Syria is about O-BOMB-YA's credibility?

Big Money

35b6t8p.jpg

It's a test case for Obama's credibility, credibility around the world, and credibility at home.

There is a common assumption that he can rally public opinion, he can lean on Congress, and ultimately they will force Democrats to say they don't like the policy, but they will say you can't let Obama go down and have his credibility destroyed.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/july-dec13/shieldsbrooks_09-06.html

I think Syria is about standing on the side of innocent people being killed with banned chemical weapons. Whether the world has the balls to enforce its own international laws is what's at question. I think they will not... even though our president wants them to. There have been plenty of instances in the past where they have failed to do so.

I think Syria is about standing on the side of innocent people being killed with banned chemical weapons. Whether the world has the balls to enforce its own international laws is what's at question. I think they will not... even though our president wants them to. There have been plenty of instances in the past where they have failed to do so.

I don't want to attack Syria so O-BOMB-YA can punish Assad for embarrassing him.

Amazing that a few have the urge to kill as long as someone else is doing the killing.

Desh turned down a 1-way ticket to Damascus yesterday.

You won't go there personally either, will you?

In the Washington Post, Michael Gerson argues that preserving the perception that "the commander in chief is fully in command" is so important that it would sometimes be worth supporting "wrong or pointless" wars in order to maintain it.

Put that way, it sounds shocking. One wonders how many human lives Gerson would sacrifice to prevent what he sees as a weakening of the presidency.

Yet every time anyone argues that America must go to war in Syria because of President Obama's "red line" comments and the impact a failure to follow through would have on American credibility, the same premise is implicit: Keeping a reputation for follow-through is, for these hawks, reason enough to wage war.

This aversion to Congress contradicting the president wasn't shared by the generation that gave us co-equal branches designed to check one another.

They expected that the legislature would often contradict the executive, including on matters of war, especially given the presence of both a lower and an upper body.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/09/presidents-shouldnt-be-able-to-credibly-threaten-wars-that-the-people-oppose/279410/

I think everybody that want’s to intervene in Syria’s civil war should grab the next transportation to the area and take whatever means to engage in war with them or donate to whatever cause there they’re comfortable with from afar.

The world community just like all authoritarian collectives is a fucking joke.

If national governments want to get in the middle of Syria’s civil war that’s their prerogative.

There is no imminent danger to America from the Syrian civil war.
There is no binding American national interest involved in Syria’s civil war.
America is 17 trillion $ in debt and has 1.5 trillion $ annual deficits. Involvement in Syria’s civil war would cost America “tens of millions of $” just by the pronouncement of America’s Secretary Of Defense which of course is a monumental under-statement.
A limited American attack on Syria would accomplish/solve what?
What would the unintended consequences be for America from an attack on Syria? The Russians, the Iranians.

What would the “end game” be for an American attack on Syria? What’s the exit strategy?
Where’s the proof of “WHO” actually used chemical weapons in Syria?
Where are the chemical weapons and how do we go about doing something about them?
What God died and left America in charge of the world?

OK! Now I’m open to all of the reasons America should attack Syria.

I don't want to attack Syria so O-BOMB-YA can punish Assad for embarrassing him.

Amazing that a few have the urge to kill as long as someone else is doing the killing.

Desh turned down a 1-way ticket to Damascus yesterday.

You won't go there personally either, will you?

I've already spent a tour getting shot at in the middle east... now it's your turn.

And if you think that Obama wants to bomb innocent civilians, either you haven't been paying attention, know nothing about the state of today's weaponry, or you're just a troll. which is it?

And I say again... if you think that Obama wants to bomb innocent civilians, either you haven't been paying attention, know nothing about the state of today's weaponry, or you're just a troll. which is it?

And I say again... if you think that Obama wants to bomb innocent civilians, either you haven't been paying attention, know nothing about the state of today's weaponry, or you're just a troll. which is it?

Who said he wants to?

But he will.

Collateral damage is damage to things that are incidental to the intended target. It is frequently used as a military term where it can refer to the incidental destruction of civilian property and non-combatant casualties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collateral_damage

We have no business attacking a sovereign nation that has done us no harm, do we?

I have known mm for over a decade now and he was navy for 2o years dude.

lie away about honorable service.
you lie all the time about all sorts of things.

bad info in means bad decisions out.

Your full of bad decisions due to your lie filled world

Back