Suggestion: allow thread bans AFTER a thread discussion starts

Maybe not in the software program, but it would be nice to have if it's possible.

There are a couple of posters here who simply derail threads with their posting. Once that starts, it would be a good function to be able to thread ban them retroactively.

Just contact one of the mods and ask that they ban someone from your active thread.

^^^^^^^
Here's a perfect example of someone on both my "thread ban" and "ignore" lists.

British Petroleum and I have no interest in sharing discourse with one another.

BidenPresident has no interest in sharing discourse with anyone. She is a troll. She often posts legitimate news articles but rarely/never adds context or commentary. Gee, you linked to NBC News. I never would have seen that article if you hadn't posted it on JPP. The rest of the time she snarks in one or two bitchy sentences to insult someone.

The problem, you start a thread and don't ban people. Then trolls like Diesel come on with juvenile insults. Then you have to ask moderator to ban that troll Diesel.

The problem, you start a thread and don't ban people. Then trolls like Diesel come on with juvenile insults. Then you have to ask moderator to ban that troll Diesel.

I'm not a troll. You just don't like me because I know that you're a vapid bitch and tell you straight to your face. You have never retroactively banned me from anything. At least I've never tried to post in a thread that you claim you had me banned from. It's dangerous when stupid people are also liars.

Maybe not in the software program, but it would be nice to have if it's possible.

There are a couple of posters here who simply derail threads with their posting. Once that starts, it would be a good function to be able to thread ban them retroactively.
It appears that option isn't in the software, but using the report function to ask for a member to be thread-banned should work.

Trolls vent. Many of us come here to discuss politics.

You don't think you're one of them do you? The troll is strong in you.

I'd be in favor of getting rid of thread bans period. The ignore function should be enough to get the job done. If you want to thread ban then you're not trying to avoid someone you don't like, you're trying to make sure other people don't see the person you don't like.

I don't use thread bans to preserve my sanity, I use them to troll. Not a lot, I hardly ever use them but when I do it's to troll a lot of motherfuckers at the same time. We should just eliminate thread bans and if you can't deal then maybe the internet isn't the place for you.

You don't think you're one of them do you? The troll is strong in you.

I'd be in favor of getting rid of thread bans period. The ignore function should be enough to get the job done. If you want to thread ban then you're not trying to avoid someone you don't like, you're trying to make sure other people don't see the person you don't like.

I don't use thread bans to preserve my sanity, I use them to troll. Not a lot, I hardly ever use them but when I do it's to troll a lot of motherfuckers at the same time. We should just eliminate thread bans and if you can't deal then maybe the internet isn't the place for you.

How do you know they are "Motherfuckers"?

Back