Thank you Mr. President!

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel4
  • Start date Start date
C

Cancel4

President Barack Obama said today that the economy will turn around in the short term and the nation will prosper in the long term.

"I'm absolutely confident that we can, at this period of difficulty, prove, once again, what this nation can achieve when challenged," President Obama said.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said "There is a sense that the beginnings of stabilization are taking hold, and hopefully the worst job loss are behind us. I do think there's obvious evidence that the recovery plan is working."

what exactly is he responsible for? much of the recovery is still part of bush's recovery plan....

how partisan to not thank bush as well

President Barack Obama said today that the economy will turn around in the short term and the nation will prosper in the long term.

"I'm absolutely confident that we can, at this period of difficulty, prove, once again, what this nation can achieve when challenged," President Obama said.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said "There is a sense that the beginnings of stabilization are taking hold, and hopefully the worst job loss are behind us. I do think there's obvious evidence that the recovery plan is working."

He is at least trying to inspire instead of 911. 911. 911!

Good going Mr. President.

you mean after he fear mongered the crap out of people to pass his stimulus and then magically a couple weeks later he says the economy is doing better :rolleyes:

Guess I missed that one. I thought it was all Bush's economy and the fear was implemented under him. Does the eye roll mean you are being sarcastic?

People have a tendency to believe the President, and when the President reports the nation is doing better, they have faith and respond in kind.

It is called psychology and it works very well on the very gullible American people, now, if you don't fall, it is because you have educated yourself to believe otherwise, but the average American citizen only watches the evening news or reads the newspaper and tend to believe what they read without further investigation.

Sad fact, but true, watched it for many years now. Some Presidents have even convinced Americans to believe some very foolish things.

Be glad you educate yourself, and that you have that other side here to help balance you out in your thinking.

Guess I missed that one. I thought it was all Bush's economy and the fear was implemented under him. Does the eye roll mean you are being sarcastic?

People have a tendency to believe the President, and when the President reports the nation is doing better, they have faith and respond in kind.

It is called psychology and it works very well on the very gullible American people, now, if you don't fall, it is because you have educated yourself to believe otherwise, but the average American citizen only watches the evening news or reads the newspaper and tend to believe what they read without further investigation.

Sad fact, but true, watched it for many years now. Some Presidents have even convinced Americans to believe some very foolish things.

Be glad you educate yourself, and that you have that other side here to help balance you out in your thinking.

please tell me you're kidding....you don't remember obama running around the country telling people that if his spendulus plan doesn't pass we are going to fall off the deep end.....

if you don't remember that....GOOGLE it....heck it was talked about on this board quite a bit

Yes, let's thank Bush as well. After 7+ years of completely ignoring the economy, he helped pass the bank bailout - even though he couldn't even really muster his own party's support as a lame duck - in his final days.

When the economy recovers, it will no doubt be due to his efforts.

Yes, let's thank Bush as well. After 7+ years of completely ignoring the economy, he helped pass the bank bailout - even though he couldn't even really muster his own party's support as a lame duck - in his final days.

When the economy recovers, it will no doubt be due to his efforts.

you're so partisan you don't even realize that bush disregarded politics in order to better, what he believed, the country.....

come on....as if he really ignored the economy...no wonder you have been running and ignoring my posts lately....my bad, i thought you wanted honest debates.....

Oh brother...

The Obama waved his magic wand and poof our economy is saved..All in six months..All the while bleeding us American citizens dry..

Thank you Dear Leader, we will make that statue of you next week.

Last edited:
you're so partisan you don't even realize that bush disregarded politics in order to better, what he believed, the country.....

come on....as if he really ignored the economy...no wonder you have been running and ignoring my posts lately....my bad, i thought you wanted honest debates.....

Bush helping the country or bailing out his buddies in the finiancial industry?

A final gift of corporate welfare?

"no wonder you have been running and ignoring my posts lately"

Yep. No wonder.

the thread about honduras president not resigning, you accused me of changing the subject, i pointed you to the OP as proof that i did not change the subject....perhaps you just "forgot"

Oh brother...

The Obama waved his magic wand and poof our economy is saved..All in six months..All the while bleeding us American citizens dry..

Thank you Dear Leader, we will make that statue of you next week.

Unemployment is expected to be in the double-digits. Obama's so-called stimulus package hasn't worked and the Bush stimulus package didn't work. It's all wasted money. It's ALL Obama's baby now. The time for the blame game is over for him and he has to accept it.

Unemployment is expected to be in the double-digits. Obama's so-called stimulus package hasn't worked and the Bush stimulus package didn't work. It's all wasted money. It's ALL Obama's baby now. The time for the blame game is over for him and he has to accept it.

LMAO, although it isn't funny , I sit here reading about the messiah and the news on the tv is talking about unemployment being high as hell and the Government made a mistake so it will be a little longer before the country gets better, seems they didn't think there would be so many more people losing there jobs, hmmm Obama is right on top of things, Guess that's what happens when ya elect a Jr senator with no experience at all, ooo wait he went to Iraq for 4 days:rolleyes:

LMAO, although it isn't funny , I sit here reading about the messiah and the news on the tv is talking about unemployment being high as hell and the Government made a mistake so it will be a little longer before the country gets better, seems they didn't think there would be so many more people losing there jobs, hmmm Obama is right on top of things, Guess that's what happens when ya elect a Jr senator with no experience at all, ooo wait he went to Iraq for 4 days:rolleyes:

If you really want a good laugh, check out Obama's voting record in Illinois.

Both are talking through their asses.

Back