Teen birth rates highest in most religious states

I think some part of it, if not most of it, may be that they "frown" on killing unwanted lives and some of them face that responsibility.

I think some part of it, if not most of it, may be that they "frown" on killing unwanted lives and some of them face that responsibility.

I wondered about abortion rates, but the article states that that was taken into account in compiling those numbers.

I wondered about abortion rates, but the article states that that was taken into account in compiling those numbers.

"For instance, the results showed more abortions among teenagers in the less religious states, which would skew the findings since fewer teens in these states would have births"

then it goes on to say....

"But even after accounting for the abortions, the study team still found a state's level of religiosity could predict their teen birth rate. The higher the religiosity, the higher was the teen birth rate on average. "

Not sure I follow their line of thinking. Because they seem to go back to stating, the higher the religiosity the higher the birth rate. This doesn't appear to me to distinguish the religiosity's affect due to abortion or birth control.

┐(´-`)┌;520277 said:
your mom didn't seem to mind either way, she was quit the cougar ;)

My mom's 79 she's been trying to get a 19 yr old for a while. Thanks Grind I knew you wouldn't be a virgin forever

Back