The bible

I have pointed this out to you before but you tend to ignore facts.......specifically, Reformed Protestantism, which encompasses my segment of Christianity does not believe in inerrancy...
they believe that the Bible is infallible, which is inherent in Sola Scriptura.....

https://www.ligonier.org/learn/articles/what-does-sola-scriptura-mean

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_infallibility#:~:text=Biblical%20infallibility%20is%20the%20belief,fail%20to%20accomplish%20its%20purpose.%22

I'll take your word for it that there is this massively huge and gigantically important distinction between inerrant and infallible.

I'll take your word for it that there is this massively huge and gigantically important distinction between inerrant and infallible.

I am always fascinated by the sui generis definitions that are used in exegeses. It feels at times that some religious sects actively WANT TO HALT communication by assigning special meaning to common terms such that no one can agree on anything. I suspect it helps explain many aspects of the Bible.

I am always fascinated by the sui generis definitions that are used in exegeses. It feels at times that some religious sects actively WANT TO HALT communication by assigning special meaning to common terms such that no one can agree on anything. I suspect it helps explain many aspects of the Bible.

I am convinced that your garden variety holy roller just really doesn't know very much about their own religion. Every time they manage to blurt out a biblical quote, or hold forth the bible as the only religious and ecclesiastical authority, they do not realize their form of biblical literalism practiced by Reformed Protestants, Baptists, Evangelicals is a minority view in world Christianity.

So you believe the Bible is inerrant but you cannot discuss any specific verse in detail?

what a fucking idiot.......you quote a post in which I state I do not believe the Bible is inerrant and you respond "so you believe the Bible is inerrant".......did you sell your brain for drugs?.........

or you could read the link I previously provided which explained the difference.......or if you prefer you could just look it up yourself.....

I am convinced that your garden variety holy roller just really doesn't know very much about their own religion. Every time they manage to blurt out a biblical quote, or hold forth the bible as the only religious and ecclesiastical authority, they do not realize their form of biblical literalism practiced by Reformed Protestants, Baptists, Evangelicals is a minority view in world Christianity.

I thought since you pretend to know so much about the subject that you already knew the differenced between inerrancy and infallibility.......even so, there is no excuse for you to continue lying after you've been corrected regarding the beliefs of Reformed Protestants......

I thought since you pretend to know so much about the subject that you already knew the differenced between inerrancy and infallibility.......even so, there is no excuse for you to continue lying after you've been corrected regarding the beliefs of Reformed Protestants......

The minutia of word smithing is not my forte.

My experience is that when people spend an inordinate time word-smithing, they are really just trying to get a story to fit their preconceived ideology

what a fucking idiot.......you quote a post in which I state I do not believe the Bible is inerrant and you respond "so you believe the Bible is inerrant".......did you sell your brain for drugs?.........

It was unclear from your phrasing.

And could you JUST ONCE be a decent person and NOT a fucking bastard? I know that's what your God wants you to be, but do try to be a decent person ONCE in a while.

What's the diff between inerrant and infallible?

or you could read the link I previously provided which explained the difference.......or if you prefer you could just look it up yourself.....

I don't care about hyperlinks or the subatomic minutia of word-smithing. I have a veritable bookshelf of my own on the topic of world religions.

I have a decent working knowledge of the three themes of Reformed and Lutheran Protestantism: sola sciptura, sola gratia, sola fide. I read an entire course book about it by the noted Protestant theologian Philip Carey.

I understand perfectly well in plain English that Protestantism generally does not expect high school dropouts on their own to interpret scripture. A certain amount of tradition has to be accounted for. But there is not the slightest doubt that the Reformed, Baptist, and Evangelical traditions are generally biblical literalists and refuse to look to any religious authority or tradition outside the canon for alternative interpretations of scripture - at least not to the extent other Christian traditions do.

The minutia of word smithing is not my forte.

My experience is that when people spend an inordinate time word-smithing, they are really just trying to get a story to fit their preconceived ideology

on the other hand there's the fact we've identified the fact you are wrong, don't give a fuck and intend to continue stating what isn't true...par for the fucking course, liar......

I don't care about hyperlinks or the subatomic minutia of word-smithing. I have a veritable bookshelf of my own on the topic of world religions.

I have a decent working knowledge of the three themes of Reformed and Lutheran Protestantism: sola sciptura, sola gratia, sola fide. I read an entire course book about it by the noted Protestant theologian Philip Carey.

I understand perfectly well in plain English that Protestantism generally does not expect high school dropouts on their own to interpret scripture. A certain amount of tradition has to be accounted for. But there is not the slightest doubt that the Reformed, Baptist, and Evangelical traditions are generally biblical literalists and refuse to look to any religious authority or tradition outside the canon for alternative interpretations of scripture - at least not to the extent other Christian traditions do.

and yet, you remain wrong, as proved......you are free to repeat all the lies you wish.......but that leaves you a liar as opposed to a scholar......on the other hand, should you care to even comment on the link I provided it is there, perhaps you know, provide even a scrap of you pretended extensive knowledge.......otherwise, remain ignorant......

on the other hand there's the fact we've identified the fact you are wrong, don't give a fuck and intend to continue stating what isn't true...par for the fucking course, liar......

I have understood for nearly half a century the concept that humans are capable of error in translating or interpreting the bible, even when the canon itself is considered inspired and reliable divine knowledge.

I didn't need to delve into the subatomic minutia of word smithing to understand the concept.

I leave you to root around in the subatomic world of trivial word-parsing.

My mission is the aquisition of basic working knowledge about world religious belief and religious philosophy.

From what I can gather, infallibility is the broader term than inerrancy but really that's not a particularly meaningful differentiation.

If there can be no error (infallible) then there will be no error (inerrant).

sorry.....actually read the article this time......they are completely different things......

I have understood for nearly half a century the concept that humans are capable of error in translating or interpreting the bible, even when the canon itself is considered inspired and reliable divine knowledge.

good for you.......John Calvin knew the same thing centuries ago.......yet you lie and say he believed the Bible to be inerrant.....obviously you are NOT inerrant.....

Back