Support Obama? No communion for you.

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel3
  • Start date Start date
C

Cancel3

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27705755/?gt1=43001

A catholic priest has decided that anyone who voted for Obama should refrain from taking communion until they do penance for their "sin".

Now I understand that abortion is the only issue for some people. But for the majority of people it is not the only issue.

I think this move was a bit wacko.

This was quoted on another thread as advice to "Liberals".

"No matter how religious they may or may not be," Obama said, "people are tired of seeing faith used as a tool of attack. They don't want faith used to belittle or to divide."

Perhaps people other than "Liberals" need to take that advice on board?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27705755/?gt1=43001

A catholic priest has decided that anyone who voted for Obama should refrain from taking communion until they do penance for their "sin".

Now I understand that abortion is the only issue for some people. But for the majority of people it is not the only issue.

I think this move was a bit wacko.
M'eh. Just do your penance and shut up. Then you can have your religiously sanctioned wine you alchy... :D

M'eh. Just do your penance and shut up. Then you can have your religiously sanctioned wine you alchy... :D

The wine is great, but can we get some better snacks? Those crackers are terrible. They might be better with a bit of cheese.

Are you trying to bitch slap me with this thread? Its a Catholic Priest .. Catholics have a thing about Abortion...as do other faiths ... how many Catholics are going to listen to this bone head?

Solitary ... you didnt have to dig through the internet to find some outlandish Anti Christian Article... keep it up and I'll call you Robdawg.

Its funny how you guys dont like me using Obama's words against you ... lol

Are you trying to bitch slap me with this thread? Its a Catholic Priest .. Catholics have a thing about Abortion...as do other faiths ... how many Catholics are going to listen to this bone head?

Solitary ... you didnt have to dig through the internet to find some outlandish Anti Christian Article... keep it up and I'll call you Robdawg.

Its funny how you guys dont like me using Obama's words against you ... lol

First of all, I didn't dig thru the internet for anything. Its on the main page of MSN and its in "Today's Picks" as a top news story. In other words, in the center of the first page that opened when I turned on my computer this morning.

Second of all, I have no problem with you quoting Obama. I have not argued with it, complained about it or even addressed it.

Try and keep track of who says what before you go off, ok?

First of all, I didn't dig thru the internet for anything. Its on the main page of MSN and its in "Today's Picks" as a top news story. In other words, in the center of the first page that opened when I turned on my computer this morning.

Second of all, I have no problem with you quoting Obama. I have not argued with it, complained about it or even addressed it.

Well, if you were Onceler you would have found the story's opposite on Fox News and been "shocked" at how they were 'campaigning'.

Did you see the lol at the end of my statement..(that normally means joking around) try not being so sensitive.

No but he is under investigation for molesting young boys.
That will take a couple of years though.

Arnt they all under investigation? If they find it to be true, they will merely transfer to another parrish where they dont know about his proclivity toward boys.

The easy solution to that is to revoke their tax exempt status.
For what? Stating a religious opinion?

The priest cannot stop them from taking communion, he is ordered by the church to give it regardless. They show up, they stand in line, they get communion even if he thinks they are terrible for voting for Obama.

For what? Stating a religious opinion?

The priest cannot stop them from taking communion, he is ordered by the church to give it regardless. They show up, they stand in line, they get communion even if he thinks they are terrible for voting for Obama.

That's not a religious opinion. It's a political statement and if the Catholic Church (or any Church for that matter) wants to play politics, then they can pay the price for admission.

That's not a religious opinion. It's a political statement and if the Catholic Church (or any Church for that matter) wants to play politics, then they can pay the price for admission.
It isn't wholly either. However the status of their communion is a religious opinion.

It isn't wholly either. However the status of their communion is a religious opinion.

i disagree with you here

such a religious opinion has a great deal of force behind it (determined by the strength of a persons belief)

was the opinion given with the strength or accusation of having committed one of the deadly sins like murder - if so, then the person committing such a sin is condemned to hell

a lessor sin would cause additional time in purgatory

in any case, it would have the strength of the priests condemnation and advancement of breaking the recipients grace from god, not a trivial thing

i disagree with you here

such a religious opinion has a great deal of force behind it (determined by the strength of a persons belief)

was the opinion given with the strength or accusation of having committed one of the deadly sins like murder - if so, then the person committing such a sin is condemned to hell

a lessor sin would cause additional time in purgatory

in any case, it would have the strength of the priests condemnation and advancement of breaking the recipients grace from god, not a trivial thing
No, it wouldn't.

Specifically, per the church rules the Priest cannot refuse them communion because of this opinion. And even if it had the power you give it those who chose to follow his opinion would do a penance and then receive communion.

Back