Stand up against the Government!

We were not defeated in Afganistan.
We sure aren't victorious.

We were defeated in Viet Nam, for one reason, because we were not willing to use the full force of the power of the United States Military.
Yeah, all those bombed we dropped weren't big enough. That was the problem, we were obviously pussies.

If average Americans were alowed to arm themselves with flame throwers and rpg launchers and tanks and tactical nuclear weapons, defense against an invading force might be a possability. I am not taking about a forign force invading. I am talking about defense against our own Government. Violence resistance against our own government is not realistic.

You really want to ignore what I posted earlier don't you?

We were defeated in Viet Nam, for one reason, because we were not willing to use the full force of the power of the United States Military.

If average Americans were alowed to arm themselves with flame throwers and rpg launchers and tanks and tactical nuclear weapons, defense against an invading force might be a possability. I am not taking about a forign force invading. I am talking about defense against our own Government. Violence resistance against our own government is not realistic.

I understand you dont agree, that does not however mean that I am faking anything or pretending reality is any different than it is.

So, you believe that the US government would use nukes against an armed citizenry when it fails to do it elsewhere? I think you are a loon. They'll destroy themselves, over what? A law trying to disarm people?

So, you believe that the US government would use nukes against an armed citizenry when it fails to do it elsewhere? I think you are a loon. They'll destroy themselves, over what? A law trying to disarm people?

If you belive that any group of Americans would have the strength to rise against our government in a violent way and have any chance at being successfull you are the loon.

I said we might could stand a chance against an invading force if we had tactical nuclear weapons. You are pretending to see something I did not write.

Because we are not on anywhere close to an equal playingfield with our own government.

You just keep using the same circular illogical argument. "free speech is important even though the government can shut it off at any moment" "Guns cannot be used because the government has better ones".

If you belive that any group of Americans would have the strength to rise against our government in a violent way and have any chance at being successfull you are the loon.

I said we might could stand a chance against an invading force if we had tactical nuclear weapons. You are pretending to see something I did not write.

Jarod, you really need to research what you're talking about.

jarod, stop avoiding the question. would the US Government use a nuclear weapon against ANY of it's own citizens?

Hell, the Government would be able to starve most of us out simply by using the navy and bombing the interstates into areas that were resisting. It would take three or four days for people to start suffering from lack of food here in Florida if the power were turned off.

Hell, the Government would be able to starve most of us out simply by using the navy and bombing the interstates into areas that were resisting. It would take three or four days for people to start suffering from lack of food here in Florida if the power were turned off.

So the government would bomb it's own infrastructure? Uhhhh, no....it wouldn't.

Do you think the US Government would use a nuclear weapon on it's own citizens. yes or no.

I understand you dont agree, that does not however mean that I am faking anything or pretending reality is any different than it is.

Violent resistance against our government is not realistic? That's what the left would have you believe maybe. occupy wall street wasn't a peaceful protest. Hopefully we will never have to have a violent uprising aginst our government involving guns, but the option to have guns as a tool to protect our selves from our government is good one, even though I hate guns.

jarod, stop avoiding the question. would the US Government use a nuclear weapon against ANY of it's own citizens?

Im not avoiding the question, thats the first time its been asked. I was accused of being a loon for thinking that the US would use a nuke against its citizens, I never said the US would do that.

So now that you asked.... I doubt the US would ever do that, but given the right situation I dont know what the Government is capable of doing.

This ignores the fact that our military was defeated in Viet Nam, Afghanistan, etc. by people armed just like our citizens are. 1 Million people in the military, 250 Million guns in the hands of 100 Million or more. They killed about 3M in Viet Nam, we lost nearly 60K soldiers and still lost.

It also ignores that many of the people in the military would be some of the people against what the government was doing.

You try to fake it in, pretend that the reality meets your ideation, but it doesn't in this case. The weapons in the hands of the citizens absolutely are a deterrent to tyranny.

In all fairness, Viet Nam's terrain made conventional warfare nearly impossible. The Viet Cong possessed military weapons, but choose guerilla warfare because it was more effective in the jungle.

Guerilla warriors are a thorn in the sides of people trying to occupy a country unknown to them, but when it comes to Civil war, it is a different animal.

Im not avoiding the question, thats the first time its been asked. I was accused of being a loon for thinking that the US would use a nuke against its citizens, I never said the US would do that.

So now that you asked.... I doubt the US would ever do that, but given the right situation I dont know what the Government is capable of doing.

ok, you DOUBT they would ever do that, but given the right situation you don't know what the gov is capable of doing???? I have to ask you, do we the people run this country or does the government?

So the government would bomb it's own infrastructure? Uhhhh, no....it wouldn't.

You dont belive that if Montgomery Alabama were in full revolt and it served a tactical advantage... the US Government would not bomb out the roads going into Monrgomery? I certantly belive they would.. and it would not be the first time.

ok, you DOUBT they would ever do that, but given the right situation you don't know what the gov is capable of doing???? I have to ask you, do we the people run this country or does the government?

In the current situation, I belive the people run the Government.

Back