Smoking bans, lead to increased drunk-driving accidents, fatalities

Got my grandma at 96. I will agree with Damo here. Drinking has by far had a more negative affect on those closest to me than smoking has.

You're family member is VERY lucky if smoking killed them only at 84.
And this means?

Even if it was 74 or 64 the damage from drinking is still far more real than that done by smoking.

And they aren't all that "lucky". It is only about 1/3 of the people who die all that early from it, and it doesn't matter what they die of cigarettes are pretty much blamed.

Drink safely, you won't die. There's no way to smoke safely.
Sure there is. Three or less a day is considered "non-smoking" by most insurance companies. It sounds like you fell for the propaganda hook, line, and sinker. When they pull that hook out they'll be able to tell what you had for lunch.

Drink safely, you won't die. There's no way to smoke safely.

If you smoke a pack a day (20 cigarettes), statistically you won't get cancer until around 70, and if you catch it early enough you have a 95 percent chance of living to be 75. 75 used to be (maybe it still is) the average life expectancy.

If you drink 20 beers a day, I doubt you will live that long.

I'm not sure I know a smoker who smokes less than a pack a day. Cigarettes are far more addictive than alcohol and once you start it's impossible to control it and as difficult as heroin to quit.

If you smoke a pack a day (20 cigarettes), statistically you won't get cancer until around 70, and if you catch it early enough you have a 95 percent chance of living to be 75. 75 used to be (maybe it still is) the average life expectancy.

If you drink 20 beers a day, I doubt you will live that long.

Yeah, compare 1 beer to 1 cigarette, that makes a whole lot of fucking sense.

Of course that would be added to the statistics.

Of course that would be added? It implies they died because of cigarettes, when in fact they died from a house fire. I'm not saying this situation makes up even a large percentage of the numbers, but it does show how smoking is demonized even though alcohol is much worse.

I'm not sure I know a smoker who smokes less than a pack a day. Cigarettes are far more addictive than alcohol and once you start it's impossible to control it and as difficult as heroin to quit.
It is tough, but it won't kill you like alcohol addiction when you quit.

It is tough, but it won't kill you like alcohol addiction when you quit.

EVERY smoker is a nicotine addict, only a small percentage of drinkers are alcoholics. That's the big fucking difference you turn a blind eye too. I'm the reverse of you guys, I'm seeing people die all around me from cigarettes and I've never known a family member die of alcohol. So there's some anecdotal evidence to counter your stupid worthless anecdotal evidence.

And anyway, ending alcoholism could only possible kill you if you did it alone without any sort of treatment.

If I consume 5 beers quickly and go driving I am putting far more people in danger than if I smoke 5 cigarettes in quick succession then drive.

Of course you aren't supposed to fucking drink and drive! That's common sense!

Whenever the average person drinks 5 beers in quick succession, they rarely go on a drive. And the average person doesn't drink 5 beers in quick succession every fucking day.

Back