Smoking bans, lead to increased drunk-driving accidents, fatalities

Of course you aren't supposed to fucking drink and drive! That's common sense!

Whenever the average person drinks 5 beers in quick succession, they rarely go on a drive. And the average person doesn't drink 5 beers in quick succession every fucking day.

Regardless of how many people drink and drive, 77,000 die a year from alcohol.

EVERY smoker is a nicotine addict, only a small percentage of drinkers are alcoholics. That's the big ^%$ difference you turn a blind eye too. I'm the reverse of you guys, I'm seeing people die all around me from cigarettes and I've never known a family member die of alcohol. So there's some anecdotal evidence to counter your stupid worthless anecdotal evidence.

And anyway, ending alcoholism could only possible kill you if you did it alone without any sort of treatment.

Furthermore the act of drinking doesn't infringe on anyone elses space or health. Its your actions when you drink that can hurt people. That's the main reason cigarettes are banned in a lot of places.

If people really need a nicotine fix that badly start chewing tobacco then. No one else is subjected to any health risks associated with chewing tobacco.

EVERY smoker is a nicotine addict, only a small percentage of drinkers are alcoholics. That's the big fucking difference you turn a blind eye too. I'm the reverse of you guys, I'm seeing people die all around me from cigarettes and I've never known a family member die of alcohol. So there's some anecdotal evidence to counter your stupid worthless anecdotal evidence.

And anyway, ending alcoholism could only possible kill you if you did it alone without any sort of treatment.
Not all smokers are nicotine addicts. This is preposterous. There are social smokers just as there are social drinkers.

500,000 irrelevant souls die a year from smoking. Are you a smoker trying to legitimize his habit by minimizing the dangers of smoking and plumping up the dangers of other drugs, or something?

I'm a non-smoker. We already addressed the difference between alcohol deaths and smoking deaths. Alcohol deaths kill the young more, where smoking deaths have an average onset of 70.

Furthermore the act of drinking doesn't infringe on anyone elses space or health. Its your actions when you drink that can hurt people. That's the main reason cigarettes are banned in a lot of places.

If people really need a nicotine fix that badly start chewing tobacco then. No one else is subjected to any health risks associated with chewing tobacco.
You should add "responsibly" to this.

The act of drinking causes far more problems socially than the act of smoking ever will. Far more kids are beaten, wifes slapped, arguments started, guns "accidentally" gone off because of the actions of those who just "had a few".

The implications of far-reaching damage is far higher among those who drink heavily than those who only smoke heavily.

Second hand smoking would affect your health if you lived in a bubble constantly being pumped with second hand smoke. The two seconds you are exposed to it while walking through a door way or the hour you are subjected to a whiff or two while eating at a restaurant with a smoking section will not give you cancer.

There are social heroin-ers just like there are social drinkers.
Inane. There are people who smoke socially when they go out with friends but at no other time.

I'm sure there are a few with heroine too, but far less than there are partaking of the legal product.

You should add "responsibly" to this.

The act of drinking causes far more problems socially than the act of smoking ever will. Far more kids are beaten, wifes slapped, arguments started, guns "accidentally" gone off because of the actions of those who just "had a few".

The implications of far-reaching damage is far higher among those who drink heavily than those who only smoke heavily.

Got to add pregnancies to this list. Oh, and suicides. I suppose there are more we could list but this is a good start.

Second hand smoking would affect your health if you lived in a bubble constantly being pumped with second hand smoke. The two seconds you are exposed to it while walking through a door way or the hour you are subjected to a whiff or two while eating at a restaurant with a smoking section will not give you cancer.

Link.

Wow. I guess there are a lot of people living in bubbles with second hand smoke being pumped into them:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Tobacco/ETS#q4

Does exposure to secondhand smoke cause cancer?
Yes. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the U.S. National Toxicology Program (NTP), the U.S. Surgeon General, and the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) have classified secondhand smoke as a known human carcinogen (cancer-causing agent) (1, 3, 5).

Inhaling secondhand smoke causes lung cancer in nonsmoking adults (4). Approximately 3,000 lung cancer deaths occur each year among adult nonsmokers in the United States as a result of exposure to secondhand smoke (2). The Surgeon General estimates that living with a smoker increases a nonsmoker’s chances of developing lung cancer by 20 to 30 percent (4).

Some research suggests that secondhand smoke may increase the risk of breast cancer, nasal sinus cavity cancer, and nasopharyngeal cancer in adults, and leukemia, lymphoma, and brain tumors in children (4). Additional research is needed to learn whether a link exists between secondhand smoke exposure and these cancers.

Additionally, its not just cancer that concerns people. There are a host of other ailments and complications that arise out of other people smoking.

"Nonsmokers who are exposed to secondhand smoke at home or work increase their heart disease risk by 25–30% and their lung cancer risk by 20–30%."

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/Factsheets/SecondhandSmoke.htm

Yes, in theory it can cause cancer. 3000 people die every year from it. But you basically have to live with a smoker-- and even then your chance of getting lung cancer goes from almost nothing to 30 percent. That means one in three nonsmokers that LIVE with smokers will get cancer at some point.

"Nonsmokers who are exposed to secondhand smoke at home or work increase their heart disease risk by 25–30% and their lung cancer risk by 20–30%."

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/Factsheets/SecondhandSmoke.htm

Yes, in theory it can cause cancer. 3000 people die every year from it. But you basically have to live with a smoker-- and even then your chance of getting lung cancer goes from almost nothing to 30 percent. That means one in three nonsmokers that LIVE with smokers will get cancer at some point.

hahahaha

From YOUR LINK:

"There is no risk-free level of secondhand smoke exposure. Even brief exposure can be dangerous.2 "

Try again.

Back