Stand up against the Government!

Jarod

Contributor
Can anyone come up with times in the last 50 years when an individual used a gun to stand up to Government Authority and did not end up either gunned down himself or in Prison?

the cold dead hand stuff was just poltical theater.

they will hand over whatever our democracy tells them to

the cold dead hand stuff was just poltical theater.

they will hand over whatever our democracy tells them to

Don't be so sure. I would not only not turn a damned thing in, but I'd also start making guns and selling them.

let's assume it never happened...what is your point jarod? that because it didn't happen in the last 50 years, it won't ever happen? the government's control over our private affairs has increased alarmingly over the last 50 years.

let's assume it never happened...what is your point jarod? that because it didn't happen in the last 50 years, it won't ever happen? the government's control over our private affairs has increased alarmingly over the last 50 years.

My point is that the idea that Americans should have guns to protect themselves from the Government is outdated and of no use to us in our current culture. We have already outlawed the weapons that would have the power to stand up to the Government and we have already built our military and police way past the ability of individual citizens to use weapons to stand up to that.

My point is that the idea that Americans should have guns to protect themselves from the Government is outdated and of no use to us in our current culture. We have already outlawed the weapons that would have the power to stand up to the Government and we have already built our military and police way past the ability of individual citizens to use weapons to stand up to that.

A: no, we have not banned anything. I can buy an RPG right now if I want.
B: even if A weren't true, how did the Iraqis manage? How are the Afghanis managing?

i haven't had a car accident for 20 years. auto insurance is thus outdated and of no use to us in our current culture.

A: no, we have not banned anything. I can buy an RPG right now if I want.
B: even if A weren't true, how did the Iraqis manage? How are the Afghanis managing?

The Iraqis and Afganis did not manage anything. They had a government, we took it over and installed a new government. Both governments were opressive and both still stand. You cannot buy a nuclear weapon or an RPG launcher or a tank.

i haven't had a car accident for 20 years. auto insurance is thus outdated and of no use to us in our current culture.

No your logic is flawed, If NO Americans had a car accident for 20 years, then I would agree Auto Insurance is outdated and of no use.

No your logic is flawed, If NO Americans had a car accident for 20 years, then I would agree Auto Insurance is outdated and of no use.

fair enough, however, my point stands. your logic is wholly flawed. just because something has happened for 50 years, doesn't mean it will never happen. there had never been a world war...we ended up having two.

fair enough, however, my point stands. your logic is wholly flawed. just because something has happened for 50 years, doesn't mean it will never happen. there had never been a world war...we ended up having two.

It will not happen. Our culture has moved beyond where simple gun ownership would make it possable to stand up to the Government. If that changes, we can then reinstate the Second Amendment. In the mean time kids are being killed to protect an outdated notion that Guns will somehow protect us from a overstepping Government.

It will not happen. Our culture has moved beyond where simple gun ownership would make it possable to stand up to the Government. If that changes, we can then reinstate the Second Amendment. In the mean time kids are being killed to protect an outdated notion that Guns will somehow protect us from a overstepping Government.

i believe you're incorrect. look how long koresh held out against the government. that was just a dozen or so people.

it is dangerous to claim that we can get rid of the second simply because the government has better arms than we do and that we can simply reinstate it if the need arises or if the people are as armed as the government. if you take all the gun owners in the US, i truly believe the government would be hard pressed to defeat them if they united by only a small amount of gun owners.

i also disagree with what you're saying, because it could be analogized to saying - well, the government is more equipped to stifle any speech, monitor any speech, censor any speech, thus, we no longer need the 1st amendment. thank goodness we have it, because the government has in fact tried to stifle speech and lost in court dozens of times in the past few decades. imagine if we had let the first amendment go because it was outdated...do you really think the government would reinstate it simply because, say the internet was invented?

i believe you're incorrect. look how long koresh held out against the government. that was just a dozen or so people.

it is dangerous to claim that we can get rid of the second simply because the government has better arms than we do and that we can simply reinstate it if the need arises or if the people are as armed as the government. if you take all the gun owners in the US, i truly believe the government would be hard pressed to defeat them if they united by only a small amount of gun owners.

i also disagree with what you're saying, because it could be analogized to saying - well, the government is more equipped to stifle any speech, monitor any speech, censor any speech, thus, we no longer need the 1st amendment. thank goodness we have it, because the government has in fact tried to stifle speech and lost in court dozens of times in the past few decades. imagine if we had let the first amendment go because it was outdated...do you really think the government would reinstate it simply because, say the internet was invented?

The best example you have is Koresh? What's number 2 on the list? MOVE in Philadelphia? Jesus Lord.

The Iraqis and Afganis did not manage anything.
Damn, must have been someone else trying to blow me up.
They had a government, we took it over and installed a new government.
And that new government promptly delcare war on us? I thought it was insurgents I was fighting.
You cannot buy a nuclear weapon or an RPG launcher or a tank.
Jarod, you should really research stuff more.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322143634
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=321915503

Can anyone come up with times in the last 50 years when an individual used a gun to stand up to Government Authority and did not end up either gunned down himself or in Prison?
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2012/06/12/news/local_news/doc4fd72968411ba251169759.txt

Gun toting advocates are standing in support of a Troy teen who was arrested after strolling the downtown area of the posh suburban community of Birmingham with an M-1 rifle strapped to his back.

Supporters filled the Birmingham commission chambers Monday night, displaying firearms in holsters and strapped to their backs. They voiced support for 18-year-old Sean Combs, who was arrested April 13 while walking along Old Woodward Avenue.

http://209.157.64.201/focus/f-news/2667159/posts

York, PA - At least half a dozen York and York County residents carried guns to York City Council Tuesday in a show of support for the right to bring weapons to municipal meetings.

Councilwoman Toni Smith has advocated for a gun ban at the council's meetings, which have been regularly attended by at least one city resident openly carrying a firearm. Smith was told by city solicitor Don Hoyt at a meeting last month that the state prohibits such a ban, and she has not formally proposed any such measure.

At Tuesday's meeting, gun owners sat scattered across council chambers, some with holstered weapons and others with ammunition strapped to their belts. Some of the owners stepped forward to cite passages from state law and the U.S. Constitution in support of the right to bear firearms.

Andy Edmonds, a North Codorus Township resident and co-founder of the Hanover Tea Party Patriots, said passing a gun ban in spite of the law would knowingly impede the right of residents to lawfully carry a gun. That is a misdemeanor and treason, he said.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2779801/posts

Armed citizens, upset by a government disarmament edict, confronted the Ruidoso, New Mexico city council Tuesday night in defiance of an executive order from the mayor banning guns on city property, KRQE reports. Yet despite what anchor Dick Knipfing describes as “powerful emotions,” dozens of armed citizens conducted themselves peaceably, controlling themselves and their anger against what activist and New Mexico Militia leader Bob Wright called the act of a “tyrant.”

The best example you have is Koresh? What's number 2 on the list? MOVE in Philadelphia? Jesus Lord.
this is always going to be the problem for those like you who hate guns. ANY story about it will be totally demonized by both the media and yourselves. it's not worth really trying to counter it.

did i say it was the best example? nope. it simply was the first to pop in my mind.

i like how you conveniently ignore the meat of the topic and focus on something so trivial.

Back