliest stage possible and should proceed with samples through all stages of the sequencing pipeline. This is extremely important to rule out contamination during a sequencing run that occurs in the laboratory or during bioinformatic processing. Positive control samples with known genetic sequences can be useful to validate newly adopted or adapted bioinformatic pipelines for consensus calling, but do not need to be included in every sequencing run.61​

However, neither of these controls are sufficient to validate the “genomes” that the virologists are producing through these techniques because they can only serve to calibrate the pipeline. As has become apparent, the WHO cannot point to one valid positive control experiment, yet on February 11, 2020 they named the new disease they had invented, “COVID-19” with the associated claim that it was caused by a novel coronavirus.62 They have provided the green light for anyone around the world to “find” SARS-CoV-2 in their backyards without the need for valid control experiments either. Yet, there is a clear necessity for comparative controls where similar patient samples, but without the alleged virus, are processed in the same way so that only one variable is being tested. Comparing the results of a sample alleged to contain the virus with one of the negative controls described by the WHO’s document above cannot validate the process as the latter samples do not contain the genetic soup that is part of the former. In any case, even on their own terms the negative control referred to by ESR in New Zealand is unable to provide validation of the methodology they are using to create these virus genomes, because as the WHO states, it is simply a precautionary check for contamination.

With all of the failures to culture postulated viruses, modern virology now favours direct metagenomics63 of crude samples, often with shotgun sequencing64 and subsequent artificial assembly of these genetic fragments to create new in silico65 “viruses” out of thin air. This invention then provides other virus hunters with predesigned PCR primer panels66 so that they can also discover the same sequences and claim it is the same virus. ESR were involved in a publication in which they proclaimed the discovery of SARS-CoV-2 in nine subjects through this methodology.67 They were asked by my colleague to provide, “all details of the control group that was used when comparing the results of sequencing,” but instead of answering the question, the ESR made an excuse about not getting involved in the “generation of new data,” and provided some links to SARS-CoV-2 sequencing protocols.68 If ESR were using such protocols, as detailed on the protocol.io site, then we can see that they are endorsing insufficient controls that are described as, “[a] negative control of nuclease-free water,” while an optional “positive control can also be included which may be a synthetic RNA constructs or high-titre clinical sample which can be diluted.”69 Once again, these types of controls can only serve as pipeline calibration techniques, not the validation or the clinical significance of any “genomes” they assemble.

Full article:

I don't see any evidence. I see denial of over 60 years of the study of viruses and the sequencing.
The claim that they don't use controls is idiotic and ignores the real world. If this was simply an example of them finding the same proteins over and over then there would not be so many different sequences that identify specific viruses.
Bailey makes some rather simple mistakes when it comes to understanding the process.
WHO recommends using negative control samples between samples to prevent cross contamination. Bailey fails to understand the meaning and uses the equivocation fallacy to use a different meaning of control to confuse you and others.
If you can't see the way Bailey uses "control" compared to the way the WHO uses it, then I can't help you. You will always be ignorant.

There are times when Richard has written some posts that I felt weren't responding to, but what I -like- about Richard is that he frequently does seem to put in a fair amount of time in his responses. A productive discussion requires both sides to put in a significant amount of effort in their posts. Failing that, the discussion tends to fizzle out.

From the Interweb

Seventeen years after the severe acute respiratory syndrome (Sars) outbreak and seven years since the first Middle East respiratory syndrome (Mers) case, there is still no coronavirus vaccine despite dozens of attempts to develop them.

Ask Dick and Into the Night why the SARS and Mers vaccines were pulled.

I don't think any vaccines for either of those were ever brought to market. An NBC News article from 2020 states that scientists were close to a coronavirus vaccines years ago:

Scientists were close to a coronavirus vaccine years ago. Then the money dried up | NBC News

Since I no longer believe that biological viruses exist, I don't pay too much attention to stories like this at this point.

A paper is not a proof.

Do you not agree that there are papers of mathematical proofs?

Divisional error fallacy. Attempted proof by divisional.

Is that a yes or a no?

Virology invented the virus model but has consistently failed to fulfill its own requirements.**

It doesn't have any requirements.

Dr. Mark Bailey clearly disagrees with you there.

So?

First of all, Dr. Mark Bailey has quite a few credentials to his name. From the last page in his "farewell to virology" essay:
Dr Mark Bailey MB ChB, PGDipMSM, MHealSc (Otago)
Is a microbiology, medical industry and health researcher who worked in medical practice, including clinical trials, for two decades.

Source:

Science is not a credential, degree, university, academy, license, or any other sanctification.

I never said it was. I mentioned Dr. Mark Bailey's credentials because it speaks to his credibility.

His essay denies science, just as you do.

Anyone can deny that anything "denies science". This is why it's important to have credentials of some sort to back up one's claims. Do you have any?

