Smoking bans, lead to increased drunk-driving accidents, fatalities

Then you'd be making an @$$ out of yourself.

Why would I want more carcinogens added to my environment? Are you saying we shouldn't try to limit certain carcinogens because there are others in our environment too?
No, he's saying your vice does add to the danger he lives with daily because he chose to be alive rather than feed the worms as is his destiny.

We are all just food for worms who are made in Worm's image.

Then you'd be making an @$$ out of yourself.

Why would I want more carcinogens added to my environment? Are you saying we shouldn't try to limit certain carcinogens because there are others in our environment too?

I don't know, do you fill gasoline in private or in public? Because your gas-using habit releases carcinogens into the atmosphere if you fill in public.

Regardless of how many people drink and drive, 77,000 die a year from alcohol.

You only used cancer in your figures for smoking…considering how many people die from heart attack and stroke every year, and the direct link made to smoking, the cancer deaths are far from a representative number for smoking deaths.

"Nonsmokers who are exposed to secondhand smoke at home"-- sounds a lot like people who LIVE WITH SMOKERS to me.

Unless you just randomly invite smokers into your home.

First, you ARBITRARILY LEFT OFF "work" - nice attempt to avoid that topic.

Secondly, if you live in the same appartment complex as a smoker you can be exposed, and you don't "live" with them.

Thirdly, the site does not limit the dangers of second hand smoke to those who "Live with smokers". You're pulling that out of your a$$.

Abstractly speaking.

You only used cancer in your figures for smoking…considering how many people die from heart attack and stroke every year, and the direct link made to smoking, the cancer deaths are far from a representative number for smoking deaths.

No, I didn't. I used what the CDC said (that smoking deaths per year are 6 times as many as alcohol deaths). They also mentioned that younger people die from alcohol deaths, because (according to cancer.org) the average age of lung cancer onset is 70.

You should add "responsibly" to this.

The act of drinking causes far more problems socially than the act of smoking ever will. Far more kids are beaten, wifes slapped, arguments started, guns "accidentally" gone off because of the actions of those who just "had a few".

The implications of far-reaching damage is far higher among those who drink heavily than those who only smoke heavily.

That’s true. That does not mean that society has to be forced to accept exposure to smoke. One does not follow the other.

Also, society has already made going home and slapping your wife illegal.

First, you ARBITRARILY LEFT OFF "work" - nice attempt to avoid that topic.
It wasn't arbitrary. I don't know if that report was written in the 1950s or not, but since most places no longer allow indoor smoking I was assuming that was a non-issue. We can discuss it if you want.

Secondly, if you live in the same appartment complex as a smoker you can be exposed, and you don't "live" with them.
Being exposed by neighbors would be roughly equivalent to living with them, don't you think? If everyone uses the same ventilation, that is.

Thirdly, the site does not limit the dangers of second hand smoke to those who "Live with smokers". You're pulling that out of your a$$.
I never said it did. It does limit the actual figures to people who live with smokers, however. While they say that your risk of cancer increases 30 percent if you are exposed "at home [or work]", they never specify what the risk is for random environmental exposure. They don't specify because it isn't a scary number, or because they don't know it.

Abstractly speaking.

That’s true. That does not mean that society has to be forced to accept exposure to smoke. One does not follow the other.

Also, society has already made going home and slapping your wife illegal.
That doesn't change that my original statement that far more negative has visited me and my family from drinking than smoking ever caused is very true.

Drinking causes far more damage to our lives in much longer-reaching capacities causing illegalities far heavier than dosing your nostrils with offensive effluvia. Yet we continue to allow the commercials on TV, watch as they promote this crap to our kids using sex availability as the draw.

It's sad what we'll put up with to save our nostrils from passing by a smoker but will allow into our homes in support of something that causes so much more damage.

Vehicle exaust is a carcenogin and has been proven to cause stunted lungs in children living in high traffic areas. Ban cars.

Do you have a link to those recent studies?

No. I read about them in the Science times about a year ago. I am telling it to Damo to warn him, because I know he was trying to quit and don’t want him to believe that a few a day won’t hurt him

I’m not posting it to win some stupid argument you are having, and frankly if you are a non-smoker you are a freaking retard mister. You are on here posting false information ( did you ever hear of a fucking heart attack) to young kids like Water. And for what? To be a stupid ornery bastard. Because you are “apathetic”.
Let me put it more bluntly: I don’t give a rat’s ass if you believe it or not.

No. I read about them in the Science times about a year ago. I am telling it to Damo to warn him, because I know he was trying to quit and don’t want him to believe that a few a day won’t hurt him
You poor thing, you misunderstood. I like to read things (and I also like to evaluate my beliefs as new evidence is shown), so I was legitimately asking for a source. If you ever find what issue it is, let me know.

I’m not posting it to win some stupid argument you are having, and frankly if you are a non-smoker you are a freaking retard mister.
I am retarded because I respect the rights of others?

You are on here posting false information ( did you ever hear of a fucking heart attack) to young kids like Water.
What false information? I am going only by what the CDC said-- if they are not being accurate, take it up with them.

And for what? To be a stupid ornery bastard. Because you are “apathetic”.
Again, you twist what I said. Apathetic to the two political parties, not to life. If you cannot debate honestly, just leave me alone.

Let me put it more bluntly: I don’t give a rat’s ass if you believe it or not.
Let me put it more bluntly: you don't have to be nasty just because my post wasn't filled with your praises. Sometimes people agree, sometimes people disagree, and sometimes people just ask a question. Stop pushing your negative vibes on me.

Well if outlawing the result is better than outlawing the cause, our problem is solved.

We will just make lung cancer illegal, and allow smoking to continue.

You are a very dishonest debator.

And on this thread you sound like you work for Philip Morris.
knock yourself out trying to kill people. I’m glad the law says you can’t smoke in MY face.

It wasn't arbitrary. I don't know if that report was written in the 1950s or not, but since most places no longer allow indoor smoking I was assuming that was a non-issue. We can discuss it if you want.

Dude you posted the report!

Being exposed by neighbors would be roughly equivalent to living with them, don't you think? If everyone uses the same ventilation, that is.

No. I didn't live with my neighbors when I resided in an apartment. I had no control over what they do in their units. If they smoked, the smoke entered my apartment, I was SOL.

I never said it did. It does limit the actual figures to people who live with smokers, however. While they say that your risk of cancer increases 30 percent if you are exposed "at home [or work]", they never specify what the risk is for random environmental exposure. They don't specify because it isn't a scary number, or because they don't know it.
Abstractly speaking.

Great then we agree: there is no safe level of second hand smoke, the effects are immediate and if you live with or work with smokers (in bars, restaurants, etc) your chances of cancer increase substantially.

You poor thing, you misunderstood. I like to read things (and I also like to evaluate my beliefs as new evidence is shown), so I was legitimately asking for a source. If you ever find what issue it is, let me know.

I am retarded because I respect the rights of others?

What false information? I am going only by what the CDC said-- if they are not being accurate, take it up with them.

Again, you twist what I said. Apathetic to the two political parties, not to life. If you cannot debate honestly, just leave me alone.

Let me put it more bluntly: you don't have to be nasty just because my post wasn't filled with your praises. Sometimes people agree, sometimes people disagree, and sometimes people just ask a question. Stop pushing your negative vibes on me.

You're a liar. That's as honest as I can get.

Back