The difference between philosophy and religion.

"I never said I never read Eastern texts."

Wow, now you are so flustered, you aren't even writing cogent and lucid English.

Unlike you, I am completely honest and transparent about what original source material I have actually read. The only original source material I have read from 6th and 5th century BCE are Plato's Republic, The Iliad, and Homer's Odyssey. Oh, and I read parts of Herodotus' Histories.

The knowledge I have acquired about Aristotle, Thucydides, Zeno, Democritus, etc., is strictly from reading, from scholars, subject matter experts, and articles.

you're a lying shit brain

you're an idiot

No, he's just a BS artist who thinks he's clever. Pity he doesn't (or refuses to) realize that once you print something, it's there for all to review. That's why one of my favorite phrases is "the chronology of the posts", because it reduces guys like Cy to repetitive lies and denial (or the usual feigned innocence ploy). Cy makes his statement and he's not going to budge....logic and facts derived from debate be damned. He'll just blow smoke, move a goal post, lie about what transpired, etc., rather than just concede even a small point. For some reason, guys like Cy are afraid to concede a point on a format as anonymous as this one. Whatever. There's no sense in further engagement of such a mindset after a point. I just let them have the last word and watch their folly. If they become abusive or a nasty spam troll, I put them on the ignore list for a month or so in hopes that they'll change their ways. Hope springs eternal.

No, he's just a BS artist who thinks he's clever. Pity he doesn't (or refuses to) realize that once you print something, it's there for all to review. That's why one of my favorite phrases is "the chronology of the posts", because it reduces guys like Cy to repetitive lies and denial (or the usual feigned innocence ploy). Cy makes his statement and he's not going to budge....logic and facts derived from debate be damned. He'll just blow smoke, move a goal post, lie about what transpired, etc., rather than just concede even a small point. For some reason, guys like Cy are afraid to concede a point on a format as anonymous as this one. Whatever. There's no sense in further engagement of such a mindset after a point. I just let them have the last word and watch their folly. If they become abusive or a nasty spam troll, I put them on the ignore list for a month or so in hopes that they'll change their ways. Hope springs eternal.

That may be the case. Cypress likes to lie about what others say. I see he is that way with everyone.

Point out any lie I told.

Point out any lie I told.

The chronology of the posts show that I agreed with you that technological innovation is a measure of ingenuity, and that intellectual achievement was developed in Africa --> even though those weren't even points I brought up or even alluded to. You were the one who brought up eating utensils, Viking swords, and African achievement. I held out the Clovis point and lanteen sail as profound technological achievement.

Last edited:
That's where my point comes in,what you call religious knowledge, for me comes from the Holy Spirit.
Not books,not teachers,not so called experts.
I can't rely on the holy spirit for cultivating knowledge, I have to rely on classes, books, journals, experts, videos, documentaries, et al.

You've never had an original philosophical thought in your life, though you imagine you have .

Every opinion you have about philosophy is the sum total of what you have read others write, filtered and distilled through your own experiences and biases.

Nobody on this board, not you, not me, not Jack have ever made any original contributions to philosophy or intellectual thought.

There might be hubris and arrogance scattered around on this thread, but it's not from me.

I am the only one openly confessing that all the knowledge I have is derivative and came from teachers, experts, books, journals, and my only accomplishment was to integrate and cultivate that knowledge through the lens of my own personal experiences.

I have never made original contributions to humanity's intellectual and philosophical thought.

Dictionary.com
Genius: "an exceptional natural capacity of intellect, especially as shown in creative and original work in science, art, music, etc.: the genius of Mozart.

There might be hubris and arrogance scattered around on this thread, but it's not from me.

I am the only one openly confessing that all the knowledge I have is derivative and came from teachers, experts, books, journals, and my only accomplishment was to integrate and cultivate that knowledge through the lens of my own personal experiences.

I have never made original contributions to humanity's intellectual and philosophical thought.

Third hand information! Do you ever check sources that contradict your experts?

Do you go to doctors? Or is their expertise too suspect?

It's important to read and learn from multiple experts, whether the subject is physics, mathematics, philosophy, sociology, history, or religious studies. It gives one multiple perspectives and a sense of the range of scholarship.

It's important to read and learn from multiple experts, whether the subject is physics, mathematics, philosophy, sociology, history, or religious studies. It gives one multiple perspectives and a sense of the range of scholarship.

I get a different perspective on quantum mechanics from physicist Sean Carroll than I do from physicist Richard Wolfson.

I get a different perspective on Christian history from the agnostic biblical scholar Bart Ehrman than I do from the Catholic theologian Timothy Luke Johnson.

The interesting part for me is integrating this information in my mind so I have a good sense of the scholarship, and can possibly reach some of my own interesting insights from the different perspectives I have learned

You didn't answer my question

You didn't answer my question
Yes, I did. I wrote that I seek out and acquire different perspectives on a topic.

I am probably literally the only poster in this thread who has a proven track record of posting both atheist view points along side religious view points, as well as posts of divergent scientific view points.

^^ And I have the threads to prove it.

Do you ever accept contradictory information to the holy spirit?

Do you ever check sources that contradict your experts?

Here's a few examples of where I considered the opinions of experts with radically different and opposing viewpoints. How many examples do you need? Because I could overwhelm you with examples.

An example of me sharing examples of atheist thought contrasting with religious thought-->
https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...-vs-Friedrich-Nietzsche&p=5027552#post5027552

Another example of me sharing examples of atheist thought contrasting with religious thought-->
https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...Dawkins-vs-Issac-Newton&p=4938482#post4938482

Sociology: here is an example of me sharing contrasting examples of thought in the sociological sciences, positivism vs mysticism -->
https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...e-vs-Fyodor-Dostoyevsky&p=4578348#post4578348

Just War theory: here is an example of me sharing radically different points of view on just war theory, from realism to pacifism -->
https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?181536-Just-War-Theory&p=4852125#post4852125

Physics: here is an example of me considering radically different points of view on physics, realism and determinism vs. quantum probability -->
https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?172566-Einstein-vs-Bohr&p=4569621#post4569621

Back