Show Your Support: FOR or AGAINST the $700 Billion Bailout?

FOR or AGAINST $700 Billion Bailout?

• Total voters
There is 192 million dollars in tax breaks for the makers of fucking RUM! There is a six million dollar tax break for the makers of toy wooden arrows! I am suprised there is not a free nights activities at the bunny ranch in Nevada, at least that way one american could have gotten fucked in a good way!

Yes it has turdness about it.

It also was a time for action and the American government had to do something to calm the market and assure lenders so they would lend again.

There is 192 million dollars in tax breaks for the makers of fucking RUM! There is a six million dollar tax break for the makers of toy wooden arrows! I am suprised there is not a free nights activities at the bunny ranch in Nevada, at least that way one american could have gotten fucked in a good way!

That is what REALLY pisses me off. They scream that this is an emergency and that we NEED to do this to save our economy. Then they shovel the pork, the earmarks and the bullshit onto the bill.

Well, I really like rum. A lot. And tequila. I would say that rum, tequila, and vodka are my three favorites.

I have no problem with rum or tequila. (not much of a vodka drinker)

I would be happy to spend more on rum & tequila (although Patron is high enough) instead of adding bullshit to the bill.

There is 192 million dollars in tax breaks for the makers of f^% RUM! There is a six million dollar tax break for the makers of toy wooden arrows! I am suprised there is not a free nights activities at the bunny ranch in Nevada, at least that way one american could have gotten **& in a good way!

Wow.

I didn't know about those. Well, at least when the $hit hits the fan next year, I'll be able to sit back and say that I didn't support it, as I wait in the soup line.

Wow.

I didn't know about those. Well, at least when the $hit hits the fan next year, I'll be able to sit back and say that I didn't support it, as I wait in the soup line.

Maybe they will offer you a shot of rum with the soup?

That is what REALLY pisses me off. They scream that this is an emergency and that we NEED to do this to save our economy. Then they shovel the pork, the earmarks and the bullshit onto the bill.

To get the votes of reps and senators who were affraid to vote for it because no one ever bothered to get the American people behind it.

To get the votes of reps and senators who were affraid to vote for it because no one ever bothered to get the American people behind it.

The American people know its shit.... So thats why they arent for it....

But Desh seems to love what the career politicians are showing her....

Desh has got to be the dumbest democrat in the USA...

CK

The only way they could have gotten most of us behind this is at the point of a gun.

Isnt it funny.... the 2 people that are FOR the bailout are 2 people who directly benefit from it....

Desh because apparently she owns and rents out several apartments/housing....

And Chapdog who apparently plays the market like a millionaire stock trader....

Well apparently they want to sell out everybody else to benefit themselves....

CK

my dad is a super hyper neo-con michael savage conservative and he's for the bailout. it's weird where different people are falling on this issue.

my dad is a super hyper neo-con michael savage conservative and he's for the bailout. it's weird where different people are falling on this issue.

I agree. It seems this issue is split in ways that defy party lines.

At least that is refreshing.

The American people know its shit.... So thats why they arent for it....

But Desh seems to love what the career politicians are showing her....

Desh has got to be the dumbest democrat in the USA...

CK

QF fucking T
Desh thought the economy was about to tank, and now it's suddenly all better. LMAO.

Hey desh, you better stop whining about the deficit

Isnt it funny.... the 2 people that are FOR the bailout are 2 people who directly benefit from it....

Desh because apparently she owns and rents out several apartments/housing....

And Chapdog who apparently plays the market like a millionaire stock trader....

Well apparently they want to sell out everybody else to benefit themselves....

CK

nobody is for it. but whats the alternative? do nothing and lose 8T in market cap? spend 1T bailing out important banks? watch companies flatline because cant get any capital to expand? Watch jobs shrink because of cutback?

nobody is for it. but whats the alternative? do nothing and lose 8T in market cap? spend 1T bailing out important banks? watch companies flatline because cant get any capital to expand? Watch jobs shrink because of cutback?
What's the alternative???
The whole problem is a mountain of bad loans brought on by a shitload of government involvement from backing bad loans to the CRA, to encouraging low interest rates forever, how are you going to fix that? Certainly not with more government.

"No matter how disastrously some policy has turned out, anyone who criticizes it can expect to hear: "But what would you replace it with?" When you put out a fire, what do you replace it with?" – Thomas Sowell

Lets get everybody on the record...

As Watermark aka emogeek was saying that it was the extremists on both sides that didnt want the bailout and that the moderates want the bailout....

Well lets see it.... How would you vote?

CK

CanadianKid, Damocles, Epicurus, Grind, KingCondanomation, leaningright, Obfuscate, RStringfield, Sir Galahad, Socrtease, Threedee, tinfoil, Topspin, uscitizen

You got all the normal people right there!

What's the alternative???
The whole problem is a mountain of bad loans brought on by a shitload of government involvement from backing bad loans to the CRA, to encouraging low interest rates forever, how are you going to fix that? Certainly not with more government.

"No matter how disastrously some policy has turned out, anyone who criticizes it can expect to hear: "But what would you replace it with?" When you put out a fire, what do you replace it with?" – Thomas Sowell

Dano's alternative: punish the entire US for the actions of a few.

Dano's alternative: punish the entire US for the actions of a few.

Are you trying to demonstrate how backwards the left's thinking is on this? If you think this bailout is going to spare the average guy of any pain then you are an idiot. It will spare some at the top at the expense of everyone else.

Are you trying to demonstrate how backwards the left's thinking is on this? If you think this bailout is going to spare the average guy of any pain then you are an idiot. It will spare some at the top at the expense of everyone else.

Man you have to wonder about this watertard. Everything he says is either a cliche or just totally wrong. I mean really, WTF? the kid is fucking retarded

Back