The bible

you've missed the basic message

Does the basic message do YOU any good? You seem like one of the most unpleasant people around. Is this what your "faith" gets you?

.......First, you need to believe........loving people is the result, not the cause......

You know you can love and care for people even if you don't believe whatever it is your particular sect believes. You don't have a corner on love of others. In fact, given your posting behavior on here, I'd say you appear to be missing the "result".

Quite badly.

You know you can love and care for people even if you don't believe whatever it is your particular sect believes. You don't have a corner on love of others. .

for the life of me, I can't understand why you think you're worth it.....did you really think God asks us to love those who have chosen to despise him and those who believe in him?.......you aren't our enemies, you're just the garbage our enemy has left behind....

If you read the Bible and don't gain salvation, you wasted your time

Reading the bible has nothing to do with salvation.

The New Testament didn't even exist until the third century AD.

Until 150 years ago, most people in Europe and North America were illiterate.

If you ever get around to reading the bible yourself, the epistles of Paul are the best New Testament source for what constitutes salvation.

If you ever get around to reading the bible yourself, the epistles of Paul are the best New Testament source for what constitutes salvation.

Reading the Bible without salvation, is like studying a car manual you didn't buy!
Why are you petrified of finding God?

I read the Bible After my Epiphany.

So am I allowed to study the Baghavad Gita, The Analects, the Daodejing even if I am not Hindu, Confucian, or Daoist?

But I believe the rule is you must BELIEVE all of them are true before you can read them properly. Sorry but them's the rules.

That's why an all-knowing, all-loving God invented writing in the first place: just another way to keep people from understanding things by hiding truth in words behind magic walls of understanding.

Almost like some sort of GNOSTIC WRITING! :)

But I believe the rule is you must BELIEVE all of them are true before you can read them properly. Sorry but them's the rules.

That's why an all-knowing, all-loving God invented writing in the first place: just another way to keep people from understanding things by hiding truth in words behind magic walls of understanding.

Almost like some sort of GNOSTIC WRITING! :)

Strange rules, for sure.

The most important book in the history of western civilization, and we are not allowed to study it until we've been baptized and saved??

I seriously doubt any genuine Daoist would scold me for studying the Daodejing if I am not first and foremost a practicing Daoist.

Strange rules, for sure.

The most important book in the history of western civilization, and we are not allowed to study it until we've been baptized and saved??

I seriously doubt any genuine Daoist would scold me for studying the Daodejing if I am not first and foremost a practicing Daoist.

Not all Christians think this way. Here's an example of a different approach:

When People Curious About Faith Join Your Bible Study | cru.org

Sidenote, I just found this website, so I don't vouch for it, I just thought the article above was a better approach then some Christians here seem to have. Here is their about page:
https://www.cru.org/us/en/about.html

Not all Christians think this way. Here's an example of a different approach:

When People Curious About Faith Join Your Bible Study | cru.org

Sidenote, I just found this website, so I don't vouch for it, I just thought the article above was a better approach then some Christians here seem to have. Here is their about page:
https://www.cru.org/us/en/about.html

I know plenty of genuine practicing christians who would never criticize me for studying the New Testament on my own terms.

Strange rules, for sure.

You can read it all you want, but if you don't believe it, you're wasting your time

I know plenty of genuine practicing christians who would never criticize me for studying the New Testament on my own terms.

You just don't get it,the Bible was written to help you get eternal life. But your choice if you prefer dust to dust,that's your choice!
Not all "practicing Christians" are Christian!
"Many come in my name but they aren't mine"

Back