Should a new rule be proposed banning the use of racial slurs?

• Total voters
A thousand times, I'd say yes. Take away that, and the Stormfronters have little left for their racist rants. They'd have to get creative, and I just don't see them reaching those levels. It's not my place though, but I see them being just as bad as what falls under 12b.

Some here couldn't survive if they weren't allowed to show their racism.

Plenty of people manage to survive here without calling other posters pedophiles. If that prohibition can be enforced, so can others.

I imagine that a sliding scale of punishment could be put in place by the Moderation team for people who use specific racial slurs.

For example, a ban of 1 week could be imposed for a first offense, 2 weeks for a second, and so on.

Plenty of people manage to survive here without calling other posters pedophiles. If that prohibition can be enforced, so can others.

I imagine that a sliding scale of punishment could be put in place by the Moderation team for people who use specific racial slurs.

For example, a ban of 1 week could be imposed for a first offense, 2 weeks for a second, and so on.

Frankly I prefer things the way they are now. It makes it so easy to figure out who to ignore right off the bat. Does this subject mean something special to you? I am just trying to understand why it's important.

Frankly I prefer things the way they are now. It makes it so easy to figure out who to ignore right off the bat. Does this subject mean something special to you? I am just trying to understand why it's important.

I abhor racist slurs.

I respect your opinion.

This is a fine line for a forum that is known for the having the most freedom of speech. Racial slurs and racism are not very welcome from either side of the aisle, but they are in fact relevant to politics.

This is a fine line for a forum that is known for the having the most freedom of speech. Racial slurs and racism are not very welcome from either side of the aisle, but they are in fact relevant to politics.

I respect your opinion.

You may not know this, but using racial slurs is already prohibited by Rule 15 if such slurs are used in a thread title or user name.

15. No posting racial slurs of any kind in thread titles, it will result in the title being changed and may result in a ban for repeat offenders.

I am gauging interest in extending that rule to include post content, with a specific list of prohibited terms.

The use of slurs implying or stating that other posters are pedophiles is already a bannable offense, and the determination of what constitutes an "implication" is somewhat subjective.

What I am soliciting opinions on is different. I would like to know if the forum members would support a very specific, objective list of racial slurs. There would be complete objectivity. Either someone used one the the listed slurs or they didn't.

Back