So... The new mod... Yes or no?

To Limit New Threads Or Not To Limit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I go through the different forums I look at the thread topic first, not the poster. Example, APP has a lot of threads on climate that I scroll past and move beyond, because this subject holds no interest for me. Also applies to the threads with minute economic details and statistics. But I always at least read threads about our politicians and current events even if I don't post on the thread. Bottom line, it's about the content.

Goem was a special case, he didn't even pretend to post topics, he just trashed the forum with unintelligible nonsense. I think he went off the deep end when sweetshru turned down his marriage proposal.

Wow, hearing that name (Goem) brings back memories. Sweetshru was good people. Did Goem really propose? And that's what set him off? He went scorched earth style on the Rate Bush Board.

Although if Tom wants it I will vote against it. How did he vote? Are you sure none of Tom's trolls voted? Is this public? If not I want a screen shot I don't trust that slimey limey for a minute!

When I go through the different forums I look at the thread topic first, not the poster. Example, APP has a lot of threads on climate that I scroll past and move beyond, because this subject holds no interest for me. Also applies to the threads with minute economic details and statistics. But I always at least read threads about our politicians and current events even if I don't post on the thread. Bottom line, it's about the content.

Goem was a special case, he didn't even pretend to post topics, he just trashed the forum with unintelligible nonsense. I think he went off the deep end when sweetshru turned down his marriage proposal.

I would like a feature that erased all your posts just as you hit send.

At least you are finally admitting you didn't post on the RBB and didn't know sweetshru because she rarely went to WOT. Since I was an RBB poster and avoided the WOT like the plague, we can finally put to rest your horseshit claims that you knew me there.

BTW, throughout the netscape boards, and there were many of them...it was WOT that was considered the worst shithole anyone had ever seen so who do you think you are fooling. C vs E and RBB was where anyone with any intellectual capability at all hung. WOT was the dregs. I only ever ran into that trash on the Mixed Bag board and no one wanted you people there either.

Wow, hearing that name (Goem) brings back memories. Sweetshru was good people. Did Goem really propose? And that's what set him off? He went scorched earth style on the Rate Bush Board.

Oh, she will be flattered you thought so! I will tell her.

I think it's important to really clarify what this thread thing is about.

Ask yourselves, in your entire history of JPP, how many times have you made 17 threads in one single day?

I am almost positive that for nearly every single person here, the answer is 0 days. Out of 7 years. It's just never happened.

This poll really should be renamed to "would you prefer to have a rule against some spammer coming in and flooding our board"

that's basically all it is.

If its not yet been suggested perhaps consider a time limit between posts. Offers similar benefits with a slightly lighter hand.

If its not yet been suggested perhaps consider a time limit between posts. Offers similar benefits with a slightly lighter hand.

That's exactly what this is. You can only start 1 thread every 1.5 hours. You can make as many posts as you like however.

Yes, he really did. I don't want to put her business out here more than I already did but he was serious.

That's exactly what this is. You can only start 1 thread every 1.5 hours. You can make as many posts as you like however.

Just curious, does the number of threads and responses benefit the forum as a whole? Not regarding posters but as far as the board owner and a successful forum, if that makes any sense.

... what

I didn't know there was some weird time limit

wtf

we have too many things going on.

I am a mod and I have been confused as fuck about everything being discussed.

thought we were just talking about thread caps per day, not time limits.

Just curious, does the number of threads and responses benefit the forum as a whole? Not regarding posters but as far as the board owner and a successful forum, if that makes any sense.
No, but even if it did it wouldn't matter. This is a hobby for Damo.

... what

wtf

17 divided by 24 comes out to around 1.5 hours. So you can use up all 17 in one hour or you can space it out if you want. But that's how it goes.

... what

wtf

He averaged it out. It is a per day cap, counted from midnight... basically, one can start 17 new threads per day, with a limit for each of the fora of 10. So, one can spread them around and start a total of 17 in a day. Or one can limit themselves to 10 in Current events.

While active users can benefit a forum, some users seem dissatisfied that one person was posting most of the new threads. So, I set this up to test to see if this would be something most users would like to see. Personally I don't like to limit people this way, but I'm not the only one using the board.

Back