Stand up against the Government!

If you belive that any group of Americans would have the strength to rise against our government in a violent way and have any chance at being successfull you are the loon.

I said we might could stand a chance against an invading force if we had tactical nuclear weapons. You are pretending to see something I did not write.

images

Absolutely nutters, you are. - Yoda

You dont belive that if Montgomery Alabama were in full revolt and it served a tactical advantage... the US Government would not bomb out the roads going into Monrgomery? I certantly belive they would.. and it would not be the first time.

No, they wouldnt, because then how would they occupy Montgomery? They just blew up the only way in. We didn't bomb roads in Iraq, we built them and rebuilt them.

Just look at what was destroyed in when the South took up arms against the United States.

Oh, come on, you know that snt true, you will take out a target if necessary to keep it from falling into the wrong hands.

Yeah, if you have no realistic expectation of taking it back.

Seriously here, why is everyone talking about things that they have no experience with like they're experts?

I never said you were claiming a right to do what this crazy person did. All I am saying, in this thread, is that the idea expressed by Jefferson that we need the 2A so individuals can stand up to the Government is outdated.

Self defense against non-government actors is a different issue, one with more merit when it comes to why we should keep the 2A.

jefferson would roll over in his grave to hear you say that.

it should be an idea that is never outdated. once you capitulate to that concept, you have given up a very important right.

Last edited:
A: no, we have not banned anything. I can buy an RPG right now if I want.
B: even if A weren't true, how did the Iraqis manage? How are the Afghanis managing?

How about a tank, rocket launcher? A Patriot missile?

They managed with a little help from their friends and the US inability to go to "total" war.

Yeah, if you have no realistic expectation of taking it back.

Seriously here, why is everyone talking about things that they have no experience with like they're experts?

You have experience in warfare between the United States military and armed domestic resistance groups?

You dont belive that if Montgomery Alabama were in full revolt and it served a tactical advantage... the US Government would not bomb out the roads going into Monrgomery? I certantly belive they would.. and it would not be the first time.
why would they do something like that? it serves absolutely no tactical advantage. how would they then enter the city afterwards? and if you do believe that the government is capable of wreaking that kind of violence on it's own population, why should we NOT be able to defend ourselves from that with equal weaponry?

No, they wouldnt, because then how would they occupy Montgomery? They just blew up the only way in. We didn't bomb roads in Iraq, we built them and rebuilt them.

I said, IF it served a tactical advantage.

So lets pretend that the rebels in Montgomery dont have vehicles capable of traveling without roads, but the US Government has very advanced ATV's. Yes I belive the US Government would blow up the roads so that they were the only ones capable of traveling.

How about a tank, rocket launcher? A Patriot missile?

They managed with a little help from their friends and the US inability to go to "total" war.

Well, if they can't go total war on a bunch of foreigners, don't think that they can do it on their own people. And if you look at some of the links I posted here, yes I can buy tanks and rockets, mortars, grenades, etc.

why would they do something like that? it serves absolutely no tactical advantage. how would they then enter the city afterwards? and if you do believe that the government is capable of wreaking that kind of violence on it's own population, why should we NOT be able to defend ourselves from that with equal weaponry?

UGH, I said IF! You guys are impossable to discuss things with because you pretend to see only what you choose and not what I write. Smarter unless you can discuss without using fake arguments I am no longer going to engage you in discussion.

So, you believe that the US government would use nukes against an armed citizenry when it fails to do it elsewhere? I think you are a loon. They'll destroy themselves, over what? A law trying to disarm people?

Civil war is a different animal from foreign war.

but the US Government has very advanced ATV's.

Jarod, I've been out of the military for less than 3 years. I've ran over 100 convoys. No. We. Don't. We stick to ROADS. Roads lead to cities. Cities are where we wanted to occupy and supply. Ergo, we did not destroy the roads. The REBELS however, blew up a fuck ton of stuff. I got stock away from base for a week because the only bridge in the region was blown up. Guess who was hurt more by that one?

Back