Supreme Court Lets Guantanamo Prisoners Challenge Detention

From Kennedy who wrote the opinion:

"The laws and Constitution are designed to survive, and remain in force, in extraordinary times. Liberty and security can be reconciled; and in our system they are reconciled within the framework of the law. The Framers decided that habeas corpus, a right of first importance, must be a part of that framework, a part of that law," Kennedy wrote.

Well ..you better include your liberal wannabe Supreme Court Justices... because they are the ones that do not follow the Constitution... who sees things that are not there.

Liberal judges are the activists...

Not so true, there are plenty of "activist" judges on the conservative side, just depends on the issue.

From Kennedy who wrote the opinion:

"The laws and Constitution are designed to survive, and remain in force, in extraordinary times. Liberty and security can be reconciled; and in our system they are reconciled within the framework of the law. The Framers decided that habeas corpus, a right of first importance, must be a part of that framework, a part of that law," Kennedy wrote.

Those voting against the Constitution in this case, the conservatives, are the activists. They are trying to overstep bounds, to accomidate a situation they belive needs accomidating, in doing so they are being activists.

So Jarod the expert....................

Not so true, there are plenty of "activist" judges on the conservative side, just depends on the issue.

did you ever get the unjust citation removed from your record? Talk about liberal activists...you take the award!:cof1:

Ive been WAITING to see if someone would mention this- I have an ENTIRE POST I could write on it.

Thanks to the Bleeding Heart Cowards in Congress, and Preesure from Judiciary, now Gitmo Terrorists will have access to the U.S. CONSTITUTION, AS IF THEY WERE CITIZENS! WHEHN, in the entire history of America, have we taken Terrorist Enemy Combatants OFF THE FIELD OF BATTLE, and then Mirandized THEM, AS IF THEY WERE A SHOPLIFTER?! THESE ARE OUR ENEMIES IN WAR, CAPTURED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, THEY ARE NOT U.S. CITIZENS!

When, before, have we given Enimies in Battle Constitutional Protections? So NOW, we have NO MORE RESPECT FOR OUR LAWS, AND JUST MAKE THEM UP, AS WE GO ALONG?

Jeffery Tubin, that Assh*le Liberal Mouthpiece from CNN, said "Well, it's another BUSH defeat!" WRONG, ASSH*LE! It's an AMERICAN DEFEAT. It's a Defeat for Our GRANDCHILREN!

Every Action has a RE-Action. This Bastardization of Our Laws will have TWO RE-Actions.
First, some of our Soldiers might NO LONGER "take prisoners"! WHY SHOULD OUR BRAVEST, MOST HEROIC YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN RISK THEIR BLOOD, THEIR LIVES, JUST FOR TERRORIST CODDLING DEMOCRAT BLEEDING HEARTS TO JUST TREAT THEM LIKE SHOPLIFTERS? TO GIVE THEM MIRANDA RIGHTS, AND CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTION?
Or, maybe we'll do what CLINTON did! We'll just SHIP THEM OFF, to "Secret Locations", like Saudi Prisons, where they will be "taken care of". Hey, BILL CLINTON DID IT!

It's INSANITY. And NOW, Obama Bin-Laden's driver and murdering thug, who ADMITTED HIS CRIMES, MAY HAVE TO BE LET GO, MAY BE RELEASED!

And you people want to put DEMOCRATS IN CHARGE?

Jeff the talking head is a 'Jackass'.............

Ive been WAITING to see if someone would mention this- I have an ENTIRE POST I could write on it.

Thanks to the Bleeding Heart Cowards in Congress, and Preesure from Judiciary, now Gitmo Terrorists will have access to the U.S. CONSTITUTION, AS IF THEY WERE CITIZENS! WHEHN, in the entire history of America, have we taken Terrorist Enemy Combatants OFF THE FIELD OF BATTLE, and then Mirandized THEM, AS IF THEY WERE A SHOPLIFTER?! THESE ARE OUR ENEMIES IN WAR, CAPTURED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, THEY ARE NOT U.S. CITIZENS!

When, before, have we given Enimies in Battle Constitutional Protections? So NOW, we have NO MORE RESPECT FOR OUR LAWS, AND JUST MAKE THEM UP, AS WE GO ALONG?

Jeffery Tubin, that Assh*le Liberal Mouthpiece from CNN, said "Well, it's another BUSH defeat!" WRONG, ASSH*LE! It's an AMERICAN DEFEAT. It's a Defeat for Our GRANDCHILREN!

Every Action has a RE-Action. This Bastardization of Our Laws will have TWO RE-Actions.
First, some of our Soldiers might NO LONGER "take prisoners"! WHY SHOULD OUR BRAVEST, MOST HEROIC YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN RISK THEIR BLOOD, THEIR LIVES, JUST FOR TERRORIST CODDLING DEMOCRAT BLEEDING HEARTS TO JUST TREAT THEM LIKE SHOPLIFTERS? TO GIVE THEM MIRANDA RIGHTS, AND CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTION?
Or, maybe we'll do what CLINTON did! We'll just SHIP THEM OFF, to "Secret Locations", like Saudi Prisons, where they will be "taken care of". Hey, BILL CLINTON DID IT!

