Taliban Celebrate Three Years in Power with Parade at Bagram Air Base

The Taliban is a Islamist terror movement

Movements don't own countries

If that was the case I guess we should have gave back Germany to the Nazi movement in 1946
Er....no. The Germans lost. The Taliban won.

We should have recognized the Taliban government immediately. We welched and they became convinced that we were the infidels they always thought we were.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone speak in "support" the Taliban government of Afghanistan. Weird.
They needed support - and recognition- after the ignominious withdrawal. We failed all Afghan citizens- particularly the women and children.

Er....no. The Germans lost. The Taliban won.

We should have recognized the Taliban government immediately. We welched and they became convinced that we were the infidels they always thought we were.
And Israel won the land it controls in the 6-day war... Glad to see you fully support Israel

ER...no. The Taliban are indigenous to Afghanistan. The Israelis are European invaders and their occupation of Palestine is illegal.
It's also temporary.

They needed support - and recognition- after the ignominious withdrawal. We failed all Afghan citizens- particularly the women and children.

Yup. I feel so sorry for the women and girls of Afghanistan. Our western values don't always translate but I cannot see how the systematic abuse of women makes any country stronger.

We should have recognized the Taliban government immediately.

Disagree. The Taliban showed themselves over a very long period of time to be a most dangerous and abusive government. Our recognition of them only lends validity to them. Don't get me wrong: we NEEDED to get out of Afghanistan. Not sure it was handled well or even if it COULD have been different. But I don't think that requires us to then recognize the abusive and evil regime that took power.

We welched and they became convinced that we were the infidels they always thought we were.

Nah, they never stopped seeing us as infidels.

It's called the Graveyard of Empire for a reason. But Afghanistan was already pretty f'd up even before this most recent American incursion. I don't know if we could have done better....we tried but we ham-fisted our aid or the Afghanis themselves were incapable of creating a stable government but no matter, the Taliban never really went away and they just retreated to wait until our inevitable failure in Afghanistan.

Everyone pretty much knew this was going to happen. Once it was clear we couldn't get the Afghans to establish a stable government that could stand up to Taliban incursions we knew how it was going to end.

Back