Tax Rebate deal reached

how do u figure. everyone i talked to in my office about this last week all make over the 150k and they were talking about using it for downpayment on car, vacations, new tv, etc.

if they are married it wouldn't matter anyway because its $150k per household and $75 per person.

I'm sure even your lower levels aren't going to benefit from it either.

if they are married it wouldn't matter anyway because its $150k per household and $75 per person.

I'm sure even your lower levels aren't going to benefit from it either.

well these guys are tech developers and project managers. they make over 100k minimum individually. with duel income they usually are above 150 no problem.

this is another mixed message on the 200K or 250K middle class number.

If you want a bailout, which shouldn't happen, at least give it to the banks that hold bad Mortgage debt.

?!?! WFT?!?!

Conservatives like you drive me crazy, you think its better to give it to the very institutions that drove us to this fiasco!? That's absolutely the stupidest thing you could do.

I'd much rather it go back to the public.....WHO PAID INTO THE POOL in the first place.

Yeah, I think that this is true for the coasts. I’m not certain about other parts of the country, but I think that people on our areas are spending every cent they make and then some, regardless of income. I know people making 400k and they are spending every penny, no kidding. I mean, it’s sick. It’s all about having a bigger home, and more luxuries cars, and 1,200 dollar a night suites on vacations. So pretty much all of these guys are going to blow 1,200 bucks as soon as they get it, just on different things. They’re going to buy a bigger and newer tv for one thing. It’s money, it must be spent. There is always something bigger out there. You have to have it.

I think the cap is unnecessary if a bump in consumer spending is the goal…but DH is right too, they were going to draw the line somewhere. In order to be feasible, they had to.

I don't agree. We all paid into it, everyone should be able to benefit from it. The coastal middle class is getting screwed over on this one.

I did not even whine much at all about taxes when I was living from check to check. less than 3 years ago.

I never joined in on the rebublican tax whine mantra.

well i need to see the details of this plan so i can fix my 07 income to work for the rebate. put more into ira or something date back to 07

?!?! WFT?!?!

Conservatives like you drive me crazy, you think its better to give it to the very institutions that drove us to this fiasco!? That's absolutely the stupidest thing you could do.

It amazes me how many people respond to stuff they didn't even read, I clearly said it shouldn't happen.

well i need to see the details of this plan so i can fix my 07 income to work for the rebate. put more into ira or something date back to 07

Yeah but is it really worth tying up that much money just to get $600?

It amazes me how many people respond to stuff they didn't even read, I clearly said it shouldn't happen.

Yeah it is amazing that you don't read stuff that you respond to:

You said:
If you want a bailout, which shouldn't happen, at least give it to the banks that hold bad Mortgage debt.

Me said:
you think its better to give it to the very institutions that drove us to this fiasco!? ;

NOT once did I insinuate that you supported the bailout. You did however state that they should give it to banks if they are going to do one and I appropiately responded that your preference to bailout big business rather thatn the public is absurd and typical of deluded neocons.

yeah, but they NEED the tax rebate because their tax burden is so high.

/sarcasm

Why don’t you give me a break SF…you must understand that the concept behind this has nothing to do with need, and everything to do with boosting consumer spending, the bedrock of our economy now.

Those are the people who will spend it immediately, because they have nothing. Those are people who couldn’t afford to buy their kids Christmas gifts, and they don’t have video games and ipods, but they get this if they actually have their rent made that month, they go out and get their kid a game.

Of course, we can’t afford it and it’s not a solution it’s a band-aid. I’d put the money into job creations, high tech, preferably green technology and energy. Create good paying jobs, and that boosts the tax base and long term spending. It’s an actual investment that will realize returns…this is a botox shot. It ain’t gonna last and you still have those wrinkles.

I support niether they are both bad long term and are just political solutions not real ones. Giving money to individuals does nothing but create debt which in the long run makes it worse for individuals. I don't support a bailout because in the long run it becomes a moral hazerd and it will delay the negatives but if your looking at the short term it would at least get at the real problem. Again both are bad ideas, cut spending and let the market work its way to equialibrium.

Back