Do you have any credentials of this nature?

Science is not a credential.

I never said it was. I was asking you if you hadn't any credentials similar to the credentials Dr. Mark Bailey has that would suggest you too are knowledgeable in field of medicine.

Virology invented the virus model but has consistently failed to fulfill its own requirements.**

It doesn't have any requirements.

Dr. Mark Bailey clearly disagrees with you there.

So?

First of all, Dr. Mark Bailey has quite a few credentials to his name. From the last page in his "farewell to virology" essay:
Dr Mark Bailey MB ChB, PGDipMSM, MHealSc (Otago)
Is a microbiology, medical industry and health researcher who worked in medical practice, including clinical trials, for two decades.

Source:

Do you have any credentials of this nature?

Secondly, he goes on to explain how virology has failed its own requirements immediately after that first sentence in his Farewell to Virology essay:

It is claimed that viruses cause disease after transmittng between hosts such as humans and yet the scientific evidence for these claims is missing. One of virology’s greatest failures has been the inability to obtain any viral particles directly from the tissues of organisms said to have “viral” diseases. In order to obfuscate this state of affairs, virologists have resorted to creating their own pseudoscientific methods to replace the longstanding scientific method, as well as changing the dictionary meaning of words in order to support their anti-scientific practices. For instance, an “isolated” isolate does not require the physical existence of the particles in order to be afforded “isolation” status.

Repetition fallacy.

You asked me a question, specifically, "So?". I was simply answering your question. There will be times when answering a question will lead to certain things being repeated if the answer to the question entails rehashing material that has already been covered. The only way to avoid these types of repetitions is either for the questioner to not ask questions that necessitate the repetition of certain points or for the answerer to withhold from answering the question either in whole or in part. A case in point is this very post, where I posted a lot of the same quoted material in this post as I did in the last, but this doing so not breaking it up so that the meaning of what I'm trying to say is clearer as a whole.

It is claimed that viruses cause disease after transmitting between hosts such as humans and yet the scientific evidence for these claims is missing.**

No, it isn't. It exists.

Present it then.

No need. It's been presented by others.

Unsubstantiated assertion.

A virus exists by definition.

The term virus exists as a word, certainly. I'm getting at the fact that there is no compelling evidence that biological viruses exists in the real world.

The branch of science called virology consists of many theories about the characteristics of viruses and why they have them. These are falsifiable theories.

I can certainly agree that virology's central tenet, that biological viruses exist, is falsifiable, but in order for that to happen, people have to understand how it can be falsified. I also believe that the signatories of the article referenced in the opening post come up with a good way to ascertain whether biological viruses exist or not.

I don't think any vaccines for either of those were ever brought to market. An NBC News article from 2020 states that scientists were close to a coronavirus vaccines years ago:

Scientists were close to a coronavirus vaccine years ago. Then the money dried up | NBC News

Since I no longer believe that biological viruses exist, I don't pay too much attention to stories like this at this point.
The Sars and Mers vaccine were pulled because too many people in the first test study were dropping dead. That's why they never tested the covid vaccine on humans. The inventor of the mrna vaccine is all over the net saying how dangerous it is. Think of a computer virus, it's not alive but it will mess up your computer. A vaccine has to work the same way as snake bite anti-venom.

The mrna vaccine doesn't do that, it creates proteins that screw with our DNA.

Is that a yes or a no?
RQAA
I never said it was. I mentioned Dr. Mark Bailey's credentials because it speaks to his credibility.
Lie. Paradox. Irrational. Denial of self fallacy. Science is not credentials.
Anyone can deny that anything "denies science". This is why it's important to have credentials of some sort to back up one's claims. Do you have any?
Science is not credentials. Strawman fallacy.
I never said it was. I was asking you if you hadn't any credentials similar to the credentials Dr. Mark Bailey has that would suggest you too are knowledgeable in field of medicine.
Science is not credentials. Knowledge is not credentials.

You asked me a question, specifically, "So?". I was simply answering your question. There will be times when answering a question will lead to certain things being repeated if the answer to the question entails rehashing material that has already been covered. The only way to avoid these types of repetitions is either for the questioner to not ask questions that necessitate the repetition of certain points or for the answerer to withhold from answering the question either in whole or in part. A case in point is this very post, where I posted a lot of the same quoted material in this post as I did in the last, but this doing so not breaking it up so that the meaning of what I'm trying to say is clearer as a whole.

No. You never answered any question, including that one. You immediately went off on some strawman about credentials. Science is not credentials. Attempted proof by credential. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).

I can certainly agree that virology's central tenet, that biological viruses exist, is falsifiable, but in order for that to happen, people have to understand how it can be falsified. I also believe that the signatories of the article referenced in the opening post come up with a good way to ascertain whether biological viruses exist or not.

Argument of the Stone fallacy. Paradox. irrational.

