The difference between philosophy and religion.

You need to get back the kiddie pool. You're actually light rain mudpuddle on the sidewalk deep.

How are people that go along with "Climate Change" theories not religious?

Religion is dogmatic and can only be dogmatic.

Philosophy does not demand allegiance to a set of beliefs.
I think there are nuggets of truth here, but you also deliberately crafted a caricature.

There never would have been a Protestant Reformation, a 30 Years War, Rabbinic Judaism etc. if religion was static and utterly dogmatic.

I think there are nuggets of truth here, but you also deliberately crafted a caricature.

There never would have been a Protestant Reformation, a 30 Years War, Rabbinic Judaism etc. if religion was static and utterly dogmatic.

All you did was reference religion.

Philosophy is trying to figure out what the fuck is going on!
Religion is a group of sinners fucking up God's Revelation to mankind.

All you did was reference religion.
So you don't refute or deny my point that there is no static and dogmatic character to world religions.

But I think your caricature in post 1 has some element of truth.

Moral of the story --> Anyone who is genuinely interested in intellectual history and philosophy invests time in learning about both religion and philosophy, since there is so much interlap between them.

I am as interested in learning about Descartes and Kant, as I am about Zhuangzi and Augustine.

So you don't refute or deny my point that there is no static and dogmatic character to world religions.

But I think your caricature in post 1 has some element of truth.

Moral of the story --> Anyone who is genuinely interested in intellectual history and philosophy invests time in learning About both religion and philosophy, since there is so much interlap between them.

I am as interested in learning about Descartes and Kant, as I am about Zhuangzi and Augustine.

You are a religious obsessive who barely understands the most elementary concepts in philosophy.

You are a religious obsessive who barely understands the most elementary concepts in philosophy.
I am not responsible for your rage and resentment.

You generally only ever respond with monosyllabic insults.

You are really limiting yourself by limiting your knowledge to the conventional western, secular philosophers.

Typical childish response. You are profoundly imperceptive.
You keep claiming or insinuating you have read the entire collected works of two thousand years of western philosophy, but I have seen no evidence that is true.

I even have my doubts if it is even physically possible for one person to read it all, even if they were unemployed and devoted a lifetime to it.

Back