The Constitution won’t save America- It has lost touch: open

The 1st Amendment was violated by the government when they passed a law restricting free speech. A person who violated that law was convicted and appealed on the basis the law was unconstitutional (and would be repealed or altered). A person cannot violate the 1st Amendment. His conviction for violating the law would be overturned after the law was declared unconstitutional.

A person can violate the 1st amendment, Sock.
The 1st amendment is NOT unconstitutional, Sock.

Only the government can violate the Constitution. You've never heard of the government being prosecuted for passing an unconstitutional law. The law is repealed or moot.

Lean some constitutional law.

The government did violate the Constitution, Sock. It is YOU that is trying to deny and discard the Constitution and all State constitutions. You cannot project YOUR problems on me or anybody else.

It is the way it works, Sock.

The law does not need to be 'declared' unconstitutional. It already is.

Yes it does. It is the law.

Which is part of the law.

All False.

At this point you are so confused about how the Constitution works it is a waste of time to explain it to you.

A person can violate the 1st amendment, Sock.
The 1st amendment is NOT unconstitutional, Sock.

No, a person cannot violate the 1st Amendment unless he is represents the government.

Of course the 1st Amendment is not unconstitutional. A nonsensical concept.

The government did violate the Constitution, Sock. It is YOU that is trying to deny and discard the Constitution and all State constitutions. You cannot project YOUR problems on me or anybody else.

That is exactly what my post said. Only the government can violate the 1st amendment and if they pass an unconstitutional law they did not commit a criminal act; the law is struck down and repealed. The person who violated the law has his conviction overturned. The law was not unconstitutional until a court issued that interpretation.

Basic constitutional law.

That is exactly what my post said.
Blatant lie, Sock. Don't try to deny your own post or claim to have said something you didn't.
Only the government can violate the 1st amendment and if they pass an unconstitutional law they did not commit a criminal act; the law is struck down and repealed. The person who violated the law has his conviction overturned. The law was not unconstitutional until a court issued that interpretation.
No court required. If a law is unconstitutional is it unconstitutional. No court has any authority to interpret or change any constitution.
Basic constitutional law.
The Constitution is constitutional law, Sock. Not any court.

You are not having an intelligent conversation, Sock.

Agreed, because you are the other person in the conversation. You resort to an unrelated charge about the other persons "problems," citing some fallacy, non-sequiturs, or RQAA.

Try to avoid insults to others or name calling, stick to the topic, and stop repeating the same inane lies. A lot of posters will probably take you off Ignore and we can engage in higher level discussions.

Back