stem cell research

They may work hard but they aren't doing a very good job.
They are doing a far better job than if they hadn't tried at all. They do what they can to fulfill what they believe to be their responsibility as part of the society that allowed them to be created to begin with.

I posted the fact that those who object to their destruction work hard to get them adopted by those who are childless. Instead of reading you simply ignored presented evidence to reveal your set unsympathetic response.

I would think if they were serious about that, they would support adoption by qualified gay couples, to increase the pool of people willing to adopt.

But, they don't of course.

I would think if they were serious about that, they would support adoption by qualified gay couples, to increase the pool of people willing to adopt.

But, they don't of course.
Qualified gay couples could not adopt a fertilized egg from a fertility clinic, unless they were lesbian.

However, they are working within their belief system, just as you do within yours. You expect them to dismiss what they believe to be right to fit into what you think is right. That is not "compromise".

They are doing a far better job than if they hadn't tried at all. They do what they can to fulfill what they believe to be their responsibility as part of the society that allowed them to be created to begin with.

And I'm saying, the ones that are currently marked for destruction anyway should be used for stem cell research.

And I'm saying, the ones that are currently marked for destruction anyway should be used for stem cell research.
I agree with you. They do not. They believe that they should be saved and no more created until they have all been implanted. Those who seek to have children can use those lives already created.

Qualified gay couples could not adopt a fertilized egg from a fertility clinic, unless they were lesbian.

However, they are working within their belief system, just as you do within yours. You expect them to dismiss what they believe to be right to fit into what you think is right. That is not "compromise".

There's a very easy solution.

Couples who want to try to adopt out their embryos should be allowed.

Couples who want them destroyed should be allowed.

Couples who want to donate them to medical science, should be allowed.

That way, no one's morality is enforced on the rest of us.

It isn't getting the embryos that's the problem.

It's just that Bush has used his executive privilidge to make sure that the NHI gives no money to fund those cell lines, no matter how much the directors of the NHI think it should be prioritized.

I all believe? Man, you have some reading comprehension issues. I said, "them" which means other than me and spoke nothing of "frozen people". You are creating strawmen at the level of expert, have you been taking lessons from Cypress?

I grow tired of people who attempt to give me my opinion then argue against that. It's rubbish.
I wan't really aiming at you. I was aiming at the biological totalitarians that think the popsicle people are the equivilent those already born. I am FINE with people that adopt their embryos to others and those that adopt embryos from. What I am NOT fine with is people like George W. Bush and the rest of the people that are fine with forceing children to be born into home that needs welfare but not providing the child with welfare attempting to take their very apparent limited scientific knowledge and legislate from their religious beliefs when it comes to stem cells. As was pointed out in the beginning of this post the stem cells created from adult skin cells CANNOT be used in the same way that embryonic stem cells can. If the embryos are going to be destroyed, and they ARE, we should benefit from that destruction.

Except yours onto theirs. They aren't changing laws they work to encourage others to adopt the product before it is destroyed. The only ones you can adopt are those agreed to be frozen to begin with. Many couples choose never to have them frozen and all excess are destroyed immediately.

I wan't really aiming at you. I was aiming at the biological totalitarians that think the popsicle people are the equivilent those already born. I am FINE with people that adopt their embryos to others and those that adopt embryos from. What I am NOT fine with is people like George W. Bush and the rest of the people that are fine with forceing children to be born into home that needs welfare but not providing the child with welfare attempting to take their very apparent limited scientific knowledge and legislate from their religious beliefs when it comes to stem cells. As was pointed out in the beginning of this post the stem cells created from adult skin cells CANNOT be used in the same way that embryonic stem cells can. If the embryos are going to be destroyed, and they ARE, we should benefit from that destruction.
Except the Harvard ones act as do embryonic stem cells. It was quite an extraordinary discovery. Personally instead of incinerating the tiny lives it would be better to use them for something that may benefit society. However, I can still understand their moral imperative to try.

I wonder how many innocent women and children have and will die of diseases because the pro-lifers value embyos over actual people? That's what it comes down to. Who is worth more? People or embryos?

I wonder how many innocent women and children have and will die of diseases because the pro-lifers value embyos over actual people? That's what it comes down to. Who is worth more? People or embryos?
To them they are the same thing. Small unprotected human beings.

If you believed fully that an embryo was a human would there be any objective reason that you could destroy them on any basis? They could not make the decision for themselves to submit to such.

The reality is people fail to ever "walk in the shoes" of another before they decide the other is just unreasonable because they don't share their opinion.

These people are in the minority, there is no reason to consistently fear that they'll take over so long as you get out and vote what you believe.

Why would anyone think that a microscopic embryo that has no feelings and no awareness of what it is, is the same as a dying 3 year old child?

Why would anyone think that a microscopic embryo that has no feelings and no awareness of what it is, is the same as a dying 3 year old child?
Whether it has feelings or not they believe that it is the image of the Deity in which they believe. Asking why does not again attempt to understand their view. Take it on and wear it for a short period.

If you believe that they are babies, what reason could you possibly come up with that it was okay to tear them apart for experiments?

Then after you honestly answer that question, again ask yourself why should you fear this small minority if you and others like you get out and vote how you believe?

I'm going to convince people that bacteria is the same as human life and ban people from killing them.

"Then after you honestly answer that question, again ask yourself why should you fear this small minority if you and others like you get out and vote how you believe?"

President Bush.......

And why don't we ever hear these same people crying and complaining about the same embryos being thrown away?

I'm going to convince people that bacteria is the same as human life and ban people from killing them.

"Then after you honestly answer that question, again ask yourself why should you fear this small minority if you and others like you get out and vote how you believe?"

President Bush.......
Bush has not banned any of the research and even continued funding it against the wishes of some using lines that existed.

That is some reason to "fear". And Bacteria is not human life, it would be hard to convince anybody that they are.

Back