The bible

Okay, so this is your tacit confession that you don't actually know what the council of Niccea was about, nor understand that Christianity was debating both the nature of Jesus' divinity and his humanity at that time.

Again you listen and follow what organized religion says.
And completely ignore the words of Jesus.
This is why you live in spiritual babble.

It cannot be "very clear" to you that I have not...BECAUSE I MOST ASSUREDLY HAVE READ ROMANS.
I don't believe you. Otherwise, you would know the answer to your question.

Romans does not answer my question.
Yes, it does.

My question is, From WHAT do they have to be saved?
... and that question is answered in the book of Romans, among other places, but Romans goes into depth about why it was necessary for Jesus to die on the cross (iow, the "what" mankind has to be saved from).

Romans does not answer that question...
Yes, it does, if you'd actually read it.

neither does anything else,
Other scriptures answer that question as well, if you'd actually read them.

especially people like you who like to pretend you have.
I've told you specifically where to look. I cannot read the book of Romans for you; only you can do that. There's no point in me discussing specific passages within Romans if you have no desire to read and comprehend the material therein. I've led you to the water; it's now up to you whether you drink it or not.

You have NOT answered my question...
I've told you specifically where to look for the answer to your question, if you were actually interested in learning about it.

and now you are just being silly about it.
The silliness is yours. I've told you where to look. Once you familiarize yourself with the material, and have a genuine desire to seek the answer to your question, I'd be happy to discuss the specifics with you.

I suspect that is because I have my own answer to the question...
... and BINGO. You've now said the quiet part out loud. As I already knew from the outset, you truly have no desire to learn about The Bible (and in extension, Christianity). You've already made up your own mind on the matter, and are pretending that a biblical answer (as detailed in the book of Romans, for example) does not exist so that only your own predetermined answer remains. At this point, there is nothing I can say or do to help you.

and it puts that god of yours in a horrible light.
Yes. The Church of No God indeed does tend to condemn/hate the Christian God even though they claim that he doesn't exist. The Church of No God, in that case, is quite literally condemning/hating a supposedly non-existent entity. How rational is THAT?

Based on this particular comment alone, I take it that you are claiming to believe that the Christian God DOES exist but you are simply choosing to reject him as your God because you don't like him. If you've in the past made claim to the Church of No God religion, which I suspect that you have done before, then you'd be in a real pickle of a paradox here.

Last edited:
???....that isn't even what we are discussing

That is EXACTLY what we are discussing. What do you think the Council of Nicaea was doing????

.....what the fuck are you going on about now......are you turning three in one into seperate but equal?......Jesus isn't "like" God......Jesus IS God.....that is what all Christians believe.......THAT is why its in the creeds

BECAUSE IT WASN"T ORIGINALLY UNIVERSAL TO ALL CHRISTIANS.

Not all Christians are Christians!
" Many come in my name but they aren't mine"

So let me see if I understand your point. In your imagination there was an ORIGINAL CHRISTIANITY which looks exactly like your particular sect's beliefs and it has existed since the dawn of Christianity, since Christ's resurrection, but that mysteriously hundreds and thousands of independent "heresies" developed to hide that original perfected faith.

It was only through the hard work of the orthodoxy to ensure that all those other variants were removed leaving only YOUR SECT as the TRUE FAITH.

You know you have exactly ZERO evidence for anything even remotely like that.

Perhaps YOU can tell us what the history of your faith looks like. I honestly would love to see what you know. You hide your knowledge SO WELL.

Okay, so this is your tacit confession that you don't actually know what the council of Niccea was about, nor understand that Christianity was debating both the nature of Jesus' divinity and his humanity at that time.

to the contrary.....I have just established that I know what it was about and you do not......Christianity was debating divinity and humanity and throwing out those who denied his divinity......

That is EXACTLY what we are discussing. What do you think the Council of Nicaea was doing????

BECAUSE IT WASN"T ORIGINALLY UNIVERSAL TO ALL CHRISTIANS.

lol....do you think they didn't believe he was divine before Nicaea?........the heretics denied it and were chucked.......those who chucked them didn't just start believing it then.....they always had......

So let me see if I understand your point. In your imagination there was an ORIGINAL CHRISTIANITY which looks exactly like your particular sect's beliefs and it has existed since the dawn of Christianity, since Christ's resurrection, but that mysteriously hundreds and thousands of independent "heresies" developed to hide that original perfected faith.

It was only through the hard work of the orthodoxy to ensure that all those other variants were removed leaving only YOUR SECT as the TRUE FAITH.

You know you have exactly ZERO evidence for anything even remotely like that.

Perhaps YOU can tell us what the history of your faith looks like. I honestly would love to see what you know. You hide your knowledge SO WELL.

You're an atheist, why waste my time with you.

I don't believe you. Otherwise, you would know the answer to your question.

Yes, it does.