One of virology’s greatest failures has been the inability to obtain any viral particles directly from the tissues of organisms said to have “viral” diseases.

Lie.

Do you have any evidence to support your assertion?

RQAA

Where have you allegedly answered this question before?

See my previous posts.

As is clear from the nested quotes here, I went back quite a ways, only to find out that you started with an unsubstantiated assertion.

Science is not a method or procedure.

Again, that's a straw man argument. Neither I nor Dr. Mark Bailey stated it was. Dr. Mark Bailey referred to the scientific method.

Science is not a method or a procedure.

Again, neither I nor Dr. Mark Bailey made that assertion. Surely you know what a straw man argument is?

Britannica does not define any word.

I'd be surprised if anyone else here would agree with you on that.

Science does not use consensus.

I wasn't referring to science here, I was referring to what people here would agree with in regards to whether or not Britannica defines words.

Agreed, but we're not talking about science here, we're talking about dictionaries and whether or not they define words.

They do not. No dictionary defines any word. That is not their purpose.

Again, I suspect that no one else here would agree with you on that point. I'm also curious to know what you think their purpose is.

I already agreed with you that science is not a practice. As I mentioned before, Dr. Mark Bailey was referring to the anti-scientific practices, not science per se.

Paradox. Irrational.

What do you find paradoxical and/or irrational in what I said above?

Dr. Mark Bailey is speaking english,

Nope.

I suspect it may be best to simply agree to disagree on this point.

Your religion is your religion. You are attempting to prove your religion.

No, I -was- attempting to persuade you that Dr. Mark Bailey was, in fact, speaking english in his essay. At this point, I think it's best to just agree to disagree on that point.

I break down posts and respond to individual arguments.

Agreed. I'm just saying that when you break things down so much, you may lose track of the fact that some sentences need the support of previous sentences to make sense.

Whining about breaking down a response to individual arguments and responding to them is just another strawman.

I was just trying to explain how you apparently missed a point by not seeing the proverbial forest due to focusing so much on the trees.

It is YOU wanting to redefine words.

No, I've been trying to come to an agreement on the definition of words for our discussion, by referring to well known sources of such definitions, such as Wikipedia and dictionaries. I'm beginning to consider the possibility that this may not be possible, due to the fact that you apparently don't even think these sources define words to begin with.

Agreed. It's the name of a disease allegedly caused by the Cov 2 virus. From Wikipedia:

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a contagious disease caused by a virus, the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).

Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19

False authority fallacy. You cannot use Wikipedia as a reference with me.

I can and I have. You can, ofcourse, reject the definitions they use, but you'll at least know that I'll be using these definitions.

Why do you believe that the article that my journalist friend co wrote denies science?

Yes. RQAA.

First of all, my question wasn't a yes or no question. Secondly, it seems that you're just using "RQAA" as a way of avoiding actually answering various questions I've been asking you.

Similarly, there is evidence that there is a correlation between EMFs and the flu,

None.

Unsubstantiated assertion.

Negative proof fallacy. I do not have to substantiate a negative. YOU have to provide the evidence.

Neither of us has to provide any evidence for anything. We're in an online forum, not a court of law. I was just pointing out that you made an unsubstantiated assertion. As to providing evidence for my own point of view, I did, back in post #342. Quoting from it:

Similarly, there is evidence that there is a correlation between EMFs and the flu, but I don't know of any studies conducted to specifically test for a correlation. I did read a good book suggesting the connection however, this one:

The Invisible Rainbow: A History of Electricity and Life | Amazon.com

Correlation is not causation.

Agreed, but it can certainly suggest causation.

Correlation is not causation.

I already agreed with you there. It seems that on some of my points, you're not really listening to what I'm saying.

EMF does not cause any disease.

There's actually a fair amount of evidence that it does.

Paradox. Irrational. Which is it, dude? You cannot argue both sides of a paradox.

You lost me at your assertion that there's a paradox. What exactly do you find paradoxical about what I said above?

Children's Health Defense has an article listing the evidence that EMFs can and have caused significant health impacts in people here:

Electromagnetic Radiation & Wireless - Health Impacts | Children's Health Defense

False authority fallacy.

I did an internet search for false authority fallacy, came up with the following article that I think gives the gist of what you're trying to convey here:

False Authority: When People Rely on the Wrong Experts | effectiviology.com

Here's the introduction to the article:
A false authority is someone whose supposed authority in a certain domain is substantially flawed, generally because their credentials or expertise are irrelevant, dubious, insufficient, or missing entirely. For example, an actor who promotes a medical product despite having no medical training can be considered a false authority, because they lack relevant credentials or expertise with regard to the product that they’re promoting.

Based on this article, my guess is that you think that Children's Health Defense doesn't have the relevant expertise. Is that your claim? If so, do you have any evidence to support your claim?

Back