Stop Talking About Wright, Start Talking About Ayers

SF
"2) Food riots: Someone posted a thread on this, but in case you missed it... it referred to the idiots in DC realizing how dumb it is to subsidize using food for fuel. If they do indeed end the subsidies for grain based ethanol, the food problem should be resolved for now."

I guess you missed my post on how the rising cost of fertilizer and shortages around the world are also contributin to the food price problems. There just seems to be a shortage of cheap food. There seems to be enough expensive food so far.

I didn't miss it, but what is even funnier is that items like apples have gone through the roof. Anyone who enters a grocery store knew that this wasn't about corn and biofuel. It is probably a contributing factor, but it's ONE contributinig factor.

That's the right for you though. Black and white. You are either with the corn, or you're with us. Pure stupidity.

I didn't miss it, but what is even funnier is that items like apples have gone through the roof. Anyone who enters a grocery store knew that this wasn't about corn and biofuel. It is probably a contributing factor, but it's ONE contributinig factor.

That's the right for you though. Black and white. You are either with the corn, or you're with us. Pure stupidity.

Greed mostly on the apples.
Or maybe they are not able to get illegal migrant workers anymore and are actually having to pay minimum wage to get em picked and packed ?

Greed mostly on the apples.
Or maybe they are not able to get illegal migrant workers anymore and are actually having to pay minimum wage to get em picked and packed ?

A lot of it is fuel costs. Diesel is even higher than regular oil, and those trucks only get a few miles to the gallon. Produce has to be shipped, unless you buy from local growers. Of course it's going to factor into rising food costs in a large way. Of course, I know nothing about the economy, so this is just a guess.

That is also a factor Darla. With the food cost rises it is not a simple as those on the right want to believe. EVIL ETHANOL :burn:

Back