The best part of the ignore feature

We come here for different reasons.
I'm not PoliTalker.
I don't come here expecting civil debate, just like I don't go to the butcher shop to buy a new suit.

I come here to vent, so whether or not anybody reads or responds to my posts is largely irrelevant.
I can't go out on the street and start screaming obscenities and threats at anyone with a Trump sign on his lawn.
I'd like to, but we have police in this community, and when they're not at Dunkin Donuts, they actually do their jobs (without even murdering black people).

So I come to extend my cyber middle finger at the trumpanzees over here.
It's not very rewarding or satisfying, unfortunately, but it's something, and being a retired senior, I have time on my hands.

The ignore feature hides my targets, so I don't use it.
Those with the Pollyanna goal of seeking civil conversation might, on the other hand, find it useful.

Your ignore list is as long as my forearm, you snowflake pussy!

We come here for different reasons.
I'm not PoliTalker.
I don't come here expecting civil debate, just like I don't go to the butcher shop to buy a new suit.

I come here to vent, so whether or not anybody reads or responds to my posts is largely irrelevant.
I can't go out on the street and start screaming obscenities and threats at anyone with a Trump sign on his lawn.
I'd like to, but we have police in this community, and when they're not at Dunkin Donuts, they actually do their jobs (without even murdering black people).

So I come to extend my cyber middle finger at the trumpanzees over here.
It's not very rewarding or satisfying, unfortunately, but it's something, and being a retired senior, I have time on my hands.

The ignore feature hides my targets, so I don't use it.
Those with the Pollyanna goal of seeking civil conversation might, on the other hand, find it useful.

You do realize that you just admitted that you basically come here to troll?

'troll verb [I or T] (ANNOY)

informal
to leave an insulting or offensive message on the internet in order to upset someone, or to get attention or cause trouble:'

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/troll

You seem to have above average intelligence and knowledge.

Surely there are better/cooler/more constructive ways than trolling to blow off your anger/frustration?

Last edited:
You do realize that you just admitted that you basically come here to troll?

'troll verb [I or T] (ANNOY)

informal
to leave an insulting or offensive message on the internet in order to upset someone, or to get attention or cause trouble:'

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/troll

You seem to have above average intelligence and knowledge.

Surely there are better/cooler/more constructive ways than trolling to blow off your anger/frustration?

Not an accurate assessment, but perhaps an easy mistake to make..

Trolling is to annoy others.
Venting is to relieve oneself.

I assume that everybody who strongly dislikes my post has me on ignore, but if they don't, that option is available to them.
I have over sixty people on ignore myself.

I vent to satisfy me, not to annoy you.
For me, JPP is a forum more for monologue than dialogue.
Very few have actual joint discourse with me.
Most of the subscribers who do read my posts regularly understand this.

Not an accurate assessment, but perhaps an easy mistake to make..

Trolling is to annoy others.
Venting is to relieve oneself.

I assume that everybody who strongly dislikes my post has me on ignore, but if they don't, that option is available to them.
I have over sixty people on ignore myself.

I vent to satisfy me, not to annoy you.
For me, JPP is a forum more for monologue than dialogue.
Very few have actual joint discourse with me.
Most of the subscribers who do read my posts regularly understand this.

Okay.
I must say your answers have a more refreshing air to them then most.

But anyway you typed earlier:

'So I come to extend my cyber middle finger at the trumpanzees over here.'

And once again, the definition of a troll that I posted above was;
'to leave an insulting or offensive message on the internet in order to upset someone, or to get attention or cause trouble:''

If you just enter a thread and give the verbal 'finger' to someone?
Clearly you are doing it to irritate/upset them.
You find satisfaction in the knowledge that you have irritated someone whom you find irritating.
Why else would you do it?

Sorry man...by definition?
That IS troll behavior.
That is not me judging it...that is the definition.

Okay.
I must say your answers have a more refreshing air to them then most.

But anyway you typed earlier:

'So I come to extend my cyber middle finger at the trumpanzees over here.'

And once again, the definition of a troll that I posted above was;
'to leave an insulting or offensive message on the internet in order to upset someone, or to get attention or cause trouble:''

If you just enter a thread and give the verbal 'finger' to someone?
Clearly you are doing it to irritate/upset them.
You find satisfaction in the knowledge that you have irritated someone whom you find irritating.
Why else would you do it?

Sorry man...by definition?
That IS troll behavior.
That is not me judging it...that is the definition.

I appreciate your point, but I don't see it that way.

Flashing my middle finger at them makes me feel better.
I have no idea if they even see it or not.
If they do, I can't imagine that they give too much of a fuck about it.
It's to make me feel better with no considration of them whatsoever.

I constantly unload on PoliTalker whose posts have the effect of trolling on me.
But I know that he/she/it has me on ignore. Thus, it's obviously for my amusement, not his/her/its consternation.

I appreciate your point, but I don't see it that way.

Flashing my middle finger at them makes me feel better.
I have no idea if they even see it or not.
If they do, I can't imagine that they give too much of a fuck about it.
It's to make me feel better with no considration of them whatsoever.

I constantly unload on PoliTalker whose posts have the effect of trolling on me.
But I know that he/she/it has me on ignore. Thus, it's obviously for my amusement, not his/her/its consternation.

You do things that you know could cause others harm?
And yet you have ZERO?
Absolutely no consideration of your actions as to how they may affect others?

I am afraid that what you are describing is a personality disorder.

https://www.healthyplace.com/person...t-self-love/empathy-and-personality-disorders

No offense intended.

Last edited:
You do things that you know could cause others harm?
And yet you have ZERO?
Absolutely no consideration of your actions as to how they may affect others?

I am afraid that what you are describing is a personality disorder.

https://www.healthyplace.com/person...t-self-love/empathy-and-personality-disorders

No offense intended.

None taken. I didn't draw my own blueprint. Nobody does.
I'm not concerned about doing harm to internet characters with anonymous user names.
Nor are they concerned about doing harm to me.
We're not people here. We're just a bunch of ones and zeroes.

Everyone starts the same way.

For youth hockey there’s no more than two strides allowed per check.

https://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0076/3731/Checking_Manual_FINAL.pdf

charging, carrying, walking, double dribble, goal tending

00FREETHROWS2-superJumbo.jpg

There is one guy here who is a terrible and proud bigot. His hateful speech and name calling is disgusting. I do not want to read his foul bigoted posts.I have him on ignore.
There is another who will fill pages with consecutive responses that are essentially the same. He isn't worth the aggravation. I have him on ignore too.

an advantage of the new format is that when people quote someone you have on ignore you no longer see what they said........

There is one guy here who is a terrible and proud bigot. His hateful speech and name calling is disgusting. I do not want to read his foul bigoted posts.I have him on ignore.
There is another who will fill pages with consecutive responses that are essentially the same. He isn't worth the aggravation. I have him on ignore too.
Like the ignorant and cowardly leftist?

Indeed. There are a few people on this forum that only come here to harass others.

Back