... and that question is answered in the book of Romans, among other places, but Romans goes into depth about why it was necessary for Jesus to die on the cross (iow, the "what" mankind has to be saved from).

Yes, it does, if you'd actually read it.

Other scriptures answer that question as well, if you'd actually read them.

I've told you specifically where to look. I cannot read the book of Romans for you; only you can do that. There's no point in me discussing specific passages within Romans if you have no desire to read and comprehend the material therein. I've led you to the water; it's now up to you whether you drink it or not.

I've told you specifically where to look for the answer to your question, if you were actually interested in learning about it.

The silliness is yours. I've told you where to look. Once you familiarize yourself with the material, and have a genuine desire to seek the answer to your question, I'd be happy to discuss the specifics with you.

... and BINGO. You've now said the quiet part out loud. As I already knew from the outset, you truly have no desire to learn about The Bible (and in extension, Christianity). You've already made up your own mind on the matter, and are pretending that a biblical answer (as detailed in the book of Romans, for example) does not exist so that only your own predetermined answer remains. At this point, there is nothing I can say or do to help you.

Yes. The Church of No God indeed does tend to condemn/hate the Christian God even though they claim that he doesn't exist. The Church of No God, in that case, is quite literally condemning/hating a supposedly non-existent entity. How rational is THAT?

Based on this particular comment alone, I take it that you are claiming to believe that the Christian God DOES exist but you are simply choosing to reject him as your God because you don't like him. If you've in the past made claim to the Church of No God religion, which I suspect that you have done before, then you'd be in a real pickle of a paradox here.

You are so wrong it seems unfair to call it "wrong." "Absurdly wrong" might do.

I do not "believe" the Christian god (whatever that is) DOES exist...and I do not "believe" the Christian god DOES NOT exist. I have absolutely no idea if ANY gods exist...and neither do you. You choose to blindly guess that at least one god exists...and you choose to further guess that the god you blindly guess exists is accurately described in the Bible.

If the god you blindly guess actually exists...you and I are in for a rather uncomfortable eternity, because there is no way either of us will ever meet the required standards of that god for avoiding that fate.

If "avoiding that fate" is what you aiming for when you use the term salvation...you are fools.

I have read Romans. Romans does not answer the question I asked...and you, as usual, have just been evading the question.

You are a silly person, gfm...a pompous, arrogant ass doing the silly walk of John Cleese...and supposing you look classy and intelligent while doing so.

But you are entertaining...and for that, I thank you.

winking-face.png

I am, I'm a huge asshole but I didn't lie. You need to stop being stupid.

I agree that you are a huge asshole.

You either lied, or where wrong. I did not restate your opinion as mine. I have given my opinion...and if you see similarities with yours, it is not because I "borrowed" from you. Frankly, you are too fucking stupid for me to ever consider borrowing any "thoughts" from you.

Your avatar shows you as an ignorant pissant. You chose wisely when you chose it...or whoever chose it for you really knows you.

So....you really didn't know what I was saying. Four-putt, my entire point was faith, you didn't contribute anything to the conversation.

"Faith!"

In a conversation about gods or the Bible...a "belief" is nothing more than a blind guess about whether any gods exist or not...or a blind guess about whether the Bible tells us anything about any gods that might exist.

"Faith" is merely insisting that the blind guesses are correct.

Wake the fuck up, you moron.

You are so wrong it seems unfair to call it "wrong." "Absurdly wrong" might do.

I do not "believe" the Christian god (whatever that is) DOES exist...and I do not "believe" the Christian god DOES NOT exist. I have absolutely no idea if ANY gods exist...and neither do you. You choose to blindly guess that at least one god exists...and you choose to further guess that the god you blindly guess exists is accurately described in the Bible.

If the god you blindly guess actually exists...you and I are in for a rather uncomfortable eternity, because there is no way either of us will ever meet the required standards of that god for avoiding that fate.

If "avoiding that fate" is what you aiming for when you use the term salvation...you are fools.

I have read Romans. Romans does not answer the question I asked...and you, as usual, have just been evading the question.

You are a silly person, gfm...a pompous, arrogant ass doing the silly walk of John Cleese...and supposing you look classy and intelligent while doing so.

But you are entertaining...and for that, I thank you.

winking-face.png

That's the view of a rational mind.But it's an assumption.
The Holy Spirit is what gives true believers Faith.
But nonbelievers can't see that so like yourself assume it's Blind Faith.

"Faith!"

In a conversation about gods or the Bible...a "belief" is nothing more than a blind guess about whether any gods exist or not...or a blind guess about whether the Bible tells us anything about any gods that might exist.

"Faith" is merely insisting that the blind guesses are correct.

Wake the fuck up, you moron.

That's the very argument I had with a Priest when I got married! The Faith vs Blind Faith debate.
That ended with an Epiphany of the Holy Spirit
Nov 1 1975

Back