Spinoza: “God, or rather Nature.”

BidenPresident

Verified User
Amongst the most eminent adherents of Spinozan pantheism was Albert Einstein. In 1929 a rabbi, anxious about the great physicist’s alleged atheism, cabled him: “Do you believe in God? Stop. Answer paid. Fifty words. Stop.” Einstein replied: “I believe in Spinoza’s God, who reveals himself in the law-governed harmony of Being, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and activities of mankind.”

https://thecritic.co.uk/issues/august-september-2023/a-brilliant-biography-of-an-elusive-genius/

Amongst the most eminent adherents of Spinozan pantheism was Albert Einstein. In 1929 a rabbi, anxious about the great physicist’s alleged atheism, cabled him: “Do you believe in God? Stop. Answer paid. Fifty words. Stop.” Einstein replied: “I believe in Spinoza’s God, who reveals himself in the law-governed harmony of Being, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and activities of mankind.”

https://thecritic.co.uk/issues/august-september-2023/a-brilliant-biography-of-an-elusive-genius/

The laws of nature & nature's God as compared to decades of this Christian Nation SCOTUS Rehnquist "one nation under God with equal justice under law" Fourth Reich July 9/11 Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom drug trafficking enforcement Nazi security of suicidal super ego sociopsychopathilogical survival of the fittest fascists homicidal human farming....

I had to study him a bit in college

Probably the most confusing person I ever had to read.

To say he rambled would be an understatement.

Einstein famously said the most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible.

I think that was his way of saying that the organization of matter and energy into precise mathmatical patterns and physical laws is a manifestation of a profound truth we still cannot really fathom.

Einstein famously said the most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible.

I think that was his way of saying that the organization of matter and energy into precise mathmatical patterns and physical laws is a manifestation of a profound truth we still cannot really fathom.

Just a pattern. I see nothing profound about it.

That statement was made when he was struggling with quantum mechanics if I recall correctly.

I think saltydancin is the asshole troll who tries to ruin every philosophy thread.

While bungling GI Joe keeps biding his "serve the Pope or die" Christiananality pedophilia philosophy time where Einstein's relativity theory & view of God don't seem to adhere to this Christian Nation SCOTUS Rehnquist's Fourth Reich July 9/11 "man is God" suicidal super ego sociopsychopathilogical Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom drug trafficking enforcement homicidal human farming that concern themselves with the fates and activities of mankind as "one nation under God with equal justice under law" but as Mengele "Angel of Death" baptize thine eyes by urinations thieving US Constitution Bill of Rights arsonists national religion under color of law.....

See? I really try to take you seriously but then you post stupid ass shit like this ^^^^^^^. Let's assume for moment you're right, which you aren't but if we assume it how did this "pattern" come to be? The rules that govern the universe are so intricate and precise if they were to very even slightly none of this would be here.

As how profound the truth is it is that bungling GI Joe biding his "serve the Pope or die" time Freudian slip as Christian Nation Rehnquist Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom drug trafficking enforcement thieving US Constitution Bill of Rights arsonists Mengele "Angel of Death" baptize thine eyes by urinations a Washington, DC. born USA retired WW II Pentagon Staff Sergeant is Islam to further Christiananality pedophilia of another Washington, D.C. born USA citizen as Islam in mathematical precision organized manifestation of Islamidiotocracy "man is God" for the Catholic Church to own Einstein's theory of relativity as "one nation under God with equal justice under law"...

Please go away you hate filled creep.

With all due respect, which is very little for you, I dont think I will. You make a comment in an open forum then people are free to comment. If you don't like it, leave. Your comment about patterns is asinine. Patterns suggest the existence of a pattern maker as patterns, by definition, cannot be random. Is the pattern maker God? That's another question thats entirely open to debate but you obviously lack the ability to consider it.

For three years I've told Yakuda I will never have a conversation with him. Yet he thinks we are having a conversation. Should be a rule against stalking.

See? I really try to take you seriously but then you post stupid ass shit like this ^^^^^^^. Let's assume for moment you're right, which you aren't but if we assume it how did this "pattern" come to be? The rules that govern the universe are so intricate and precise if they were to very even slightly none of this would be here.

The last sentence is the key. We exist because we can. There's nothing magical, it could just as easily be that the math were to change in one or two small ways making life impossible. Or maybe it would dramatically different. The fact that we are here observing it is simply one of a nearly infinite number of possible conditions most of which don't have us present.

This is not meaningful in some way except insofar as we like to think our existence is somehow "necessary" or at least "desired". In reality we exist like a string of 15 head flips of a coin. If it happens, cool, if not; not a surprise.

The last sentence is the key. We exist because we can. There's nothing magical, it could just as easily be that the math were to change in one or two small ways making life impossible. Or maybe it would dramatically different. The fact that we are here observing it is simply one of a nearly infinite number of possible conditions most of which don't have us present.

This is not meaningful in some way except insofar as we like to think our existence is somehow "necessary" or at least "desired". In reality we exist like a string of 15 head flips of a coin. If it happens, cool, if not; not a surprise.

We exist because we do not because we "can". If the math changes slightly things become vastly different.

Not sure why you introduced "necessary" or "desired" since I at least didn't suggest either and isn't relevant to then discussion as far as I can see. There is a pattern that suggests a mind that established the pattern. You find a car in the desert and you think math put it there?

For three years I've told Yakuda I will never have a conversation with him. Yet he thinks we are having a conversation. Should be a rule against stalking.

I am responding to someone who posted an open comment on an open thread. So every time you post a response to anyone else on an open thread you are stalking? You should stop that then.

Back