the biggest hustle in human history

I understand your willingness to believe the elite establishment, but according to my original link:

See, what Nigel posts comes with names and verifiable sources that can be doublechecked.

The stooge you quote can't even provide the name of the "highest tenured faculty member at Chicago Law" so that his allegations might be verified.

Once again...

Nigel=names+facts

You=hearsay+rumor

See, what Nigel posts comes with names and verifiable sources that can be doublechecked.

The stooge you quote can't even provide the name of the "highest tenured faculty member at Chicago Law" so that his allegations might be verified.

Once again...

Nigel=names+facts

You=hearsay+rumor

You obviously don't understand what facts are.

Once again...

Nigel=names+facts

You=hearsay+rumor

According to m-w.com "hearsay" is not defined but is equivalent to "rumor" and "hearsay evidence".
Rumor: 1 : talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
2 : a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

Hearsay evidence: evidence based not on a witness's personal knowledge but on another's statement not made under oath

My link certainly is neither. You fail.

why is noone responding to this?

you moron libs went total apeshit over the bush/national guard fiasco and the media access to avoid reporting on it.

Here's my response, dated more than twenty years ago:

First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review
By FOX BUTTERFIELD, Special to The New York Times
Published: February 6, 1990

BOSTON, Feb. 5— The Harvard Law Review, generally considered the most prestigious in the country, elected the first black president in its 104-year history today. The job is considered the highest student position at Harvard Law School.

The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on Chicago's South Side before enrolling in law school. His late father, Barack Obama, was a finance minister in Kenya and his mother, Ann Dunham, is an American anthropologist now doing fieldwork in Indonesia. Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii.

''The fact that I've been elected shows a lot of progress,'' Mr. Obama said today in an interview. ''It's encouraging.

''But it's important that stories like mine aren't used to say that everything is O.K. for blacks. You have to remember that for every one of me, there are hundreds or thousands of black students with at least equal talent who don't get a chance,'' he said, alluding to poverty or growing up in a drug environment.

(Article continues)

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/02/06/u...o-head-harvard-s-law-review.html?pagewanted=1

And the fact is that in February 1990, the NYT published an article about Obama titled "First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review".

That would be EIGHTEEN YEARS before he was elected president.

that is actually interesting...

since he published no articles, and harvard sought to put this in the lime light....makes me think that maybe he was just a figure head....it is rare, if ever, that an editor of a law review, especially havard, doesn't publish eve one article....

why do you think that is?

BOSTON, Feb. 5— The Harvard Law Review, generally considered the most prestigious in the country, elected the first black president in its 104-year history today. The job is considered the highest student position at Harvard Law School.

The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on Chicago's South Side before enrolling in law school. His late father, Barack Obama, was a finance minister in Kenya and his mother, Ann Dunham, is an American anthropologist now doing fieldwork in Indonesia. Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii.

''The fact that I've been elected shows a lot of progress,'' Mr. Obama said today in an interview. ''It's encouraging.

''But it's important that stories like mine aren't used to say that everything is O.K. for blacks. You have to remember that for every one of me, there are hundreds or thousands of black students with at least equal talent who don't get a chance,'' he said, alluding to poverty or growing up in a drug environment.

(Article continues)

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/02/06/u...o-head-harvard-s-law-review.html?pagewanted=1

And once again, FACTS close the lid of anti-Obama garbarge stink! :good4u:

(Article continues)

President is largely a ceremonial position in that paper. Did he even write in the paper?

that is actually interesting...

since he published no articles, and harvard sought to put this in the lime light....makes me think that maybe he was just a figure head....it is rare, if ever, that an editor of a law review, especially havard, doesn't publish eve one article....

why do you think that is?

Any knowledge I have re: law review I got from articles like these:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/us/politics/28obama.html?_r=1

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12705.html

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/11257.html

"After winning a spot on the Review, Obama beat out 18 other contenders to become the first African-American president in the then-103-year history of the Review, and his duties included leading discussions and debates to determine what to print from the mountain of submissions from judges, scholars and authors from across the country, supervising the thorough editing of each issue's contents and giving every article what's known as a "P-read" once it was finally considered ready for publication."

And:

"His law review articles aren't his to publish. They belong to Harvard (in the case of any notes he wrote as a student) and whatever journals published them during his career as a law professor. They are, however, available from westlaw and lexis/nexis and any law library. As for his Columbia thesis paper, it would be available from the Columbia University library..."

Last edited:
President is largely a ceremonial position in that paper. Did he even write in the paper?

What makes you say that? A job description was given in one of the articles.

"... his duties included leading discussions and debates to determine what to print from the mountain of submissions from judges, scholars and authors from across the country, supervising the thorough editing of each issue's contents and giving every article what's known as a "P-read" once it was finally considered ready for publication."

In any case, the author of the original article says "The report states that Obama was unqualified, that he was never a 'constitutional professor and scholar,' and that he never served as editor of the Harvard Law Review while a student at the school." That makes Anthony G. Martin a big fat liar IMO, and I'll take anything else he writes with a large grain of salt.

Last edited:

Sour grapes.......Harvard is not in the habit of putting fools in prestigious positions...and your supposition and conjecture non-withstanding, the position isn't "largely" ceremonial with regards to the student body, nor was it done on a lark. If 1990 is too long for you, then perhaps you should see someone about your ADD.

What makes you say that? A job description was given in one of the articles.

"... his duties included leading discussions and debates to determine what to print from the mountain of submissions from judges, scholars and authors from across the country, supervising the thorough editing of each issue's contents and giving every article what's known as a "P-read" once it was finally considered ready for publication."

In any case, the author of the original article says "The report states that Obama was unqualified, that he was never a 'constitutional professor and scholar,' and that he never served as editor of the Harvard Law Review while a student at the school." That makes Anthony G. Martin a big fat liar IMO, and I'll take anything else he writes with a large grain of salt.

Because he never wrote anything in the paper.

Sour grapes.......Harvard is not in the habit of putting fools in prestigious positions...and your supposition and conjecture non-withstanding, the position isn't "largely" ceremonial with regards to the student body, nor was it done on a lark. If 1990 is too long for you, then perhaps you should see someone about your ADD.

Question: Have you ever heard of someone who became editor of law review without publishing a paper (like our beloved 44th president)?

Answer: The answer to your last question is no. Most, if not all law reviews, publish notes or articles from second-year law students who are members of the Law Review. The editors are third years. It's hard to imagine that a third year would be elected editor in chief without having previously published an article. If a third year isn't a good enough writer to have an article published in the law review, he or she probably isn't good enough to edit someone else's article.

He was elected "president" of the Harvard Law Review, not "editor."...
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2010/03/most-transparent-president-ever-has.html

obamanosepicker.jpg

Back