SOTU speech and rebuttal: Classics!

Taichiliberal

Shaken, not stirred!
Well, Uncle Joe just pulled a rabbit out the hat tonight! His State of the Union speech was beyond the usual pie in the sky proposals and promises that is the status quo for these events. He pulled little punches in pointing the finger at the MAGA GOP for essentially fucking up! When challenged by hecklers, he did a verbal jiu jitsu, with comebacks like "Oh, you want high tax breaks for the wealthy?" The rabid heckler screaming about his military son being killed in Kabul and not getting a mention didn't pan out like Brian Mast (R-FL) hoped it would, as Joe's pre-empted mention of resolve to stop Hamas and various like entities covered such. Nope, old Joe basically took it to the GOP, telling them to lay off Social Security, stop kissing corporate ass and do right by the people. Despite the frowns from Speaker Johnson and cat calls from Margie Green (who got put down SO beautifully by Uncle Joe), Biden was NOT the befuddled old man previously portrayed. Now the rabid right are whining that he's mean and angry and vindictive. Hmm, they need to make up their minds.

But for me the icing on the cake was the GOP response, done by Sen. Katie Britt (R-Al). This chick must've thought she was doing a screen test for Warner Bros.! All generalizations, regurgitation of talking points that Uncle Joe put to shame earlier, waving of the flag, accompanied by a well timed near tears, crocodile smiles and "heart felt" stares. She was so obvious, I said to my father as we laughed, "who does this bitch think she's fooling"? She assured everyone that she's for preserving IVF .... just as her state declares that a woman must give birth to a rape/incest conceived child. (:

Like it or not, my resident right wing crowd, Biden just gave Trump a hard act to follow.

Just what the nation needs, a senator of a state with historically the worst poverty in the nation crying about Biden's handling of the economy.

Well, Uncle Joe just pulled a rabbit out the hat tonight! His State of the Union speech was beyond the usual pie in the sky proposals and promises that is the status quo for these events. He pulled little punches in pointing the finger at the MAGA GOP for essentially fucking up! When challenged by hecklers, he did a verbal jiu jitsu, with comebacks like "Oh, you want high tax breaks for the wealthy?" The rabid heckler screaming about his military son being killed in Kabul and not getting a mention didn't pan out like Brian Mast (R-FL) hoped it would, as Joe's pre-empted mention of resolve to stop Hamas and various like entities covered such. Nope, old Joe basically took it to the GOP, telling them to lay off Social Security, stop kissing corporate ass and do right by the people. Despite the frowns from Speaker Johnson and cat calls from Margie Green (who got put down SO beautifully by Uncle Joe), Biden was NOT the befuddled old man previously portrayed. Now the rabid right are whining that he's mean and angry and vindictive. Hmm, they need to make up their minds.

But for me the icing on the cake was the GOP response, done by Sen. Katie Britt (R-Al). This chick must've thought she was doing a screen test for Warner Bros.! All generalizations, regurgitation of talking points that Uncle Joe put to shame earlier, waving of the flag, accompanied by a well timed near tears, crocodile smiles and "heart felt" stares. She was so obvious, I said to my father as we laughed, "who does this bitch think she's fooling"? She assured everyone that she's for preserving IVF .... just as her state declares that a woman must give birth to a rape/incest conceived child. (:

Like it or not, my resident right wing crowd, Biden just gave Trump a hard act to follow.

And I kinda enjoyed the comments directed at the SCOTUS Justices sitting right infront of him!

Joe Biden did a fine job last night...and deserves to be re-elected.

I suspect the GOP will not try to win the election. They almost certainly will be aiming to disrupt the Electoral College results...so that the election gets thrown into the House, where Trump will win.

the bad news for Demmycrats is, the US presidency is not a rabbit.....its a responsibility......

It's a metaphor, son. NOT a literal declaration.

But you know that....you're just pissed because you cannot fault the OP in any logical, rational or factual way. Sour grapes and the standard anti-Dem/Biden/progressive/liberal BS got a shot in the arm last night. TFB if you don't like it.

Just what the nation needs, a senator of a state with historically the worst poverty in the nation crying about Biden's handling of the economy.

Not to mention her voting against a bill she helped craft just because the Orange Oaf said so.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And YOU actually believed Joe's lies!

And I kinda enjoyed the comments directed at the SCOTUS Justices sitting right infront of him!

Joe Biden did a fine job last night...and deserves to be re-elected.

I suspect the GOP will not try to win the election. They almost certainly will be aiming to disrupt the Electoral College results...so that the election gets thrown into the House, where Trump will win.

Biden was never elected as President. He can't be re-elected.

But you know that....you're just pissed because you cannot fault the OP in any logical, rational or factual way. Sour grapes and the standard anti-Dem/Biden/progressive/liberal BS got a shot in the arm last night. TFB if you don't like it.

Okay. You want some facts?

* Biden committed treason again by yet again calling for civil war.
* Biden threatened the Supreme Court and ignores the authority of the Supreme Court.
* Biden called yet again to ban guns, ignoring the 2nd amendment and articles I and II.
* Biden yet again lied about the economy, which is still in depression. Inflation is not growth.
* Biden called the country 'safe', when violent crime is out of control, particularly in Democrat run cities.
* Biden AGAIN stated his intention to invite invasion of the United States (an act of treason), even mocking people that have been killed by illegal immigrants.
* Biden AGAIN called for 'saving the democracy', when there IS NO DEMOCRACY. And by doing it by locking up dissidents and imposing censorship.
* Biden AGAIN pushed to mandate EVs (fascism), provide subsidies for EVs, solar panels, and wind generators (communism) and ignored the 1st amendment doing it.
* Biden AGAIN crowed about his botched withdrawal, which killed good soldiers and was an act of treason (giving weapons and supplies to the enemy in time of war).

I could go on, but the post would get too long.

I am a troll :orang:, scientific illiterate, and a MAGA moron
Yes, you are.

The Theory of the Big Bang is just a nonscientific theory
:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:
The United States no longer exists.
FOX is owned and operated by DEMOCRATS.
(J6 rioters) are violent Democrats, dressed up as 'Trump supporters'.
There was no Civil Rights Act in 1964.

:magagrin:

I was told that a kitchen was an appropriate place to give a SOTU rebuttal because moms like it.

Well I'm a dad, and this Britt broad could have given the rebuttal from a stripper's pole
and I still wasn't going to watch it.

I can't find anything logical, rational or factual IN the OP.......I think perhap you took a shot to the head instead of the arm......

I finally figured out where I heard that voice before.

She does the voice over on those fundraising spots that show starving dogs.

OMG! She was a total train wreck! Her own party is shaking their collective heads over her response to the SOU. If she wasn't a fucked up Republican hack, I'd feel sorry for her. Check this out:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/08/katie-britt-sotu-reaction

Katie Britt’s Republican response to Joe Biden’s State of the Union address drew reactions ranging from the baffled to the satirical to the appalled, even among fellow rightwingers.

“What the hell am I watching right now?” an unnamed Trump adviser told Rolling Stone.

“It’s one of our biggest disasters ever,” another unnamed Republican strategist told the Daily Beast.

Back