Supreme Court Lets Guantanamo Prisoners Challenge Detention

Socrtease

Verified User
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365851,00.html

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court says foreign terrorism suspects held at Guantanamo Bay have rights under the Constitution to challenge their detention in U.S. civilian courts.

The justices, in a 5-4 ruling Thursday, handed the Bush administration its third setback at the high court since 2004 over its treatment of prisoners who are being held indefinitely and without charges at the U.S. naval base in Cuba.

It was not immediately clear whether this ruling, unlike the first two, would lead to prompt hearings for the detainees, some of whom have been held more than 6 years. Roughly 270 men remain at the island prison, classified as enemy combatants and held on suspicion of terrorism or links to al-Qaida and the Taliban.

Having not looked, I'm guessing we have a Alito, Scalia, Roberts Thomas minority here. You know, since Alito and Roberts are so moderate and mainstream.

Having not looked, I'm guessing we have a Alito, Scalia, Roberts Thomas minority here. You know, since Alito and Roberts are so moderate and mainstream.

Is there anyone on the court you (or a majority of people) would consider moderate or mainstream?

I hope all four die of a stroke. Soon.

You are a creep ...and a perfect example of why I could never call myself a lefty.

You wish people ill will... is this part of your all inclusive political beliefs? You are a fucking moron .... someone I would love to meet in person just so I could slap your punk ass around.

You are a creep ...and a perfect example of why I could never call myself a lefty.

You wish people ill will... is this part of your all inclusive political beliefs? You are a fucking moron .... someone I would love to meet in person just so I could slap your punk ass around.

Choke on a cock and die.

There are two on the court that are way out of the mainstream, Scalia and Thomas. In almost every 5-4 decision of the Roberts court, Robert and Alito have come down on the side of the crazies. That's all I'm saying.

This article sums it up pretty well:

http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?article=the_most_activist_court

I'm speaking in generalities here but with so many hot button issues how does one come down in the middle on some of them? It seems like you are on one side or the other.

There are two on the court that are way out of the mainstream, Scalia and Thomas. In almost every 5-4 decision of the Roberts court, Robert and Alito have come down on the side of the crazies. That's all I'm saying.

This article sums it up pretty well:

http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?article=the_most_activist_court

Your source=Hilarious!

And who are the crazies...? lol

I call people who see things in the Constitution that are not there ...the crazies...and activists.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365851,00.html

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court says foreign terrorism suspects held at Guantanamo Bay have rights under the Constitution to challenge their detention in U.S. civilian courts.

The justices, in a 5-4 ruling Thursday, handed the Bush administration its third setback at the high court since 2004 over its treatment of prisoners who are being held indefinitely and without charges at the U.S. naval base in Cuba.

It was not immediately clear whether this ruling, unlike the first two, would lead to prompt hearings for the detainees, some of whom have been held more than 6 years. Roughly 270 men remain at the island prison, classified as enemy combatants and held on suspicion of terrorism or links to al-Qaida and the Taliban.

I say we let Darwin decide. Give them all rafts. If they make it to Florida, they get a trial. No cheating and going back to Cuba.

Release them....!

Thats what I say...however before their release they should be given a complete medical examination and during the examination a implant chip (locator) should be placed in their bodies..they should then be sent back to exactly where they were taken into custody and dropped off!..They would be free to become contributing persons in a world society or become that which they were...at least the rats would return to the nest which could then be eliminated!:cool:

I hope they all get infected with a virus that makes them all follow the constitution and never fail to think of all the American people and how laws effect them.

That goes for all of them.

I hope they all get infected with a virus that makes them all follow the constitution and never fail to think of all the American people and how laws effect them.

That goes for all of them.

Well ..you better include your liberal wannabe Supreme Court Justices... because they are the ones that do not follow the Constitution... who sees things that are not there.

Liberal judges are the activists...

Well ..you better include your liberal wannabe Supreme Court Justices... because they are the ones that do not follow the Constitution... who sees things that are not there.

The problem with you is that you have no idea how little you know and are eager to show everyone.

Gee you have the talking points down huh?

Back