Spinoza: “God, or rather Nature.”

We exist because we do not because we "can". If the math changes slightly things become vastly different.

Not sure why you introduced "necessary" or "desired" since I at least didn't suggest either and isn't relevant to then discussion as far as I can see. There is a pattern that suggests a mind that established the pattern. You find a car in the desert and you think math put it there?

I merely noted that we are "impressed" by the fine-tuning of the universe ONLY because as luck would have it that tuning resulted in the possibility of our existence. Not the necessity thereof. The universe COULD exist in such a way that life was impossible. The only difference is life wouldn't be around to observe it.

I merely noted that we are "impressed" by the fine-tuning of the universe ONLY because as luck would have it that tuning resulted in the possibility of our existence. Not the necessity thereof. The universe COULD exist in such a way that life was impossible. The only difference is life wouldn't be around to observe it.

Shut up you hate troll.

fuck you troll

Now there's that bungling GI Joe biding his "serve the Pope or die" cross conditioned way beyond therapy "man is God" philosophy where Einstein's interpretation of God in the law-governed harmony of Being just goes to show that this Christain Nation SCOTUS Rehnquist Fourth Reich July 9/11 Christiananality pedophilia diatribe Washington, D.C. born USA citizens are Islam tautology is their national religion of a God who concerns himself with the fates and activities of mankind.” in suicidal super ego sociopsychopathilogical homicidal human farming...

For some reason, one troll with many names keeps ruining threads on philosophy. Oh well, what happens in an unmoderated forum.

THREAD DEAD

I had to study him a bit in college

Probably the most confusing person I ever had to read.

To say he rambled would be an understatement.

Einstein is one of the most clear headed and interesting thinkers of the 20th century.

English was his second language.

German is supposedly notoriously hard to accurately translate to English.

Most people won't understand his physics. But good translations of his humanist, philosophical, and political writings are hardly muddled.

Einstein is one of the most clear headed and interesting thinkers of the 20th century.

English was his second language.

German is supposedly notoriously hard to accurately translate to English.

Most people won't understand his physics. But good translations of his humanist, philosophical, and political writings are hardly muddled.

I wasn't referring to Einstein.

For some reason, one troll with many names keeps ruining threads on philosophy. Oh well, what happens in an unmoderated forum.

THREAD DEAD

Must be a reincarnation Islamidiotocracy "death to the infidels" by Christiananality pedophilia as a Spinoza pattern of pseudoscience....

Back