Shooting Guns

LOL, that's hilarious! :p :readit:
hahahaha, yeah, my husband thought I was looney toon too, but he had watched the nature show with me the night before and he knew there was no shutting me up so he just giggled every once in a while after listening to some of my more personal conversations with Mr. Bear"

But heh! I saw the experienced mountain hiker on this nature show have conversations himself with Mr. Bear, making sure he did not surprise one so....I didn't care what anyone thought! lol

Yep, we have rattlesnakes, water moccasins and copperheads, with a very few reports of coral snakes in the extreme southern part of the state. You would about have to step on a rattlesnake or copperhead for it to bite you and death by a copperhead bite is extremely, extremely rare (I have only heard of one case) but the cover in most wooded areas is dense and there always remains a possibility of stepping on a poisenous snake so I do watch for them. It becomes a habit when you're in the woods this time of year.

Man, that's one thing I hated about the south - all the varieties of poisonous snakes.

Rattlesnakes don't freak me out. They're lazy and lethargic. Not aggresive at all.

But I can remember those water moccasins, or copperheads (whatever they were) swimming aggresively right for my canoe, and dropping out of the limbs of trees almost landing in my canoe.

You have to watch for those little white killer bunnies Care. Remember the Quest for the Holy Grail ?
I will bet you don't have a holy handgrenade of Antioch lying around either ?

Care.... you are no fun... won't let the coyote eat the cat, won't let the cat eat the mouse... why do you hate nature so much? ;)

My whole life I had only had and loved dogs as pets, then my sister gave this stray cat that she rescued to us and I am hooked.....she's the best dog I ever had!!!!

I don't want her eating these mice!!!!!!!! yuk!!!!! She has never eaten one that I have witnessed either....she brings them home to show "mommy and daddy" but then she releases them, if I tell her that she is a GOOD GIRL bringing home her share of the "din Din"..... She also likes catching them and letting them go and then recatching them, the true "cat and mouse" thingy and would go on forever if I didn't catch her at it and bring her inside....it is pure torture on the mouse.... :(

hahahaha, yeah, my husband thought I was looney toon too, but he had watched the nature show with me the night before and he knew there was no shutting me up so he just giggled every once in a while after listening to some of my more personal conversations with Mr. Bear"

But heh! I saw the experienced mountain hiker on this nature show have conversations himself with Mr. Bear, making sure he did not surprise one so....I didn't care what anyone thought! lol

Please don't tell me you're talking about Grizzlyman :rolleyes: .............

Man, that's one thing I hated about the south - all the varieties of poisonous snakes.

Rattlesnakes don't freak me out. They're lazy and lethargic. Not aggresive at all.

But I can remember those water moccasins, or copperheads (whatever they were) swimming aggresively right for my canoe, and dropping out of the limbs of trees almost landing in my canoe.

Most likely what was swimming in the water were cottonmouths (water moccasins) and they are definetly aggressive. The copper colored snakes swimming in the water are usually just water snakes and aren't poinenous. We catch them and throw them at one another when we are float fishing. Load of fun.:)

I say "usually" on the copper colored snakes in the water because copperheads will avoid water when they can and you won't "usually" find them swimming in the creek of their own volition.

Care, yes I had never had cats either, but a stray had kittens in one of my sheds and then got killed ? dissappeared anyway, so one day these little furry headed critters came out telling me they were hungry. I took pity on them and they became my friends.....
I had them all "fixed" and vaccinated, etc.
A few weeks ago the friendliest one dissappeared, I sure do miss him...
They follow me around like puppies and come when I call them by name....
They do not even wander far and keep me company in my workshop...

They are still very much cats though.

Still not a cat nut, but I love my furry little buddies.

The wife has a pure D ol' house cat she brought with her from Nashville when we got married. I had to get used to having a cat in the house instead of outside. It's not been bad. And yes, when she's gone, I'll miss her.....the cat that is.;)

That is Ok Gawd. I would not want my cats to spend eternity with Jerry Falwell anyway ;)
I just can't be that cruel.

Sorry US... but I am most certainly NOT allowing that Falwell asshole up here either. So your cats will just have to burn along side that fat bastard.

Well Falwell not being there does make heaven more attractive. However heaven without my little furry buddies of all types would not be heaven so you can keep it. My friends burn I burn with them.

Well Falwell not being there does make heaven more attractive. However heaven without my little furry buddies of all types would not be heaven so you can keep it. My friends burn I burn with them.
Fallwell has a special lifetime saved for him as a butch lesbian midget, his rebirth is going to be very eventful.

"Fallwell has a special lifetime saved for him as a butch lesbian midget, his rebirth is going to be very eventful."

Hmmm... I think my fat lil buddy has a good plan. You have my permission lard ass... you get Falwell.

"Fallwell has a special lifetime saved for him as a butch lesbian midget, his rebirth is going to be very eventful."

Hmmm... I think my fat lil buddy has a good plan. You have my permission lard ass... you get Falwell.

damn are you guys insensitive to butch lesbian midgets.

they would never let fallwell be reborn into their ranks.

Most states allow shooting outside city limits with exceptions for on highways, in parks and the like.

If people follow the basic safety rules for shooting its not a very dangerous sport.

Also, having neighbors who own guns and shoot (provided they are safe shooters) probably makes you safer than without those neighbors.

When I lived in Florida, the neighborhood loved this one old codger. He rode out a hurricane and then put up signs that said "Looters will be shot". This little neighborhood had no looters, while there were quite a few problems with looters in the surrounding areas.

As for pest control, you can buy rat shot in most handgun calibers. It doesn't work that well in a semi-auto, but a revolver with rat shot will send most animals running in high gear.

Back