So... The new mod... Yes or no?

To Limit New Threads Or Not To Limit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
I don't like limiting posts. But ignore my preference, you are the user. Tell me what you think of limiting the number of new threads from any one member?

Think how you would feel if you were the one being limited, think of the content of the "flooding" you talk about, is it political? Etc.

A real honest answer is what I'll be looking for, not some junk about Big Money, what you actually think about limiting people like this.

Poll will close after one week. Please vote above.

D

I understand where you are coming from and I know it seems like it is being targeted to one person, but you have to ask yourself is he really trying to start discussion or is he trying to clutter up the boards? I know it is hard to discern motives, but many of the threads don't even have commentary. They are some provocative title and a link to a story (which by the way is a violation of the rules but not enforced and I am guilty of it myself). My point is that if we are really going to discuss politics then shouldn't we at least apply some thought to what we post?

To be honest, the constant posting of threads doesn't bother me as much as Desh's constant crap flooding. That just jacks up a thread.

I don't like limiting posts. But ignore my preference, you are the user. Tell me what you think of limiting the number of new threads from any one member?

Think how you would feel if you were the one being limited, think of the content of the "flooding" you talk about, is it political? Etc.

A real honest answer is what I'll be looking for, not some junk about Big Money, what you actually think about limiting people like this.

Poll will close after one week. Please vote above.

D

I voted yes and I don't really see why Legion or Desh should even have a vote considering that it is mostly about them.

I don't see what difference it makes if one person posts 15 threads per day or if 15 people post one thread each per day, so maybe someone can 'splain it to me.

I don't see what difference it makes if one person posts 15 threads per day or if 15 people post one thread each per day, so maybe someone can 'splain it to me.

It is to stop trolls like BM starting loads of stupid threads. Do you remember how Goem used to change the subject titles and mess up all the threads? He obviously had some kind of script to do that well Legion is the Goem of JPP, fortunately he can't change subject titles.

Although if Tom wants it I will vote against it. How did he vote? Are you sure none of Tom's trolls voted? Is this public? If not I want a screen shot I don't trust that slimey limey for a minute!

It is to stop trolls like BM starting loads of stupid threads. Do you remember how Goem used to change the subject titles and mess up all the threads? He obviously had some kind of script to do that well Legion is the Goem of JPP, fortunately he can't change subject titles.

When I go through the different forums I look at the thread topic first, not the poster. Example, APP has a lot of threads on climate that I scroll past and move beyond, because this subject holds no interest for me. Also applies to the threads with minute economic details and statistics. But I always at least read threads about our politicians and current events even if I don't post on the thread. Bottom line, it's about the content.

Goem was a special case, he didn't even pretend to post topics, he just trashed the forum with unintelligible nonsense. I think he went off the deep end when sweetshru turned down his marriage proposal.

When I go through the different forums I look at the thread topic first, not the poster. Example, APP has a lot of threads on climate that I scroll past and move beyond, because this subject holds no interest for me. Also applies to the threads with minute economic details and statistics. But I always at least read threads about our politicians and current events even if I don't post on the thread. Bottom line, it's about the content.

Goem was a special case, he didn't even pretend to post topics, he just trashed the forum with unintelligible nonsense. I think he went off the deep end when sweetshru turned down his marriage proposal.

Wow, I didn't know that but then sweetshru rarely came to the WOT board. I would like a feature that removed any threads posted by people on your ignore list. It would be so much better if you couldn't even see the damn things. It would, in effect, be your own Forced Ignore.

He did once briefly talk to me and said that he had very happy memories of being stationed at a USAF base in England. I thought he was bullshitting me so I asked him some questions that he couldn't easily answer without the help of a search engine. He seemed to be kosher but then he went bloody mental again.

Wow, I didn't know that but then sweetshru rarely came to the WOT board. I would like a feature that removed any threads posted by people on your ignore list. It would be so much better if you couldn't even see the damn things. It would, in effect, be your own Forced Ignore.

I would like a feature that erased all your posts just as you hit send.

At least you are finally admitting you didn't post on the RBB and didn't know sweetshru because she rarely went to WOT. Since I was an RBB poster and avoided the WOT like the plague, we can finally put to rest your horseshit claims that you knew me there.

He did once briefly talk to me and said that he had very happy memories of being stationed at a USAF base in England. I thought he was bullshitting me so I asked him some questions that he couldn't easily answer without the help of a search engine. He seemed to be kosher but then he went bloody mental again.

I went to the Rate Bush board occasionally and posted a few times but mostly observed. I have to say I've never seen a board like it since, it was like a cyber version of Lord of the Flies.

I went to the Rate Bush board occasionally and posted a few times but mostly observed. I have to say I've never seen a board like it since, it was like a cyber version of Lord of the Flies.

You don't have to quote yourself Tom, we all know you are replying to me - I must have escaped from your Ignore box again! For the 158th time now! How do I do it?! I can't be contained! I scoff at technological restraints!

BTW, throughout the netscape boards, and there were many of them...it was WOT that was considered the worst shithole anyone had ever seen so who do you think you are fooling. C vs E and RBB was where anyone with any intellectual capability at all hung. WOT was the dregs. I only ever ran into that trash on the Mixed Bag board and no one wanted you people there either.

I guess you would understand if you hated Desh! My being on the same side of this issue with Big Money made this vote painful!

At least you are finally admitting you didn't post on the RBB and didn't know sweetshru because she rarely went to WOT. Since I was an RBB poster and avoided the WOT like the plague, we can finally put to rest your horseshit claims that you knew me there.

LOL! Me too!

I had forgotten all about Golem, until you mentioned his name.

CURSE YOU
MAY YOU DIE MANY VIOLENT AND AGONIZING DEATHS

:chesh:

Although if Tom wants it I will vote against it. How did he vote? Are you sure none of Tom's trolls voted? Is this public? If not I want a screen shot I don't trust that slimey limey for a minute!

BTW, throughout the netscape boards, and there were many of them...it was WOT that was considered the worst shithole anyone had ever seen so who do you think you are fooling. C vs E and RBB was where anyone with any intellectual capability at all hung. WOT was the dregs. I only ever ran into that trash on the Mixed Bag board and no one wanted you people there either.

Truth, and it wasn't till the WOT spilled into the RBB that it got toxic!

Back