Teen birth rates highest in most religious states

Was there EVER an exit poll as to the political affiliations of women who had abortions in ANY state in America? Just a thought.

Come now...you know the actual act of aborting a pregnancy is not political...or even a moral decision...its an act of desperation in most cases....

Those that are not in the situation can talk about politics and morals, but the women that is pregnant don't give a rats ass about politics or if they might be committing a sin.....

Right, left, rich or poor, fat or skinny ...whatever....the situation is the great equalizer...

Come now...you know the actual act of aborting a pregnancy is not political...or even a moral decision...its an act of desperation in most cases....

Those that are not in the situation can talk about politics and morals, but the women that is pregnant don't give a rats ass about politics or if they might be committing a sin.....

Right, left, rich or poor, fat or skinny ...whatever....the situation is the great equalizer...

Wow, the most reasonable post I have ever read of yours.

I assume you are just talking about women though?

The men anti abortion crusaders gripe my ass. Most of them probably do not even change diapers.

Well yea actually it is a good thing. Sex is a wonderfull thing and young people should and will enjoy it.

Should? I must object. Teens (especially of high school age) aren't as emotionally, physically, and mentally mature as, say, someone in their early 20s. I personally don't think anyone should be having sex before they graduate high school. In most cases, it will make their life more complicated. In some cases, it will seriously fuck up their life.

What's important is to teach them how to be responsible about sex. Sex was a very open topic in my house. Not only did I get taught the mechanics but I was also taught the values, such as, you don't want to be stuck at home or working 16 hours a day to raise a baby then you'd better think twice about having sex. Sex education works and abstinence as part of a well rounded sex education program is vital but abstinence only is utter stupidity.

I'm not certain I understand. You think teens should be encouraged to have sex, but you also believe abstinence should be taught? That doesn't make any sense. If you don't believe abstinence should be taught at all, you should be honest about it.

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
Was there EVER an exit poll as to the political affiliations of women who had abortions in ANY state in America? Just a thought.

Come now...you know the actual act of aborting a pregnancy is not political...or even a moral decision...its an act of desperation in most cases.... True enough. But since the PostModernFool attached a political bent to those who perform abortions...and no actual poll of the political affiliations of those who perform the operations exists to my knowledge....I was just curious about the patients, in case he was just referring to liberals in general..

Those that are not in the situation can talk about politics and morals, but the women that is pregnant don't give a rats ass about politics or if they might be committing a sin..... See above response

See above response

What's important is to teach them how to be responsible about sex. Sex was a very open topic in my house. Not only did I get taught the mechanics but I was also taught the values, such as, you don't want to be stuck at home or working 16 hours a day to raise a baby then you'd better think twice about having sex. Sex education works and abstinence as part of a well rounded sex education program is vital but abstinence only is utter stupidity.

I'm not certain I understand. You think teens should be encouraged to have sex, but you also believe abstinence should be taught? That doesn't make any sense. If you don't believe abstinence should be taught at all, you should be honest about it.

Nothing in his paragraph suggests a basis for what you say here. The man clearly establishes that proper education was NOT an encouragement per se. The problem a lot of people have with sex education advocates is a knee jerk reaction to think they are promoting sex education. Well, with decades of nearly NO sex education (or the half hearted attempts thus used) we've seen an explosion of pre-marital sex among teens....so there's no "encouragement" needed.

Nothing in his paragraph suggests a basis for what you say here. The man clearly establishes that proper education was NOT an encouragement per se. The problem a lot of people have with sex education advocates is a knee jerk reaction to think they are promoting sex education. Well, with decades of nearly NO sex education (or the half hearted attempts thus used) we've seen an explosion of pre-marital sex among teens....so there's no "encouragement" needed.

I agree with you. However, Mott said that teens should be enjoying sex, while on the other hand he said abstinence should be encouraged. This seems like a contradiction to me. I personally think it's pretty simple: teach the value of abstinence alongside safe sex. Explain the benefits of abstinence, but add that if they're going to have sex (most of them will), they need to play it safe. They also need to be told that even the safest sex doesn't always protect them from STDs. HPV is a good example of this.

Wow, the most reasonable post I have ever read of yours.

I assume you are just talking about women though?

The men anti abortion crusaders gripe my ass. Most of them probably do not even change diapers.

Personally, its a despicable act....but my objection to it can't and shouldn't prevent others from doing what they see as a necessary thing.....its legality is a settled issue...

My only objection to the politics of abortion is the lefts refusal to admit to the scientific fact that it is terminating a human life....granted that life is in its earliest stages of development, but its undeniable, it IS a distinct human life, not just some blob of tissue.....do it if you must, but don't deny whats being done....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Taichiliberal

I agree with you. However, Mott said that teens should be enjoying sex, while on the other hand he said abstinence should be encouraged. This seems like a contradiction to me. I personally think it's pretty simple: teach the value of abstinence alongside safe sex. But that's what Mott said, as I read it. Explain the benefits of abstinence, but add that if they're going to have sex (most of them will), they need to play it safe. They also need to be told that even the safest sex doesn't always protect them from STDs. HPV is a good example of this.

I believe you and Mott are in sync on this. I agree with you here. I've always maintained that comprehensive sex education from Junior through senior high school would be a strong deterrent to unwanted pregnancies,and thereby severely limit the need for abortions.

Personally, its a despicable act....but my objection to it can't and shouldn't prevent others from doing what they see as a necessary thing.....

My only objection to the politics of abortion is the lefts refusal to admit to the scientific fact that it is terminating a human life....granted that life is in its earliest stages of development, but its undeniable, it IS a distinct human life, not just some blob of tissue.....

I do not think it is a casual act at all with most who have it done. I am sure there are exceptions though. There are cold hearted bastards and basterdsses out there.

Back