Shocking video of NY Democrats sitting through the Pledge of Allegiance

I noticed in high school that as soon as we started becoming politically aware, the conservatives all chose to stand and the liberals all chose to sit. To me, its a simple profile in character and nothing to obsess over the way the author of this thread did.

Honestly, though, liberals, WTF is so fucking difficult about standing the fuck up and fucking saying the fucking Pledge of Allegiance? FUCK!

Honestly, though, liberals, WTF is so fucking difficult about standing the fuck up and fucking saying the fucking Pledge of Allegiance? FUCK!

They'd maybe point out that it's not worth the effort to stand up and say some stuff to a flag when they're already quite happy having a nice sit down?

I noticed in high school that as soon as we started becoming politically aware, the conservatives all chose to stand and the liberals all chose to sit. To me, its a simple profile in character and nothing to obsess over the way the author of this thread did.

I'd say WTF is this country so effing insecure that people are asked to stand with their hands on their HEARTS and make an effing PLEDGE to a flag? It's an effing nationalistic ritual loyalty oath and hard-right conservatives love to heap invective on those who refuse to participate, casting aspersions on their "lack of patriotism". MERDE! :)

Because it is JUST A FUCKING FLAG! I have no problem taking an oath promising to protect and defend the constitution, but I will not talk to a piece of cloth. I stand sometimes, but I don't talk or sing to a flag and it has zero to do with patriotism. I stood and took my oath to the constitution in the Army and don't need to do the same to a flag, a piece of cloth. And this outrage or shock by the right is pure senseless bullshit.

I'd say WTF is this country so effing insecure that people are asked to stand with their hands on their HEARTS and make an effing PLEDGE to a flag? It's an effing nationalistic ritual loyalty oath and hard-right conservatives love to heap invective on those who refuse to participate, casting aspersions on their "lack of patriotism". MERDE! :)

Its a choice, not a requirement, but if you refuse to make the choice, I am going to notice, and probably say to myself, "typical liberal, why am I not surprised."

At least Watermark is the one liberal here who is being honest...

Standing, hand over hear and recite the pledge should be a 3X daily thing like praying to Mecca.
We need a law and pledge cops to enforce this.

Try telling that to the Military.

Its really a rather simple concept: Liberals hate America.

Once you pledge your allegiance to something once...doesn't that cover it?

How good is your word, really, if you have to keep repeating that pledge over & over again?

How good is your word, really, if you have to keep repeating that pledge over & over again?

What you're forgetting is that all flags have notoriously poor short term memories so require pledges to be repeated on a regular basis, otherwise they can get very upset.

Didn't they agree that they would pledge daily? It seems that honoring your commitments even when you're having a tantrum would be the honorable thing to do. *shrug*

Okay, I've gotta come clean: the shrug really bothers me.

Like, it REALLY bothers me.

Unless it's an autistic thing, like "time for Wapner"...if that's the case, then carry on...

Back