It's INSANITY. And NOW, Obama Bin-Laden's driver and murdering thug, who ADMITTED HIS CRIMES, MAY HAVE TO BE LET GO, MAY BE RELEASED!

If he is so great at law...then why doesn't he put his so called Harvard training to use in the field instead of doing diatribes for CNN...'Communist News Network' aka Jane 'Hanoi' Fonda lovers...never mind CNN title explains all!

Just saw bush the great uniter talking on the decision, he says we will go along with the decision, but I don't like it or agree.

I would be very proud to work for the ACLU, unfortunantly they do not pay enough to keep my family fed.

Well that is awful greedy of you. You do not work for the ACLU for money. You do it for the important civil rights work they do. Are you one of those that believe in the ACLU, but do not want to be affected by the consequences of the actions of the ACLU. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is. You sound like you want to be a Limousine Liberal.

Well that is awful greedy of you. You do not work for the ACLU for money. You do it for the important civil rights work they do. Are you one of those that believe in the ACLU, but do not want to be affected by the consequences of the actions of the ACLU. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is. You sound like you want to be a Limousine Liberal.

HaHa, I mean this as no disrespect to Jarod but just yesterday my friend uscitizen told me that it's only "neo-cons" that care about money. Interesting huh?

This post is almost too incoherent to address but not quite. First off, This case is about whether or not prisoners, designated as enemy combatants have habeas rights so they can challenge their detention. It is not about Miranda or treating them like shop lifters or any of the other really ignorant spew that came out of your computer. Each of the petitioners in this particular case were determined to be enemy combatants and seek to have a final review of that determination. Habeas corpus does not JUST apply to american citizens only. Just as fourth amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizure do not ONLY apply to US Citizens. They apply to all people being tried or held by a state or the federal government. Go read the damn thing before you start spewing this all over the place. The court does a very thorough job of explaining the history of Habeas, and to whom they apply and the geographical boundaries of the constitution, which until of late has not been explored. It is a very densely packed read with a lot of information. Read it first THEN tell me what your problems with it are. Until then, save us some room on the server.

HaHa, I mean this as no disrespect to Jarod but just yesterday my friend uscitizen told me that it's only "neo-cons" that care about money. Interesting huh?

It is a fact. Liberals do not care about money. They just care about the entitlements that require other people's money.

It is a fact. Liberals do not care about money. They just care about the entitlements that require other people's money.

Did I say that only neocons care about money or that neocons only care about money ?

Can you keep anything straight ?

Did I say that only neocons care about money or that neocons only care about money ?

Can you keep anything straight ?

Why do Liberals keep asking for more money to go to their causes and requiring everyone else to provide that money? Have you ever heard of the Redistribution of Wealth. This is a Liberal agenda requiring other people's money to be given to those that never earned it.

What you do not seem to recognize is that Conservatives have no problem working to earn the money they have. Liberals have no problem requiring those that earned the money to give up their money so Liberals can spend it on whatever suits them in a free and unquestioning manner.

Why do Liberals keep asking for more money to go to their causes and requiring everyone else to provide that money? Have you ever heard of the Redistribution of Wealth. This is a Liberal agenda requiring other people's money to be given to those that never earned it.

What you do not seem to recognize is that Conservatives have no problem working to earn the money they have. Liberals have no problem requiring those that earned the money to give up their money so Liberals can spend it on whatever suits them in a free and unquestioning manner.

Liberals earn money too. I make money and do not complain about my taxes.

Cons want to keep it all themselves and liberals tend to want to share it.
a generalization to be sure, but generally true.
Selfish assed cons.

Liberals earn money too. I make money and do not complain about my taxes.

Cons want to keep it all themselves and liberals tend to want to share it.
a generalization to be sure, but generally true.
Selfish assed cons.

Conservatives earned their money and they do not tell you how to spend your money, why do you feel the need to tell them how to dispose of their money. You do not complain about your taxes because you are not paying the amount or the percentage that others are that work harder and make more than you do. How much would you have to be taxed before you complained that you are not able to keep more of what you earn? Of course, maybe you are just not paying your "fair share".

It is a bit disheartening to work hard for your money and then have your money taken from you and spent inefficiently.

Conservatives earned their money and they do not tell you how to spend your money, why do you feel the need to tell them how to dispose of their money. You do not complain about your taxes because you are not paying the amount or the percentage that others are that work harder and make more than you do. How much would you have to be taxed before you complained that you are not able to keep more of what you earn? Of course, maybe you are just not paying your "fair share".

It is a bit disheartening to work hard for your money and then have your money taken from you and spent inefficiently.

You think a CEO of a company works harder than I do?

LOL!

Keep em comin!

Back