The Church should respect tough questions

Yup.

In any case, the thing they want to do most (aside from pretending that they do not do any "believing") is something you suggested earlier...namely to inflate their numbers. So the ones who claim that the most significant position of atheism is to be lacking a "belief" in any gods, in effect, allow them to claim that new-born babies, toddlers, people with dimentia and others with insufficient mental capacity for such a belief...are perforce, atheists. And they get to claim that agnostics are atheists also...which not only increases their numbers, but their intelligence averages also.

Jeeeezus you two sound like two Creationists complaining about another religious sect you don't like.

Why don't you ever try listening to what others say about their philosophies? Why do YOU have to be the "Winner"?

It is, in many ways, farce. To be fair to them, though, not all of them play that game. Many of them (the honest ones) acknowledge that the reason they are atheists is because "there are no gods." (Which is as much a belief as the belief that there is a single God.)

No True Scotsman. But then you never had much in the way of logic training.

How about this:

you aren't honest about YOUR position.

Do you like that? Presumably you do because you do it to others.

Oh does this mean you'll stop talking about the Bhagavad Gita and the various Sanskrit writings now? That's going to be kind of a loss, actually.
You did not identify what you wrote as religious literature, religious parable, or sacred poetry.

When you write "Atheism is my path to spirituality" no one on a political message board is going to leap to the conclusion you are practicing poetic metaphor.

They are going to take you literally as having spiritual beliefs and experiences. That's the way Domer and I took it.

You did not identify what you wrote as religious literature, religious parable, or sacred poetry.

It's common parlance. Seriously. Have you ever heard of "Maxwell's Demon"? Do you think Maxwell as talking about a member of Satan's flock from the depths of hell? Or was it simply a metaphorical term?

When you write "Atheism is my path to spirituality"

AGAIN: I never wrote that. Please try to debate honestly.

What I said was it was my "spiritual path" meaning that was the path that took me from my religious beliefs to my atheism. That is a spiritual path.

DO try to be honest in your debates.

no one on a political message board is going to leap to the conclusion you are practicing poetic metaphor.

They are going to take you literally as having spiritual beliefs and experiences. That's the way Domer and I took it.

You need to read more literature. It will expand your horizons. You will see the beauty of the language.

Yup.

In any case, the thing they want to do most (aside from pretending that they do not do any "believing") is something you suggested earlier...namely to inflate their numbers. So the ones who claim that the most significant position of atheism is to be lacking a "belief" in any gods, in effect, allow them to claim that new-born babies, toddlers, people with dimentia and others with insufficient mental capacity for such a belief...are perforce, atheists. And they get to claim that agnostics are atheists also...which not only increases their numbers, but their intelligence averages also.

It is, in many ways, farce. To be fair to them, though, not all of them play that game. Many of them (the honest ones) acknowledge that the reason they are atheists is because "there are no gods." (Which is as much a belief as the belief that there is a single God.)
I think I agree with most of that.

I also think there is something few people are willing to talk about. Genuine atheism, by necessity and taken to it's logical conclusion, means a rejection of the possibility of any eternal meaning, any higher transcendent truth, any ultimate purpose or meaning for us in this universe.

That is a very cynical and nihilistic pill to swallow, and I think is why so many of them dance on the edge of pantheism, Deism, transcendentalism, being forever reticent to fully embrace a materialistic reductionist view of the universe and human life.

no hatred or fear.

Bearing false witness will not suit you well.

I pity them.

Because they don't believe the stuff you believe?

the sulfur in their nostrils, the blight on their souls.

There's the stuff. You are kinda rubbin' your chubby thinking about the atheists roasting in hell. If only they'd listened to YOU. YOU were way and the Light. They could have come to the father but now they are roasting in hell. And you get to pleasure yourself with that fantasy.

Jeeeezus you two sound like two Creationists complaining about another religious sect you don't like.

Why don't you ever try listening to what others say about their philosophies? Why do YOU have to be the "Winner"?

No True Scotsman. But then you never had much in the way of logic training.

How about this:

you aren't honest about YOUR position.

Do you like that? Presumably you do because you do it to others.
Perhaps a less tight pair would help?

Ya know...just perhaps.

Bearing false witness will not suit you well.

Because they don't believe the stuff you believe?

There's the stuff. You are kinda rubbin' your chubby thinking about the atheists roasting in hell. If only they'd listened to YOU. YOU were way and the Light. They could have come to the father but now they are roasting in hell. And you get to pleasure yourself with that fantasy.

I pity all nihilists and eugenicist fallen souls.

they are cut of from the LOVE AND FORGIVENESS of God.

I think I agree with most of that.

I also think there is something few people are willing to talk about. Genuine atheism,

"Genuine atheism" = "Whatever Cypress wants it to be and ONLY that."

That is a very cynical and nihilistic pill to swallow,

Ahhh, so you are AFRAID of atheism. That makes sense. You need that bit of "magic" in your world.

and I think is why so many of them dance on the edge of pantheism, Deism, transcendentalism, for ever reticent to fully embrace a materialistic reductionist view of the universe and human life.

Or you just choose to build strawmen and set fire to those.

You do realize strawmen arguments are really bad arguments, right?

Try listening to what people say in debates. Don't just assume you are the god of all things knowledge.

Enjoy your golden crowns in heaven. I'm SURE you'll get some pretty ones.
the fruits of morality are evident in the here and now.

they are defensible on completely rational grounds.

but you don't even want to talk about that.

you said morality was about stability or some fucked up shit like that.

you lose right out the gate.

so you thrash around in idiotic avoidance.

the fruits of morality are evident in the here and now.

they are defensible on completely rational grounds.

but you don't even want to talk about that.

I'd be more than happy to talk about morality with you. But you would get too scared.

you said morality was about stability or some fucked up shit like that.

you lose right out the gate.

Like I said. You are too scared. You need an invisible man in the sky telling you what is right and wrong.

so you thrash around in idiotic avoidance.

I'm not avoiding anything. I just say things that scare you.

The presence of evil and needless suffering of innocents.

BAM!
LMFAO

That's just stuff you dont like that you use as an excuse. It's not proof there is no God. This is akin to when people saw sailing ships fall off the edge of the earth when the ship went beyond the horizon. Adorable

LMFAO

That's just stuff you dont like that you use as an excuse. It's not proof there is no God. This is akin to when people saw sailing ships fall off the edge of the earth when the ship went beyond the horizon. Adorable

What is your solution to the "Problem of Evil"? Just curious how deeply you have thought about your faith.

What is your solution to the "Problem of Evil"? Just curious how deeply you have thought about your faith.
First of all what is the "problem" of evil and why do you think it needs a "solution" in order to believe God exist. Please don't come back with all the omnis it's a failed argument. Your argument assumes that only one or the other can or should exist.

But the "solution" to the "problem" of evil is Jesus.

First of all what is the "problem" of evil and why do you think it needs a "solution"

Oh, sorry, it's actually a "standard topic" in theology and philosophy. I thought you were familiar with those topics.

in order to believe God exist. Please don't come back with all the omnis it's a failed argument. Your argument assumes that only one or the other can or should exist.

But the "solution" to the "problem" of evil is Jesus.

I'll wait for you to learn a bit more about the topic. Sorry, I keep forgetting that most believers never think too deeply about their faith.

Back