Smoking bans, lead to increased drunk-driving accidents, fatalities

In the Beginning there were worms and the worms needed food. And the spirit of Worm moved upon the face of the deep and said, "Let there be food" and humans were created and Worm saw that it was good, and Worm ate and Worm said, "Do this often..."

;)

You are a very dishonest debator.
All I did was repeat your argument "beating your wife is already illegal, therefore alcohol is ok".

And on this thread you sound like you work for Philip Morris.
Maybe I do, maybe I don't. I do believe in freedom, though.

knock yourself out trying to kill people.
Did I ever tell anyone to smoke? No. I'm just not a hypocrite who supports drinking but shuns smoking.

I’m glad the law says you can’t smoke in MY face.
Since I don't smoke, it was a non-issue.

Dude you posted the report!
Does that mean I wrote it?

No. I didn't live with my neighbors when I resided in an apartment. I had no control over what they do in their units. If they smoked, the smoke entered my apartment, I was SOL.
Hence my "shared ventilation" comment. Shared ventilation with smokers AT HOME is just as good as living with them, because you are getting that constant (note: constant) source of smoke.

Great then we agree: there is no safe level of second hand smoke, the effects are immediate and if you live with or work with smokers (in bars, restaurants, etc) your chances of cancer increase substantially.
You are correct: there is no safe level of second hand smoke. If you live or work with smokers (as they smoke), your chances increase substantially.

However, there is (again) no safe level of auto pollutants. We should ban cars immediately.

How have I lied about anything?

AT said:
It wasn't arbitrary. I don't know if that report was written in the 1950s or not

yeah. the 1950s. when cigarrette companies were lying to people about the effects of smoking. FYI, the report YOU posted said, "(updated September 2006)"

AT on Secondhandsmoke said:
Because they don't affect anyone and they aren't dangerous.

Not to mention you made up, "live with" as in implication on the CDC report.

yeah. the 1950s. when cigarrette companies were lying to people about the effects of smoking. FYI, the report YOU posted said, "(updated September 2006)"
I will one day discuss with you the concept of a joke, but that would be off-topic here.

Not to mention you made up, "live with" as in implication on the CDC report.

Ok, you tell me what "Nonsmokers who are exposed to smokers at home" means, if not living with them.

I will one day discuss with you the concept of a joke, but that would be off-topic here.

Translation: I've lost this argument horribly, so I'm going to try to hide under the guises of a joke and abstract thinking (in reference to cancer statistics).

Ok, you tell me what "Nonsmokers who are exposed to smokers at home" means, if not living with them.

Again, in common living quarters such as condos or apartments people are allowed to smoke in their units, it doesn't mean that they live with them or have any control or decision in what other people do in their units. I.e. exposed at home.

Translation: I've lost this argument horribly, so I'm going to try to hide under the guises of a joke and abstract thinking (in reference to cancer statistics).

Really? Is it really that hard to understand that a reference to the 1950s (when everyone smoked in the workplace) was a joke?

Again, in common living quarters such as condos or apartments people are allowed to smoke in their units, it doesn't mean that they live with them or have any control or decision in what other people do in their units. I.e. exposed at home.

Again, if you share ventilation, that is as good as living.

Back