The difference between philosophy and religion.

Buddhism is hardly a majority religion in the US. I know people who do meditation who don't really care about Buddhist beliefs.

Quantity wasn't the issue of the subject title...and meditation predates Buddhism, the early practitioners are even more rare in the USA (i.e., Daoists).

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
Quantity wasn't the issue of the subject title...and meditation predates Buddhism, the early practitioners are even more rare in the USA (i.e., Daoists).

Right. Good point. I really don't care.

Okay, but if you don't care why are posting on this thread? Things I don't care about I don't post on. Taking positions on things one claims not to care about just doesn't make sense to me. A lot of people do it....I guess it passes the time. Whatever. No harm, no foul. I'm moving on.

Okay, but if you don't care why are posting on this thread? Things I don't care about I don't post on. Taking positions on things one claims not to care about just doesn't make sense to me. A lot of people do it....I guess it passes the time. Whatever. No harm, no foul. I'm moving on.

I find religion extremely boring. I'll talk about philosophy. That was the point of my thread. I was trolled by the moderator and had to put Cypress on ignore.

My point about Buddhism is it makes no difference whether people call it a religion or philosophy.

"Religion is dogmatic and can only be dogmatic.

Philosophy does not demand allegiance to a set of beliefs."

That was my first comment. I did not see anyone refute it or even try.

Back